Episode 296

A

avidwriter

Damn I'm surprised he can walk. I thought he would be immobile. Can't wait till June 13th.

Griffith No More! said:
Ganishka isn't dismissed as quickly as he's been revitalized, I need more destruction first. =)

Yeah I agree. Unfortunately I think the destruction will only continue for a few episodes, then Griffith will take him down in one swift blow.

We should start a bet system. When will Ganishka go down?
I place 5 posts counts on 3 episodes from now. :SK:

pippin22 said:
Seeing it walk is hilarious. I wonder how long it would take him to sprint around the world.

The real question is what happens once he builds enough momentum. And is he just taking small steps or is there the possibility that he can even run. :isidro:

Edit***
Is it just me or does he look like tentacle jesus on page 11-12?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
Don't forget the Beherit actually gets in on the comedy act, mow that was funny

Yeah, I was actually missing those moments. :guts:

Ramen4ever said:
Unfortunately I think the destruction will only continue for a few episodes, then Griffith will take him down in one swift blow.

I'm not sure about that. You have to keep in mind that currently nothing can stop him other than the super move Griffith will pull, so if he keeps rampaging for several episodes, it's going to either be disastrous for the Holy See alliance or quite boring because he'll simply trample the empty city and the surrounding trees. So taking this into account, I think the tension will build up next episode, and the "miracle" will happen at the end of 297/beginning of 298.

Damn, Ganishka's head is literally in the clouds...his vision is actually obscured

I wonder if Guts is cognizant there's a difference in what's causing the Beherit's reaction this time around...or what Schierke thinks is going on.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Something small but worth noticing is Casca hanging out casually with Guts. Kind of nice to see them in close proximity without her being clearly uncomfortable or making a face at him or something.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Griffith No More! said:
Something small but worth noticing is Casca hanging out casually with Guts. Kind of nice to see them in close proximity without her being clearly uncomfortable or making a face at him or something.

That's true, I didn't catch that.  I wonder if it's due to him diving in to save her.  That's the kind of thing that made her comfortable around him during the Conviction Arc.

Griffith No More! said:

I was just thinking that too, I was gonna comment on it before but I felt it was insignificant compared to the other events currently taking place in this episode. But since you pointed out, I was obviously wrong.

It actually makes them look like a couple again. :carcus: and she hasn't glared at him since he tried to save her from drowning. I can see it now... her first words to Guts once she regains her sanity.. "Baka. :casca:" Kinda like at the waterfall before they rescued Griffy back in the day.

Miura sure knows his stuff. There is just so many things taking place all at the same, even if subtle, that it's simply overwhelming.

Griffith

It could partly be that if she understood that he saved her, but she could just as well see him as the aggressor and cause of what happened to her in that situation, like he pushed her in. I'm thinking it's more that she's preoccupied with the elves, and he's in such an obviously bad state so as not to be outwardly threatening by his mere presence in the same room with her. It might be a different story if he made any sort of gesture toward her.

Another interesting thing, concerning Ganishka's form, is that it reminds me of the Mandragora and Golem designs, as well as Treebeard or the Ents from the LOTR films. Remember those huge Mandragora tentacles or massive roots you have to avoid in a hallway during the DC game (you can see them at the end of the video below)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM0vJ2aP_eY

Griffith No More! said:
It could partly be that if she understood that he saved her, but she could just as well see him as the aggressor and cause of what happened to her in that situation, like he pushed her in. I'm thinking it's more that she's preoccupied with the elves, and he's in such an obviously bad state so as not to be outwardly threatening by his mere presence in the same room with her. It might be a different story if he made any sort of gesture toward her.

Quite possible, personally I'll lean towards the later, shes just preoccupied. However my wish is that shes really did understand that he tried to save her. Which would actually take us to another event. When Farnese was washing Casca's hair and she made her whole "Guts complex" Casca's problem. Did that affect Casca in any way or was she just imitating Farnese because thats all she knows how to do.
Just wishful thinking really. :judo:

Griffith No More! said:
Another interesting thing, concerning Ganishka's form, is that it reminds me of the Mandragora and Golem designs, as well as Treebeard or the Ents from the LOTR films.

I was thinking more along the lines "Doesn't Ganishka remind you of a Tentacle Jesus"?
This time I have proof:

He is become Death, destroyer of worlds! Though I guess that was Vishnu, rather than Shiva. Hey, close enough.

But yeah, I loved those two-page spreads looking up at Ganishka. :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
Thanks scanbot, you just made my day. :guts:
Now's your chance Yota, make OUR day tomorrow :badbone:

Anyway, while I'd like to join the cheer squad thinking Guts and Casca have begun to reconcile, I think she could have just been close to Guts for the convienance of them both being in the same panel — to get across the point that something massive has occured that they can both feel.

Obviously there's a hundred different ways to make that point in a comic, I just didn't necessarily sense any extra closeness between them.

PS: Oh and Im with Aaz on the bets for action. I think the miracle will go down in 297/298. But it could just as easily be several more episodes from now, depending on how much further the situation develops once Griffith (and Co.?) enter the fray. There could be even more here than meets the eye.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well I think Aaz gave us a good enough summary to tide us over. I just like to read the nitty gritty details.

Griffith

Walter said:
Anyway, while I'd like to join the cheer squad thinking Guts and Casca have begun to reconcile, I think she could have just been close to Guts for the convenience of them both being in the same panel — to get across the point that something massive has occured that they can both feel.

Obviously there's a hundred different ways to make that point in a comic, I just didn't necessarily sense any extra closeness between them.

I don't think there's a "cheer squad" saying that anymore than you're saying Miura is cutting corners, it's a little more subtle than that. Not closeness, but lack of distance, or comfort. Compare it to when she noticed him simply looking at her across the ship, now they're okay more or less left alone in a room together (with Guts IN BEEEEED :carcus:). I don't think it's particularly significant, just incidental, but it was still nice to see.

Coming soon, Griffith and Guts cheek to cheek for economy of reaction shot. =)

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Holy cow. I wonder if Daiba's still alive.

Ridiculously awesome. Thanks scanbot.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I was thinking more along the lines "Doesn't Ganishka remind you of a Tentacle Jesus"?

How about you stop with this bullshit? Seriously the first time was enough.

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN
Thanks for the episode dude.

Mmm in the last episode many people said "the face of Griffith, he is nervous"... see... Here we can see the tranquillity in his face. I'm happy that the episode is not just about Ganishka but also about the boat.

Mmm the beherit reacts... I was scared but someone has an idea. :???:.

I'm waiting for the miracle , it can be a "miracle of light",for sure (I think) Griffith can see the blind spot of Ganishka.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Quality episode. Ganishka is a huge bitch and I hope we see some King Kong style flyby's from the winged riders! :guts: Thanks Scanbot, you make me happy in the pants!

Thank you scanbot ...the episode is really beautiful and I can't wait to see Griffith being at least annoyed by something , I just hope that Ganishka will succeed even a little bit in that task!

Top Bottom