Age of Conan

S

smoke

Anybody planning on playing/checking out Age of Conan?

I've been pretty burnt out on WoW for about the last five months and am looking for some new kind of online world to immerse myself in (at the expense of school/work). I'm thinking this doodad is looking pretty good. Warhammer Online looks like a WoW clone with a few tweaks, whereas AoC seems like a pretty innovative concept.

To check out this crazy game, go here: http://community.ageofconan.com

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm playing in the open beta, though I wasn't in time to try the massive level 20 PvP fest. The game's nice, for what I have seen. Not mind-blowing, but pretty cool nonetheless. I've experienced my fair share of bugs of course, but overall it's running fine (no slow downs, no lag, no stalling, no crashes, no zoning delays). The Conan universe definitely adds a unique flavor to it, but we'll have to see if that holds up once you're out of Tortage.

I've played in the PvP beta weekend and it was awesome, so much so I pre-ordered the game. We also got to experience Tortage.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
I'm playing in the open beta, though I wasn't in time to try the massive level 20 PvP fest. The game's nice, for what I have seen. Not mind-blowing, but pretty cool nonetheless. I've experienced my fair share of bugs of course, but overall it's running fine (no slow downs, no lag, no stalling, no crashes, no zoning delays). The Conan universe definitely adds a unique flavor to it, but we'll have to see if that holds up once you're out of Tortage.
SO uh Aaz, what's your character name? Maybe we can "chat" a bit. :ganishka:

I have my pre-order, its game time bitches!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
SO uh Aaz, what's your character name? Maybe we can "chat" a bit. :ganishka:

I have my pre-order, its game time bitches!

What do you think? I'll be Aazealh. :badbone:

S

smoke

I'm probably going to roll a Herald of Xotli, name him Osahar, which some shitty website tells me is an Egyptian name meaning "God hears me".

I thought it was a neat idea.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
smoke said:
I'm probably going to roll a Herald of Xotli, name him Osahar, which some shitty website tells me is an Egyptian name meaning "God hears me".

I thought it was a neat idea.

Sounds good to me. I like that class too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I upgraded my computer just for this game.

I was going to pick a HoX, but then I realized it's a spell-based class. No thanks. This is Hyboria, people! I'm still between classes at the moment... It's between a Dark Templar, but that's what Aaz is already, A Conqueror, which is probably what I'll end up picking, and a Barbarian.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I pre-ordered about 2 weeks ago. I'll be playing on one of the PvP servers. I am mostly looking forward to the Sieges. They were fun in Lineage 2 and AoC looks even better in that regard.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I think this will really help promote skill for the fact that there is friendly fire in the game. I'm going to be a Ranger myself... have a few friends from my former work place that are going to be joining me when we start together... a ManBearPig Shaman and possibly a Priest of Set. Can't wait! :guts:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I have to say, I quit playing MMPORG games and such at the wrong time I guess. Otherwise I'd be bashing crap left and right with you guys :judo: Anywho, I never really checked the game itself out, but I have to say the engine and potential are pretty good. Have fun you guys!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
I have to say, I quit playing MMPORG games and such at the wrong time I guess.

It's more like you started at the wrong time. :carcus: Don't feel too bad though, with the way servers are divided we wouldn't have been able to play together (US-only, EU-only).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
It's more like you started at the wrong time. :carcus: Don't feel too bad though, with the way servers are divided we wouldn't have been able to play together (US-only, EU-only).
And this is a huge boner for me...

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
And this is a huge boner for me...
Heh, if you truly are considering playing this game seriously Wally, make sure you prep your newly wife for this... Trust me, it can get ugly :beast:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Heh, if you truly are considering playing this game seriously Wally, make sure you prep your newly wife for this... Trust me, it can get ugly :beast:
Oh Im well aware of the dangers of the MMO. Im extremely anxious about playing this, given that recently I haven't had much or any time to play games. But damnit, it's CONAN! Ill find time, even if I have to cut into my sleeping schedule a bit.

Still haven't decided on a class, but Conqueror and Guardian are looking better and better for my playing style.

CnC

Ad Oculos
If I were to actually play this game it would be at least 6 months-1 year after its release. That way most of the kinks would be worked out (kinks that are already affecting people's performance). :void:

S

smoke

CnC said:
If I were to actually play this game it would be at least 6 months-1 year after its release. That way most of the kinks would be worked out (kinks that are already affecting people's performance). :void:

But then you'll be a noob who doesn't even know about the early glitches of the game. Like the inexplicable Rodney Dangerfield NPC in Tortage.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
And you'll be suffering all the thousands of gankers if you choose to play PvP. That's the biggest deterrant I can think of.

CnC

Ad Oculos
There's always going to be some kid somewhere who gets off on calling others 'noobs', or claims superiority because they've played the game since beta. And whether it be one high level who gets off on killing lower level players or a group of lower levels that gank you when you first start, that shit is to be expected whenever you start playing a MMO. That doesn't bother me nearly as much as crippling lag/bugs that happen in the first few months of a MMO launch.

Besides, I just started WoW like a month or two ago. Barely scratched the surface of that so I don't see a really good reason to switch just yet. :troll:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
And you'll be suffering all the thousands of gankers if you choose to play PvP. That's the biggest deterrant I can think of.
Why don't you roll with the Goons? Goonheim will be glorious! Either that or just mooch off of their name and money! Regardless its all the same! :guts:

I'm going to be a ganker, I will admit it, but at least I will be classy. I won't spit or any of that crap. Maybe a hug or a pat. :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to be a ganker, I will admit it, but at least I will be classy. I won't spit or any of that crap. Maybe a hug or a pat. :troll:

Here's to hoping you find some real PvPers on your server that'll teach your WoW-bred ass how it's done. :carcus:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
Here's to hoping you find some real PvPers on your server that'll teach your WoW-bred ass how it's done. :carcus:
Oh come on now, I think I will be able to handle my own, at least until I come into contact with them level 80 fellas that played through beta and are already bored. Then I may break a few keyboards. Anyways, I just need to play something new! I hope Conan can satisfy this itch! :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Anyways, I just need to play something new! I hope Conan can satisfy this itch! :zodd:

From what I've seen/read/played it seems to be good enough. Not a revolution of the genre, but it's fresh enough to make me think it'll maintain me satisfied for a while. I like the concept of active gameplay as opposed to auto-attacking, I like the return to a more open-minded PvP compared to the current trend in MMOs, and of course I love the Conan mythos and universe. Like I said earlier, the only unknown as far as I'm concerned is the mid-to-high-game content and class balance.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Server Names!

US Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
• Set
• Dagoth
• Zug
• Omm
• Derketo
• Thog
• Wiccana
• Gwahlur (recommended Oceanic)
• Anu

PvP Servers
• Tyranny
• Bane
• Deathwisper
• Bloodspire (recommended Oceanic)
• Doomsayer

RP-PvP Server
• Cimmeria

European English Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
• Crom
• Dagon
• Ymir
• Bori
• Astoreth

PvP Servers
• Fury
• Wildsoul

RP-PvP Server
• Aquilonia

French Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Server
• Ishtar

PvP Server
• Ferox

RP-PvP Server
• Stygia

German Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
• Mitra
• Asura

PvP Server
• Aries

RP-PvP Server
• Asgard

Spanish Server (Early Access 17th of May)

• Zingara (PvE)

Top Bottom