Episode 296

Thx for the preview, Uriel. As always I'm really looking forward to reading the next episode. :guts:
Judging from the title we will probably see Ganishka demonstrate his new abilities .. maybe even a mic performance (minus the mic). However.. somehow I don't think hes actually gonna do a lot of damage to Griffith or his army.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ramen4ever said:
somehow I don't think hes actually gonna do a lot of damage to Griffith or his army.

Well, Maybe not to Griffith, but if he attacks the Neo Falcons, I doubt they'll escape without any casualties.

Thanks for posting the preview Uriel, i suppose we are going to see Griffith using his power in front of everybody in order to beat Ganishka and cement his "messiah" status.

Walter said:
.... the center of the Tower of Rebirth.

I forget was the tower called 'Tower of Rebirth' from before Ganishka decided to get reborn.

Great preview to a much anticipated episode. I like the sullen pose on the Gargoyle, almost as if its given up on the imminent destruction to follow soon or may be as it is getting ready to view the battle from far above.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
I forget was the tower called 'Tower of Rebirth' from before Ganishka decided to get reborn.

The name's quite old (probably a thousand years old) and has nothing to do with Ganishka. I'm not sure how we should qualify what he just did either, but "rebirth" doesn't seem to be a fitting term to me.

Aazealh said:
but "rebirth" doesn't seem to be a fitting term to me.

My vote goes for transformation. Evolution just doesn't sound right and he didn't have a rebirth because to be born again you need to die or transfer to a different plane of existence first.

Ramen4ever said:
My vote goes for transformation. Evolution just doesn't sound right and he didn't have a rebirth because to be born again you need to die or transfer to a different plane of existence first.

Transformation is okay too but wouldn't you say that he just transfered to a different plane of existence? May be that is yet to be determined but if that is not the case then he is just really huge (and poses only as much more danger as say a truck does compared to a car) :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
Transformation is okay too but wouldn't you say that he just transfered to a different plane of existence?
No, but I don't really think we can say anything with any certainty about what happened with Ganishka or what he can be classified as, right now.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
A.C said:
Yes I know, but artists and illustrators need to make a living and I haven't heard of many that are wealthy enough to keep their originals, which is why I am curious. But I promised Aaz I wouldn't keep this discussion going so I'll leave it there.

I'm pretty sure Miura does a best selling comic series on the side.

No seriously, did you really think this post through?

X

Xem

Rhombaad said:
Well, Maybe not to Griffith, but if he attacks the Neo Falcons, I doubt they'll escape without any casualties.

My sentiments exactly.

For the pure sake of speculation, I'd actually be willing to bet that there will be quite a few casualties, possibly even one of the more established apostles in his crew. Grunbeld maybe? He's the only one (aside from Zodd), who's had his turn at exchanging blows with Guts.

FRS said:
i suppose we are going to see Griffith using his power in front of everybody in order to beat Ganishka and cement his "messiah" status.

At first I was hesitant to think Griffith would be willing to display his otherworldly abilities before the people whom he's trying to win over, but honestly at this point I think people are ready for it... besides, like you said, it could very easily reinforce a 'saviour' image. Just like moses parting the sea, it could help convince people he is 'God's will' or something along those lines.

Deci said:
possibly even one of the more established apostles in his crew.

Imo, this is unlikely. The more likely scenario is that we get a demonstration of Ganishka's power.. mostly his own soldiers will die, maybe a few no-name apostles. But judging from the previous episode, most of the ones present know full well that they are no match for Ganishka. So they will let Griffith do his thing and stay the hell out of the way. The ones that fail to do this will get fried, disintegrated, crushed or fall victim to whatever new abilities Ganishka might have.
The only way I see any of the key apostles dieing is if they get ordered to fight or if they sacrifice themselves to protect Griffith.

Walter said:
with Ganishka or what he can be classified as, right now.

Hes classified as Ganishka V2.0 supersized deluxe edition.

What does the scouter read? :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
But judging from the previous episode, most of the ones present know full well that they are no match for Ganishka. So they will let Griffith do his thing and stay the hell out of the way. The ones that fail to do this will get fried, disintegrated, crushed or fall victim to whatever new abilities Ganishka might have.
The only way I see any of the key apostles dieing is if they get ordered to fight or if they sacrifice themselves to protect Griffith.

Honestly, they seem too far from him to be physically crushed or anything like that. And I don't think they'd be able to protect Griffith, or even to do anything meaningful at all.

It occurs to me, that, unless Ganishka is mobile, which is something we don't have enough information yet to decide, the easiest way to 'defeat' him would be to simply ignore him and not go near him. If he can't move from where he is, he's basically just a big tree. A big, angry, demonic hell-tree, but still, easy enough to avoid if you just, y'know, avoid him.

spoiler pics

160ddza.jpg

In the third panel from top doesn't it seem that the people on horses are running away?

BTW Ganishka seems very mobile :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
In the third panel from top doesn't it seem that the people on horses are running away?
I don't think so. They look to be in the same spot we left them, still facing Ganishka's noodly appendiges.

BTW Ganishka seems very mobile :)
In the last two shots, yeah it appears he's spliced his lower blobness into a pair of legs... which leads me to believe the outpouring from the Daka Incubator has ceased?

Shadow of The Ganishka.
I don't think I've ever seen something that BIG in a manga before. Can anyone think of a bigger creature whether from a movie or a comic?

Thanks for the spoiler pics L41n

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I don't think I've ever seen something that BIG in a manga before. Can anyone think of a bigger creature whether from a movie or a comic?

Well aside from Galactus and his brethren I can't think of any. And then again, they're often represented as being of a more normal size.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
The Men In Black ending sequence :ganishka:

Top Bottom