MK vs DC

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
picard-facepalm.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Bizarre, and it only highlights how much more sense it would make for all these franchises to swap partners. When I see this I can't help but think of how much cooler it would be to have Marvel vs. DC and Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter, which is just about the ultimate of what everyone would want in a crossover series like this.

Also, the style shown in the vid isn't exactly blowing my skirt up, or my cup of tea. The MK series lost me when they went 3D (not that I don't like 3D fighters, just not the way they did it). Were the later MK games any good?

Oburi

All praise Grail
I just saw this preview on g4. Even though I think it's really stupid I have to say the Sub Zero versus The Dark night looked badass.

Also, the style shown in the vid isn't exactly blowing my skirt up, or my cup of tea. The MK series lost me when they went 3D (not that I don't like 3D fighters, just not the way they did it). Were the later MK games any good?

I wasn't big on it either until I really put the time to get good at it, then it became pretty cool. Deadly Alliance was by far the most fun I had with a mortal combat game. Me an my friends played it all the time trying to unlock all the things in that graveyard. Deception was pretty cool too, but I only played for about month then traded it in. Anyway I don't see what wrong with the mortal combat universe where they need to add DC characters. This better be some kind of goofy spoofy just for the hell of it shit. I like too see another really exciting and serious mortal combat where they continue the story and shit.

S

smoke

Whatever happened to MK: Armageddon being the last MK game with this generation of characters?

Also to answer Griff's question, I thought Armageddon was a great Mortal Kombat game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:

Some of the latest were good enough. I think it was Deadly Alliance that I tried.

Anyway, I read about this yesterday, but hesitated to make a thread about it. Apparently there won't be any fatalities in because DC won't allow its characters to go through such things. Kinda takes the fun out of Mortal Kombat...

smoke said:
Whatever happened to MK: Armageddon being the last MK game with this generation of characters?

My thoughts exactly. I know it's not going to happen, but I'm hoping this is some kind of intermission game while they work on the next generation Mortal Kombat. Something to tide us over or whatnot.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this. I'm both curious and disappointed. I'm curious to see how this game turns out. I honestly like how it looks but it seems a little odd. I mean, how could anyone of the MK cast be able to take out Superman, for example? Of course, they'll water him down but when they do, it won't be Superman anymore. I'm curious to see how the story unfolds. The two worlds colliding, enemies becoming allies, and the like over some unknown danger/threat/entity/power. Ok, you've got my attention. Now lets see if they can flesh it out into something great. Will this game be canon? Probably not. Maybe. If it is just an intermission game, it could turn out to be great, at least in my eyes. At least it'd leave the promise that they're taking enough time to make the next MK game great.

I'm disappointed because, like I said earlier, where's the next gen MK cast? I was honestly looking forward to seeing who did and didn't survive Armageddon, and I wanted to see what new people would be introduced. I was hoping the next generation of Mortal Kombat would kick off alongside the next generation consoles. I guess not. Oh well.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
This one's been making me groan. I understand part of the whole appeal of MK is the ridiculous violence, but the last few games have been just plain ridiculous. Unless they really up the combat system and make an attempt to make the systems physics at least seem plausible, I'm not touching this. That arial fight scene in the trailer looked so crude and silly I almost gagged.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Aazealh said:
Apparently there won't be any fatalities in because DC won't allow its characters to go through such things. Kinda takes the fun out of Mortal Kombat...

What the hell is left? How the hell does Scorpion kill someone without being brutal. What is he without the flaming breath, the Hell Raiser, the Jouhyou, or Hand of Doom? How's he gonna kill Green Lantern let alone Superman? Batman sees kinda handicapped when compared to Scorpion or Sub Zero. Are they going to give him all his utility belt gadgets? Also, were not seriously gonna see Wonder Woman vs Sonia are we? That sounds like a freakin' fan fiction!

On another note. I always remembered MK being completely devoid of jumping moves. Did this change at all in the latest games.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Oh well I'll be the first to talk about it since I played last week. Like a few post below me says: There are pretty good fatalities (ex: Joker shooting is opponent in the head just to find out it's a classic : "bang" written on a piece of paper, than laugh and then shoot him for real in the head with a real gun)

The fights are nice, and it's good to have the classic move of the original MK.

The Flash is an amazing character to play with and has a lot of interesting move.

The aerial fight are not as bad as Vaxillus make them look.

Scorpion has his classic flaming breath fatality.

Overall I pretty much like the game (and I usually hate MK games) I wish I could have played longer though cause I don't own a psp3 or X-box 360 but it was worthwhile.

The only downside is that there is not enough blood (still has a lot but not enough)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's getting decent ratings on review websites too. Hmm, I'd like to try it just to see what it's like playing as Flash or Green Lantern. :guts:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
It's getting decent ratings on review websites too. Hmm, I'd like to try it just to see what it's like playing as Flash or Green Lantern. :guts:

Well since I suck at MK usually I had a little bit of difficulty to get the moves (didn't try Green Lantern though) so I just kept playing with Scorpy and Sub-zero. Batman is nice too...

I played against my friend who chose the joker so it was an "epic" Batman vs Joker fight hehe.

X

Xem

Griffith said:
When I see this I can't help but think of how much cooler it would be to have Marvel vs. DC and Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter, which is just about the ultimate of what everyone would want in a crossover series like this.

QFT.

At least we got SNK vs Capcom, which if you ask me is a better concept than MK vs SF, but Marvel versus DC could totally be epic.... as long as Capcom or SNK make it. :ganishka:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Deci said:
QFT.

At least we got SNK vs Capcom, which if you ask me is a better concept than MK vs SF, but Marvel versus DC could totally be epic.... as long as Capcom or SNK make it. :ganishka:
I like how SNK vs Capcom games went... They werent so bad as cheesing your way through like Marvel vs Capcom was... hell I remember in Marvel vs Capcom two that you could breeze through the game with Cable doing his standard strong punch which shot his pistol and then do a forward half circle to do his beam attack. It was stupid easy!

Top Bottom