Episode 296

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I take it this will be one of the mini-posters included in volume 33. Looks pretty cool, but I wish the scan were better (not showing the canvas that much).

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Quite coincidentally Ganishka looks like Ego the living planet. Or at least that's what he reminds me off in that picture.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Quite coincidentally Ganishka looks like Ego the living planet. Or at least that's what he reminds me off in that picture.

I think that's the giant blue face/beard effect.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
So Miura paints on an actual canvas, I wonder how big they are and if they're for sale?

You only notice now? He's always painted on canvas. And the originals are not for sale.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
He keeps them all over his mansion to remind him of his giant burden that weighs down on him and makes us all feel awesome.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Is this the first time one of Miura's paintings has been used as a preview? It looks pretty cool. :guts:

Aazealh said:
And the originals are not for sale.

I guess he keeps them around so he can make prints from them then. I paint on canvas and sell my paintings sometimes. I see no other reason why an artist would keep every original he's done.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Is this the first time one of Miura's paintings has been used as a preview? It looks pretty cool. :guts:

Nope, there have been color pages used before, and they're all painted on canvas.

A.C said:
I guess he keeps them around so he can make prints from them then. I paint on canvas and sell my paintings sometimes. I see no other reason why an artist would keep every original he's done.

Because they have a sentimental value to him? Or just because he doesn't want to? I'm sorry but I don't think your perspective on this as an amateur painter is very relevant. All that matters is that they're not for sale, just like the original manga pages aren't.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Great preview. And this puts to rest what everyone mostly knew already: this will be a continuation of the Wyndham battle, not a cut back to Guts' party. It's good to see another color one. When Miura uses paintings for previews, they seem to only appear during crucial moments. The last one I can remember is when Griffith was reincarnated in Ep 175 (though I have a terrible memory).

Anyway, it's nice of Miura to give us his DEFINITIVE color choice of the Ganishka infestation.

A

avidwriter

Damn walter you changed your post just as I quoted you. I was going to say its probably darker because of shadow. Being so huge this "picture" probably taking place on the darker half.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
avidwriter said:
Damn walter you changed your post just as I quoted you. I was going to say its probably darker because of shadow. Being so huge this "picture" probably taking place on the darker half.
Well, I changed it because it was just a lame observation of mine (id posted that the painting appears to be at night). Not even worth discussing, really. Previews like these don't necessarily have to correspond to a particular time.

Great preview ... I only hope that Ganishka 'll not be defeated at all ... otherwise ... who'll remain "in the city" to fight against Griffith?

:ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
When Miura uses paintings for previews, they seem to only appear during crucial moments. The last one I can remember is when Griffith was reincarnated in Ep 175 (though I have a terrible memory).

Episode 286 is the latest.

estella said:
I only hope that Ganishka 'll not be defeated at all ... otherwise ... who'll remain "in the city" to fight against Griffith?

You're assuming a city remains, which at the moment doesn't seem likely at all to me. :ganishka:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
This has been brought up in other episode threads before, but I can't help bringing it up again given the title of this one. Will Griffith literally summon a storm to defeat Ganishka and let Mother Nature in all her fury do the work, or will a storm arrive much like the wind that blew Ganishka's fog form away during their earlier confrontation (whether or not Griffith summoned the wind or not is still unclear), or is the children's dream going to come true in a different fashion?

All I know is that Miura is going to have a 4-5 month release schedule from this point out with no breaks.
(fingers crossed)

I'm an "artist" myself and every other illustrators I know would keep their painting for themselves if they could like Aaz said you have a "sentimental" link with your work so...Btw does anyone know if and where can we buy good reproduction of Miura's painting does something like an artbook exist wich contain his painting?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mad Angel Loki said:
Btw does anyone know if and where can we buy good reproduction of Miura's painting does something like an artbook exist wich contain his painting?
There are a few artbooks available. But nothing from recent times, which is pretty depressing given the number of awesome pieces he's done, evidenced by the inside cover of each new volume.

http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/merchandise/artbooks/index.html

Mad Angel Loki said:
I'm an "artist" myself and every other illustrators I know would keep their painting for themselves if they could like Aaz said you have a "sentimental" link with your work so...

Yes I know, but artists and illustrators need to make a living and I haven't heard of many that are wealthy enough to keep their originals, which is why I am curious. But I promised Aaz I wouldn't keep this discussion going so I'll leave it there.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
This has been brought up in other episode threads before, but I can't help bringing it up again given the title of this one. Will Griffith literally summon a storm to defeat Ganishka and let Mother Nature in all her fury do the work, or will a storm arrive much like the wind that blew Ganishka's fog form away during their earlier confrontation (whether or not Griffith summoned the wind or not is still unclear), or is the children's dream going to come true in a different fashion?

Well I don't think wind would do the trick this time. And neither would lightning as far as I can tell (considering Ganishka's humongous size). Maybe the title refers to Ganishka himself, summoning thunder like never before? Maybe he could unleash it on Griffith's army. :ganishka:

Mad Angel Loki said:
Btw does anyone know if and where can we buy good reproduction of Miura's painting does something like an artbook exist wich contain his painting?

Reproductions of the art from some volume covers have been issued (volume 22, 23, 25 and 26), but they're quite rare and relatively expensive. But like it's been said, this isn't the thread to discuss it.

A.C said:
Yes I know, but artists and illustrators need to make a living and I haven't heard of many that are wealthy enough to keep their originals, which is why I am curious.

I wouldn't worry too much about Miura's financial situation if I were you.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I might be twelve hours late, but I'm here on time!

Really nice to hear the battle will continue. I don't really expect anything incredible to happen just yet. Ganishzilla still hasn't even moved. I think this episode will just demonstrate whatever power he's gained.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
I might be twelve hours late, but I'm here on time!

Really nice to hear the battle will continue. I don't really expect anything incredible to happen just yet. Ganishzilla still hasn't even moved. I think this episode will just demonstrate whatever power he's gained.
I really don't think he's going to move significantly, personally. That's just the impression I got from the final panel in 295 though. It appears like he's expanding out from the center of the Tower of Rebirth.

Still, it's a giant blob of Hell. Anything could happen.

Top Bottom