What are you listening to? (general music thread)

Hey there guys I got a question do any of you listen to RnB, Rap, or Hip Hop because it seems to me that most of you listen to rock and some other music but thats cool i just wanted to know if you guys listen to what i said above

yesmilord said:
I used to till they all went to crap.

Pretty much just rock, indy, and foreign these days for me.

Yeah I know I wanted to see if anyone still listens to this crap but I guess not although some new songs aren't that bad but the old Rap, RnB, and Hip Hop songs will always be the best to me :badbone:

Oburi

All praise Grail
For all the screamo kids in here (all both of us) the new A Skylit Drive came out and it kicks ass. They actually released this album (their second) like within one year after releasing their debut album. I was shocked, to see a newer band release two albums so close together from the same label before. The cool thing is I've been a fan of these guys since they got their start and if anyone is interested in getting into them, check out their 7 track ep called she watched the sky. It's got their original singer but it's one of my favorite cd's and a must have if you like that type of music, even though its not well known. But the band is getting bigger and the EP was re-released so thats good news.

askylitdrive.jpg

Right now (as I write this as a matter of fact) I'm listening to German ambient/electronic meister Ulrich Schnauss and his last album Goodbye. The album has been criticized by some fans for having too much focus on percussion and vocal parts compared to his earlier output. Personally I think this is clearly his best work - just as dreamy and beautiful as his other two efforts, but with enough new ideas to keep me interested through the whole thing. His previous albums all had two or three filler tracks, something that's practically nonexistent on Goodbye. If you're looking for comparisons you could probably relate his music to a more electronic-sounding My Bloody Valentine.

Baby Monkey - Voodoo Child (AKA Moby)
Planet Roll Call - Susumu Hirasawa's latest album
Everything by Japanese electronic artist "Hora". He's very fucking good, and has had a go at practically every sub genre of electronic music.

I love instrumental music.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Perineum Falcon said:
Who wouldn't?;)

but the cover's enjoyable, too, non?

It's not too bad, I'll admit. Not the easiest thing to cover either, especially for an American band.

Oburi

All praise Grail
New Modest Mouse single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz4DjL7jRcI

The end of the vid is funny shit.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Darklink286 said:
Girls on Film by Duran Duran

Why you always got to one up me, darklink huh? Just Kidding, Duran Duran can suck Isaac Brocks **** ****

And how about the new Dave Matthews Band album? I like the single a lot! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew8hmVIGKcM&feature=fvst

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Five Years by David Bowie. Some bittersweet nostalgia involved with it.

Trying out some darkwave (or "electronic goth" as some call it) for the moment. Deine Lakaien surely has made a couple of great albums in this genre, even though purists would call it "darkwave watered out with synthpop". Kasmodiah might be their best work, but each of their albums contains at least some gold.

I've never posted in this thread and my first time browsing here so before do post anything let me say I'm one of those people that listen to EVERYTHING. From country to metal. From crap(rap) to classical. But the bulk of my music collection are anime/video game musics, metal, happy hardcore/trance/gabba/hardcore techno/rave-like stuff etc.etc.

I recently purchased a band's albums I have been meaning to buy for awhile now. The Birthday Massacre's Walking with Strangers album. I really enjoy it cause I never heard anything like them. Currently listening :serpico:

D-Scape said:
Trying out some darkwave (or "electronic goth" as some call it) for the moment. Deine Lakaien surely has made a couple of great albums in this genre, even though purists would call it "darkwave watered out with synthpop". Kasmodiah might be their best work, but each of their albums contains at least some gold.

Is this the genre that's usually played in gothic clubs? I've been to one gothic club in my life and I couldn't quite finger the exact name for the genre of music I heard. It was like a mix of trance, electronica, metal, happy hardcore music. I just labeled it as goth.

ori said:
Is this the genre that's usually played in gothic clubs? I've been to one gothic club in my life and I couldn't quite finger the exact name for the genre of music I heard. It was like a mix of trance, electronica, metal, happy hardcore music. I just labeled it as goth.

I hardly ever go out, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is what's being played in goth clubs these days. Darkwave is basically an evolution of goth rock that started in the late 1970's and was big during the 80's. Some artists started to experiment with synth and industrial and gave goth a more electronic approach.

Goth seems to have become a rather ambiguous term. Everything from pop bands like Evanesence to ultra harsh industrial is labeled "goth" nowdays.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Lately I've been listening to a ton of Hard-fi, as I find everything on their Once Upon a Time in the West album to be amazing
200px-Hard-fi_-_Once_Upon_a_Time_in_the_West.PNG

But I've also been listening to a fair amount of Simian Mobile Disco. Particularly this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMoorwCt0bA I've been guilty of just leaving it on loop for several hours while I work on other things. Most of the other songs from the album, Attack Decay Sustain Release, are also quite good and worth a listen.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Anyone listening to the new Kings of Leon album? The three singles have been getting crazy radio play, at least in my area. These guys have exploded with this album. Sex on Fire, Use Somebody and ... the other song are catchy as hell. The whole album is like that too.

Notion is the other single also getting played a ton on my local radio but I think it's starting to die down here in KS. I liked the first song Closer the most but it's been awhile. I burnt out on the album real quick. Looked the band up and I don't remember their album Because of the Times at all or if there were any singles.

Dare I say it but I've been enjoying Ida Maria's Fortress around my Heart. Also Cursive's new album which seems darker than Ugly Organ and maybe more personal but I don't know. Those are the only two albums from em I've heard.

Not too many metal bands to be excited about lately (I admit I'm picky when it comes to this genre), but I'm greatly anticipating Sybreed's new album "The Pulse of Awakening". It's a nice blend between melodic death and industrial. The first clips from the upcoming release sounds spectacular. \m/

Top Bottom