What are you listening to? (general music thread)

Oburi

All praise Grail
flightoftheconchordsitot.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Gobolatula said:
Oburi, is that new FotC CD all-new studio recordings or are they just the same versions they used in the TV show?

They seem like the same exact same thing for the most part, but i did notice a few changes in songs and in the lyrics, usually little things that would make more sense and wouldn't work as well as it did in the show. Same as the last album, just a few changes that make better sense lyrically or more effects on some songs to help them flow better but if you haven't watch the show religiously like I have you would never notice.

Oburi said:

Love them but the 2nd season was lacking. I dl'd a fake album (a rip from the tv series) which I find myself listening to more often than the one that was just released.

Me though, I'm loving this:
300px-Album.darkcrystal-cd.jpg

2 disc special edition.
Had to dl'd it as I saw it on sale for $150. :(

If you even like fantasy, this album is just such a wonderful listen. Nostalgia level is through the roof.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I agree with you proj, but this album does have some of the best songs imo. Hurt Feelings, We're both in love with a sexy Lady, Too many Dicks on the Dance Floor, and Carol Brown are some of the best songs they ever made :guts:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Proj2501 said:
Me though, I'm loving this:
300px-Album.darkcrystal-cd.jpg

2 disc special edition.
Had to dl'd it as I saw it on sale for $150. :(

If you even like fantasy, this album is just such a wonderful listen. Nostalgia level is through the roof.

Dark Crystal :praise: (yep, a praise gif is needed)

Currently listening to:

The Devin Townsend Project - Addicted

Katatonia - Night is the New Day

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I've been feeling very depressed and angsty lately so what better album than...

NINDownwardSpiralSACD.jpg

The 2 disc special edition of Downward Spiral comes with a lot of unreleased stuff to further make you miserable, a very smart purchase!

And I also beg all of you to check out Front Line Assembly's Tactical Neural Implant, still my favorite industrial album of all time. Very Sci-Fi themed, lots of Terminator, Robocop, and Alien samples if you got a keen ear. I recommend this album so much if I had some sort of income right now I'd buy it for the first person that PM'd me. When I get a job I'll live up to my offer.

Be sure to check out my favorite track, Bio-Mechanic. It's a wonderful song.
alb_153125_big.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ok Rakshas I'll check out Front Line Assembly's Tactical Neural Implant, but if your feeling down, why not check Modest Mouse's This is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing too Think About, the original emo album.

handsome rakshas said:
I've been feeling very depressed and angsty lately so what better album than...

NINDownwardSpiralSACD.jpg

The 2 disc special edition of Downward Spiral comes with a lot of unreleased stuff to further make you miserable, a very smart purchase!

This one is a true classic, I love it too, just for "Hurt"...

The Beast of Darkness said:
This one is a true classic, I love it too, just for "Hurt"...
Fuck yes!
I was driving into NYC for the marathon listening to The Great Below, Head Like a Hole and Discipline. I <3 NiN

handsome rakshas said:
And I also beg all of you to check out Front Line Assembly's Tactical Neural Implant, still my favorite industrial album of all time. Very Sci-Fi themed, lots of Terminator, Robocop, and Alien samples if you got a keen ear. I recommend this album so much if I had some sort of income right now I'd buy it for the first person that PM'd me. When I get a job I'll live up to my offer.

Be sure to check out my favorite track, Bio-Mechanic. It's a wonderful song.

I've been a fan of the industrial scene for several years and FLA was one of the first bands I got into along with Skinny Puppy and industrial rock bands like Ministry, Nine Inch Nails etc. Not sure how controversial it is, but I prefer their newer output over their older albums. Lately I've been listening to Flavor of the Weak, which was the album where they started to experiment with drum'n bass- beats and more electronic sounds. The opening track - "Corruption" - is my all-time favorite song by them. Then I heard Millennium which, unfortunately is clearly their weakest album. Totally failed attempt to make industrial metal. :judo:

BTW: My favorite track on Tactical N.I. is "Gun".

My friend is really into industrial, and I remember Flavor of the Weak being so amazing. Can't believe I never got that album...must go find it.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
D-Scape said:
I've been a fan of the industrial scene for several years and FLA was one of the first bands I got into along with Skinny Puppy and industrial rock bands like Ministry, Nine Inch Nails etc. Not sure how controversial it is, but I prefer their newer output over their older albums. Lately I've been listening to Flavor of the Weak, which was the album where they started to experiment with drum'n bass- beats and more electronic sounds. The opening track - "Corruption" - is my all-time favorite song by them. Then I heard Millennium which, unfortunately is clearly their weakest album. Totally failed attempt to make industrial metal. :judo:

BTW: My favorite track on Tactical N.I. is "Gun".

Gun is an amazing track! When I seen them live everyone in the front row was pounding their fist to the opening drum beat, we almost brought the stage down. And speaking of Skinny Puppy, they played here last night and I missed them! Wow, I'm the opposite of you, I LOVE Millenium (Liquid Seperation and Surface Patterns!) and can't stand Flavor of the Weak. I will admit I do pop it in from time to time to hear the first track. Good to see someone else on here who has great taste in music, cheers to you!

Listening to some of my favorite c64 tracks:
Reyn Ouwehand - Primary Star
Thomas Bendt - Horizon
Stefan Uram - Solomatic Fly
and downloading the theme to Delta by Rob Hubbard! :D
These get my psyched beyond anything!

Oburi

All praise Grail
YEa from waht little Tom Waits I've heard I have loved, but I never really got into him either. He has such a large catalog i guess im just not sure where to begin. I loved him Down By Law though, and the songs he did for the film were amazing.

Top Bottom