did anyone else get the BERSERK dvd yesterday??

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Re: did anyone else get the BERSERK dvd yesterday?

it came out yesterday? then how come i've seen in an anime shop at vienna a few days ago?

it couldn't be the dvd was released in europe before it was released in the u.s. could it?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

for me to wonder and some else to answer. :p
The actual release was the 28th, but I dont get mine until June 2nd or something.... thanks amazon.com!

I got it last week. It's been out in some stores since last week.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

I have to wait awhile longer! I cannot wait. It won't be coming out in the shop in the UK.. typical :-X

as far as i know, my town sucks. "Berserk...?! What the hell's that?!"

D

Drachenfels

I just downloaded the dvd-ripp on the donkey...

BOB

poruno sutâ

prepare for some bashing ;D

Serious how is the DVD quality since the amazon reviews sound very much like "wow and it's even better than DBZ!!".
Any comments?

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....

The dubbing is really weird if you listen to the japanese version first. But overall, the dvd rocks.....I love seeing non-fansub quality Berserk.

'The blood is actually RED!!!'

Stuntman-Jack

For Darts screach by my desires!

I got mine with the box, and that in and of itself is pretty dang cool. looks Great next to the R2 version. I have to say though, that the dub is definately wierd, but at least they actually got balls and left the swearing and what-not in there. Let's just hope that they keep it that way...

The extras are nothing to shout about, the out takes are horid, but the video quality and sound quality of the Japanese Dub is awesome. And the cool red DVD case is cool too!!

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

I thought the outtakes were pretty funny actually.

The dub was alright, but the sub was better.

As for the language, unles they try to edit out the eclipse, I doubt they're too concerned about the word "shit." ;)

I'm just glad they didn't go the fansubber route and insert random cursing everywhere. Some fansubs reach the point of hilarity withall the swearing they put in. ::)

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

I was dreading to hear the english VA's. Now that I heard the english dub, I wish they would have hired the english VA's from the DC game. Also it seems to me that the VA they chose for Griffith doesnt fit and kinda sounds dumb at times. Thats my take.

I'm used to listening to Japanese VA's and I like them very much but I sorta got used to the english VA who voiced for Gutts in the game, but thats only because the game is how I got introduced to Berserk. oh well.... :-/

OH yeah!! Shit, I'm just glad were gonna get the anime!!!

BOB

poruno sutâ

I sorta got used to the english VA who voiced for Gutts in the game, but thats only because the game is how I got introduced to Berserk. oh well.... :-/

That line where Guts is shocked and says "Where's Casca?"
sounded so much stallone like to me :D
... but the rest was actually very good i think

but at least they actually got balls and left the swearing and what-not in there.  Let's just hope that they keep it that way...

uhh...cursing in dubs isnt all that extraordinary... :-/

Top Bottom