The Dark Tower

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'll play devil's advocate: I already bothered to read the first 3,000 words, I might as well read a few hundred more. I'm more receptive to this than I would be most things because it's not like the series was already perfect or anything, this isn't going to ruin it any more than books 5, 6, and the first 3/4th's of 7 already did (and 2, 3, and 4 are mixed bags of varying degrees as well, that's what this series is). Hopefully, because this isn't purporting to be something of epic proportions, it'll actually just be a decent unto itself. I enjoyed The Little Sisters of Eluria more than most things in the series. Then again, maybe that's because it was completely separated from the rest of the story, and Roland's tenure as dinh of his ka-tet we're supposed going to share at-tet with again and all the other garbage forced into the latter part of the series, thankee sai ka-mai!

On second thought... yeah, nevermind.

Not sure if this's the right place for the post, Admins please move if needed?

The Dark Tower movie moves forward with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey

After years of trying to get an adaptation of Stephen King's prolific Dark Tower series made, the franchise is finally moving forward with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey confirmed to star.

The author tweeted out the details this morning, and Entertainment Weekly confirmed that Elba would be playing the gunslinger, while McConaughey would portray the infamous man in black.

Director Nikolaj Arcel — best known for his script work on the Swedish thriller The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo — told the magazine he has plans to start shooting in seven weeks.

The Dark Tower has been tentatively set to be released Jan. 13, 2017.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
I'm all about diversity, but I really feel like this is a bad move as far as casting for Roland goes.

Yeah, considering the character is essentially a fantasy version of Clint Eastwood's man without a name. Oh well.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I'm warming up to it. I think Idris Elba could be a good match. The biggest issue is the racial tension that will be lost between Roland and Detta. I'm remaining cautious, of course.

Top Bottom