Age of Conan

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well i got the game and im already level 14 (Hit that this morning before work(. So far I like this game alot. Here are a few pro-tips for those that are rangers.

1. When trying to find people to gank and you use your tracking, it will track them even if they are invisible with their stealth.

2. Go into your stealth and fire in their general direction, you will bring them out of your stealth with your mezz shot, begin to love them tenderly (rape them) to your hearts content.

I scared off a level 17 last night with that technique. It was pretty funny.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
I scared off a level 17 last night with that technique. It was pretty funny.

You were lucky, because he probably could have destroyed you. :guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
You were lucky, because he probably could have destroyed you. :guts:
Well the second time we meet I did my mez shot to bring him out of stealth. Regardless though, I am enjoying myself. How goes it on your end on the EU servers Aaz?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Regardless though, I am enjoying myself. How goes it on your end on the EU servers Aaz?

Well I'm doing fine, waiting for my friends that didn't get into the Early Access program to catch up with me. I received my retail box (Collector's Edition :badbone:) today and it's pretty cool. I like my class, and I do a lot of quests since there's a ton of them. Too bad we can't all be on the same server, we could have made a guild called the "Knights of the Skull" or something. :void:

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I started on the first day of early access. Game ran about perfectly with only 1 crash in 12 hours. The framerate was 50 something on max settings (4xAA though). I was using a barbarian which worked pretty well for PvP. I killed roughly half the people who tried to gank me, even one guy 5 levels ahead, and beheaded a few in the process. Had I been ambushing people I could have scored a lot of kills.

I leveled up to 20 in my first sitting, then decided to return the game since mine is still unopened. When I finished I had a killer headache and realized I wouldn't accomplish anything all summer if I keep it. My projects are coming along nicely now though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Serpico said:
I leveled up to 20 in my first sitting,
Wow. My Conqueror is level 20 now, and Ive been playing it for a week. Of course, Ive probably only invested about 8 hours total in the game. My job doesn't allow me to hardcore it through 20 levels in one sitting unfortunately.

In fact, since I hit 20 on Friday, I haven't had a chance to play the game. And now the servers are down for maintenance. I dont know about Euro servers, but the US maintenance days appear to be like WoW's, on Tuesday mornings.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What server is everyone on? Im on Deathwisper currently, but I may switch over to another soon.

S

smoke

I jumped on Bluesteel. No real reason, just an easy to remember, easy to pronounce server so I could wrangle my friends on more easily.

I am on the 'Thog' server. Easy to remember. I have 3 characters, but my level 11 Guardian is my favorite. I's pretty fun, but I don't have as much time to put into as I would like. :troll:

- C

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Walter said:
Wow. My Conqueror is level 20 now, and Ive been playing it for a week. Of course, Ive probably only invested about 8 hours total in the game. My job doesn't allow me to hardcore it through 20 levels in one sitting unfortunately.

Heh, yeah I don't really recommend it either. I felt my real life health drop 20 points by the time I was done. I have poor self control when I get into MMO games, and while I have the summer off, I wanted to finish a 2D engine and game, then move on to 3D before school starts again.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The amount of ganking going on my server is really atrocious. Id say about 1/4 of everytime you pass someone, theyll attempt to gank you. Ive grouped to lower this and try to help defend people, but I swear im the only good-natured soul in all of Hyboria.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've been testing different feats recently, and I'm going to up the ante tonight and heavily log and parse different builds. I'm mostly hesitating between two different mid-level feats, and I prefer to make my choice now while it's cheap to revamp than later when it'll cost me 5G or more. :void:

Walter said:
The amount of ganking going on my server is really atrocious. Id say about 1/4 of everytime you pass someone, theyll attempt to gank you. Ive grouped to lower this and try to help defend people, but I swear im the only good-natured soul in all of Hyboria.

Hmm, got in a guild yet? And as a tank, I recommend you to max out your run speed and endurance skills. Stay in defensive stance too. When the gankers come and if you feel they'll overwhelm you, take a sprint for the nearest body of water. Keep potions ready to use too. That should help I think.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Hmm, got in a guild yet? And as a tank, I recommend you to max out your run speed and endurance skills. Stay in defensive stance too. When the gankers come and if you feel they'll overwhelm you, take a sprint for the nearest body of water. Keep potions ready to use too. That should help I think.

They were making fun of this sort of thing on GFW Radio the other day. Apparently you can't be attacked when you're in the water (even by alligators?) They described the rush to the water to avoid gankers like some kind of reverse "Jaws" scenario. Quite funny to listen to.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
They were making fun of this sort of thing on GFW Radio the other day. Apparently you can't be attacked when you're in the water (even by alligators?) They described the rush to the water to avoid gankers like some kind of reverse "Jaws" scenario. Quite funny to listen to.

It's only melee attacks, and I find it logical honestly (I mean, do you think you could strike at someone with a sword while swimming?). Ranged attacks and spells work as far as I know, but of course if you move away after a while you'll be okay. Other than that, I know of at least one instance of swimming mobs, but generally they don't follow you into the water either.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Says the guy who finds logic in hiding from alligators underwater? :troll:

Croc2.jpg

Aaz ain't 'fraid of no croc.​

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Says the guy who finds logic in hiding from alligators underwater? :troll:

Well I didn't talk about alligators, now did I? I was talking about how to escape other players. In any case, you're wrong. :)

S

smoke

Enough petty bickering!

COCK.jpg

hitting for 450 at level 13's not bad, right? :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus man, that's ludicrous. Im level 23 and I do on average 80 damage per attack. Crit for ~180.

Top Bottom