What are you listening to? (general music thread)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, I heard these Beatles guys already have their own Rock Band game.

Anyway, haven't heard the remasters yet, but just from what I've heard about it, it was a huge undertaking and a very cool project, so I'd be curious to give them a listen, especially if they're available on vinyl (which I'm $ure they are).

P.S. Anyone else listening to the Megadeth Remasters?? :guts:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
宮本 グリフィス said:
Yeah, I heard these Beatles guys already have their own Rock Band game.

Anyway, haven't heard 'em yet, but just from what I've heard about them, it was a huge undertaking and a very cool project, so I'd be curious to give them a listen, especially if they're available on vinyl (which I'm $ure they are).

P.S. Anyone else listening to the Megadeth Remasters?? :guts:

Yeah there's no better way to listen to some riffs than vinyl. :SK:
I"ll take my walkman out of my closet and put that Megadeth when I get it :ganishka:

Oburi said:
havent heard it yet but I know lots of people getting into it. Ill have to check it out myself.
宮本 グリフィス said:
Anyway, haven't heard the remasters yet, but just from what I've heard about it, it was a huge undertaking and a very cool project, so I'd be curious to give them a listen, especially if they're available on vinyl (which I'm $ure they are).

Yeah, what can I say about them? I mean, they certainly sound good, but that probably has nothing to do with the remastering. =)

I mean, they certainly seem to sound clearer, crisper, but it could all just be Suggestion, ya know? But no, they really do sound quite lovely, and the latter albums are definitely a treat to hear. I have been able to pick up more elements than I have in the past (on disc or vinyl), especially with ringo and george (and the horns, by God!).

And what's most interesting is that once all the fuzz is removed, the clarity begins to resemble that of albums produced today, so it's easier to compare and contrast past and present and to see what a band like this--of this caliber--would sound like today.

They're worth a listen. ;)

I'm listening to Muse's The Resistance. I've listened to it a few times and I'm having a hard time liking it. It starts well but it loses steam towards the end. I'll continue listening to it, I hope I'll change my mind the more I listen to it.

Griffith

m said:
I'm listening to Muse's The Resistance. I've listened to it a few times and I'm having a hard time liking it. It starts well but it loses steam towards the end. I'll continue listening to it, I hope I'll change my mind the more I listen to it.

Muse is one of those bands where sometimes I can't decide if what I like about their music outweighs what annoys me about it.

KazigluBey said:
Listening to the new Vader album.

How is it?

Anyway, new Megadeth album is all on myspace:

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=2678359&albumid=13511399

This should really be a more prominent feature of this thread since so many artists are doing this now, YOU listen too! Anyway, I just gave it a first full listen while posting this morning, so it's all kind of running together, but the chorus of Bite the Hand is good for Guts. :beast:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
宮本 グリフィス said:
Muse is one of those bands where sometimes I can't decide if what I like about their music outweighs what annoys me about it.
My Muse impression: "ForehhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHver" :ganishka:

The lead singer's whiny singing voice just ruins everything for me. Especially when he goes into one of his elongated, nasal rants, as demonstrated above.

Griffith

Walter said:
My Muse impression: "ForehhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHver" :ganishka:

The lead singer's whiny singing voice just ruins everything for me. Especially when he goes into one of his elongated, nasal rants, as demonstrated above.

skinneronnose.jpg

Thank you.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Just bought my first Beatles albums, I knew about the older pop Beatles songs, but not so much their later stuff, so I got my hands on , Abbey Road, The White Album, Let it be , and Sgt. Peppers. I'm so glad i got to hear these albums in their new remastered versions, i love 'em all

Oburi

All praise Grail
Slime_Beherit said:
Just bought my first Beatles albums, I knew about the older pop Beatles songs, but not so much their later stuff, so I got my hands on , Abbey Road, The White Album, Let it be , and Sgt. Peppers. I'm so glad i got to hear these albums in their new remastered versions, i love 'em all

Can't go wrong with the Beatles buddy, enjoy :serpico:

yesmilord

千年王国
Not particularly impressed by the new Muse CD. It has a lot of experimental stuff, which I am all for, but this time it was just way out of their vein. I did like the 3-part Exo-Genesis symphony though. Their previous four albums are all much better, Absolution being my favorite.

Have been listening to some splendid stuff from Italy lately. Melodic death metal band Disarmonia Mundi (apparently a side project to Soilwork for those of you who know them) and darkwave project Frozen Autumn. Both are excellent and proof that there’s more to Italy than Ennio Morricone and Eros Ramazzotti.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Lots of new music coming out now. New Flaming Lips album is going to be awesome.

albumcoverflaminglips.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDQ9eAuYCI

New Built to Spill

albumcoverbuilttospill.jpg

and for the rockers...

New Say Anything album

albumcoversayanything.jpg

and new Saosin

albumcoversaosin.jpg

though I believe the Saosin is going to suck horribly :judo:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
41PKYCBNVVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Saw them on the Tonight Show earlier this week and loved what I heard. I plan on checking out the documentary, as well. Good stuff. :guts:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
グリフィス said:

How is it?

Anyway, new Megadeth album is all on myspace:

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=2678359&albumid=13511399

This should really be a more prominent feature of this thread since so many artists are doing this now, YOU listen too! Anyway, I just gave it a first full listen while posting this morning, so it's all kind of running together, but the chorus of Bite the Hand is good for Guts. :beast:

Necropolis is pretty typical of what Vader puts out. Some good songs and some filler. There are two cover tracks at the end. One is Venom's Black metal (which has been done to death) and Metallica's Fight fire with fire. The Metallica cover is decent.

Listening to Dim Mak's album Knives of Ice currently.

Rhombaad said:
Saw them on the Tonight Show earlier this week and loved what I heard. I plan on checking out the documentary, as well. Good stuff. :guts:

Never could get into them.

yesmilord

千年王国
If anyone watches anime here, the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OST came out yesterday.

It is by far one of the best OSTs I've ever heard. Note that I say OSTs period, not just anime OSTs. Akira Senju is an amazing composer, and I have a feeling that everyone will remember these beautifully haunting tracks.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
yesmilord said:
If anyone watches anime here, the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OST came out yesterday.

It is by far one of the best OSTs I've ever heard. Note that I say OSTs period, not just anime OSTs. Akira Senju is an amazing composer, and I have a feeling that everyone will remember these beautifully haunting tracks.

Awesome! I'm loving the show so far and the music is beautiful. :serpico:

Top Bottom