What are you listening to? (general music thread)

I'm currently listening to dillinger escape plan's setting fire to sleeping giants.
I've already heard the self titled Chinese democracy track (on sirius not pirated) from the new guns n roses and I must say im my opinion its a letdown when compared to his earlier work with guns in roses lyric wise.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Slan_wings said:
[...]my opinion its a letdown when compared to his earlier work with guns in roses lyric wise.

What about sound wise? Most of the time for me, as long as the music is good the lyrics could be jibberish for all I care.

@scorpio the music is sub par nothing really standsout,since apparently a good improvisional guitarist is too much for him but if you like the whole new rock bands who dont do solos then its passible but not exactly what i think of when i want to hear gnr

This time round listening to slayer's song supremist.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I am listening to KMFDM right now while I play Warhammer: Age of Reckoning. Squigz ar da best!

I love KMFDM. Anarchy is my favorite song from them. Though I also like Virus and Leid Und Elend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avwxZX_pYXU

my favorite songs by kmfdm are megalomaniac & juke joint jezebel (remix I forgot title of). but of course I dont buy music very much anymore too much manga.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Finally some music talk I could get into! I still prefer Nihil over anything else but I just pulled out Money and gave that a relistening. Great stuff, I haven't listened to KMFDM in a while. I've been too stuck on Front Line Assembly lately.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
At this very moment i'm listening to Blind Guardian's "Nightfall In Middle Earth" yet again. It's not my favourite album and there's a common agreement that it takes some time to fully appreciate this one in particular. Be that as it may, i think it's perfectly suited to listen to when reading Berserk. Enhances the mood by rougly 90% for me.

Well a band I found to be good to listen to while reading berserk is acid bath's when the kite string pops cd.

I'm listening to amon amarth's twilight of the thunder god.

Oburi

All praise Grail
What I'm listening too now.

My Morning Jacket - evil urges

Fleet FOxes- Fleet Foxes-

MGMT-Oracular Spectacular...this album is awsome. Maybe too poppy but still very cool

Tokyo Police Club ...Just heard these guys on their last show for their tour. Not bad.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
MGMT-Oracular Spectacular...this album is awsome. Maybe too poppy but still very cool
Yeah I keep meaning to say that MGMT has the best album of the year in this thread. Because they do. Even if they are a bunch of lame ass psychedelic hippies, their music is just fucking FUN, but it's also tinted with a kind of sadness. They make me think of what Sigur Ros would have developed into if they weren't tragically crippled by their stilted pretention.

Here's a few hits:
Future Reflections, the song I keep coming back to over and over, especially once it catches its groove around the 2m mark - its the climax of the album.

Of Moons, Birds and Monsters. The 2.5 minute instrumental segment is another height of the album.

And of course, Kids, their big single.

MGMT is fucking brilliant. And, I would agree, their's is certainly one of the best albums this year. And despite how quickly I got burnt out on it, I'd say Vampire Weekend's is right up there, too.

If you like MGMT, maybe you'd like to check out Cut/Copy, if you haven't already. Similar in some ways; in an electro-poppish way.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Walter said:
Yeah I keep meaning to say that MGMT has the best album of the year in this thread. Because they do. Even if they are a bunch of lame ass psychedelic hippies, their music is just fucking FUN, but it's also tinted with a kind of sadness. They make me think of what Sigur Ros would have developed into if they weren't tragically crippled by their stilted pretention.

Here's a few hits:
Future Reflections, the song I keep coming back to over and over, especially once it catches its groove around the 2m mark - its the climax of the album.

Of Moons, Birds and Monsters. The 2.5 minute instrumental segment is another height of the album.

And of course, Kids, their big single.

"Kids" made me get the whole album. But i was disappointed. I only enjoy "Kids" ( :troll:). Bastards fooled me with the single.

On topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z1lntprsUw
Katatonia - Deliberation

X

Xem

Someone blasting hip-hop outside my apartment atm. I wouldn't mind so much but it's on REPEAT ONE.

The Perineum Falcon said:
MGMT is fucking brilliant. And, I would agree, their's is certainly one of the best albums this year.

It's far, far too different from the kind of stuff I usually listen to. Too full of emotions I don't like. I like Rhapsody Of Fire and Blind Guardian. Music regarding good, evil, dragons, conquest, and treasure.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SKqqKjW0aU

I've been listening to heidevolk's wodan heerst and megadeth's holy wars....punishment due (live).

Anyone know of a good blackmore's night cd to listen to while reading berserk?

Another album perfect for the Fall and Winter months (and I'm, admittedly, a bit late on this):

boniver(1).jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Saw The Who tonight, opening act was good too: Inward Eye, good frontman, drummer, and lots of energy and stage presence, a real power trio, the kind of band you have to experience live to fully appreciate. They properly set the tone so The Who couldn't just come out like corpses, and they didn't disappoint, they still fucking got it, they're just older and more bitter. :guts:

Top Bottom