BET Gets a new Marvel Cartoon

THE BLACK PANTHER – From Marvel Comics (for those who don't know, is known as the wise and African warrior king, T'Challa who also has personal relations with Storm) is coming to prime time as an animated series featuring the first Black superhero; "A technologically advanced superhero with a proud past."
To top this, it will be airing on BET in 2009.
http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/04/19/bet-gets-its-own-marvel-cartoon/

I can't get past the humor in this. I could joke and hope it's not drawn like graffiti with rap and beat-box music between takes, but I'll refrain. Just thought it was kinda funny and worth sharing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't really know the character other than by name. I'm surprised to learn that there's a TV channel dedicated to "black entertainment" (whatever that's supposed to mean) though, but I guess it makes sense in the context of US culture and history. Anyway, I hope this new series won't be as bad as the cartoons that have been coming out these past few years.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Aazealh said:
I don't really know the character other than by name. I'm surprised to learn that there's a TV channel dedicated to "black entertainment" (whatever that's supposed to mean) though, but I guess it makes sense in the context of US culture and history.

Sadly, it's just as bad as you might imagine.

Godred

Once sent from the Golden Hall.
Bwaaaahaha!!! The Black Panther is going to bee a show on BET? Oh man, new material for a million jokes :) I still want to see what its like though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Keep in mind this was supposed to be a serious message.

Really? The description says it's a satirical observation of the current state of hip hop.

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Here is another gem from BET.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rN2VqFPNS8w

Keep in mind this was supposed to be a serious message.

That's hilarious, and I love it. No, I don't normally listen to or enjoy rap and hip-hop and r&b and whatever else they're making these days.

I wouldn't undercut the series just because it'll be run on BET. It'll be good for the "black community" to be entertained by something other than some black guy talking about "bitches & hoes" or senselessly killing other black guys in an act of irrational and bigoted hatred, and even if it does have a rap soundtrack I can only imagine it is to pander to BET's viewers.

Top Bottom