Tribes in Brazil and Peru

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7426794.stm

Incredible I just feel sorry for the natives because they probably have no idea what the hell that helicopter was. It's pretty damn inconsiderate to fly a noisy chopper over a vilage.. geez.
Hopefully no one tries to interfere with their way of life or try to make contact.

Ramen4ever said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7426794.stm

Incredible I just feel sorry for the natives because they probably have no idea what the hell that helicopter was. It's pretty damn inconsiderate to fly a noisy chopper over a vilage.. geez.

"The pictures, taken from an aeroplane, show red-painted tribe members brandishing bows and arrows." -Article

I think that's awesome. I didn't think there was any place left we haven't been to or seen. I like how they were pointing bows at the plane. They're so cute. :serpico:

A

avidwriter

We probably put the fear of god in them. I mean, picture your life in a simple time and then suddely a huge bird unlike any you've seen flies over. I'd proabbly think it would an omen or something.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
avidwriter said:
We probably put the fear of god in them. I mean, picture your life in a simple time and then suddely a huge bird unlike any you've seen flies over. I'd proabbly think it would an omen or something.
Yes, the omen foretells severe culture shock.

I heard helicopter somewhere too, perhaps slashdot's link.

Yeah I was looking at the earlier, really intrigued me. If aliens in flying saucers came down to tribes from over 10,000 years ago, from the formers standpoint it probably wouldn't appear any more unusual.
I wonder which ones would be having post traumatic stress disorder now and which would see the world as more amazing and mysterious. Gives them something to talk about for a few months at least, i've made regular conversation out of less.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sparnage said:
I wonder which ones would be having post traumatic stress disorder now and which would see the world as more amazing and mysterious.

You don't get PTSD from seeing a flying object you get it from getting raped or picking up your friends brains. Which actually makes sense seeing how the word traumatic is in there.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Survival International says that although this particular group is increasing in number, others in the area are at risk from illegal logging.
That's facinating stuff. I wonder what kind of security these illegal loggers use to fight off the local natives when they invade an area? Im imagining groups of Brazilian guerillas with Ak47s fighting dudes with spears. It's like a childhood fantasy, but apparently these things still happen. These guys must be brutal. Who do they hire to do this shit?

"Ok, Mr. Machete, it says here your previous work was in Logger Securities. Hahaha, is that serious?"
"Dead serious."
"So did you have to protect the loggers from eating too many pancakes or-*BLAMBLAM* *BLAM*.... *BLAM*"
"You axe too many questions."

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
You don't get PTSD from seeing a flying object you get it from getting raped or picking up your friends brains. Which actually makes sense seeing how the word traumatic is in there.

Yeah that can be your little secret, Bob, though the definition of traumatic can be just psychologically painful. These people have probably never seen anything remotely like this before, you think having your entire known reality thrown into question, from what was most likely an incredibly terrifying event would just mean they would discuss it over tea and have an early night?
Who really knows how much it affected them, but I could only presume at least a few people would be far more than just rattled from that.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sparnage said:
Yeah that can be your little secret, Bob, though the definition of traumatic can be just psychologically painful.

Yeah except if they develop any problems it would be called Adjustment Disorder.

These people have probably never seen anything remotely like this before,

Personally I doubt it, they probably have seen things like this before. This is OUR first time seeing them if anything.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Personally I doubt it, they probably have seen things like this before. This is OUR first time seeing them if anything.

If they have seen things like this before it'd be a different matter. I may be mistaken but my interpretation was as they were considered uncontacted, they hadn't. If so it'd seem to me beyond an adjustment disorder.

S

Sanguinius

Sparnage said:
If they have seen things like this before it'd be a different matter. I may be mistaken but my interpretation was as they were considered uncontacted, they hadn't. If so it'd seem to me beyond an adjustment disorder.

Is this a game of guess the psychological disorder?

Anyway, I wouldn't try and be too certain about what these people are thinking or feeling, anything anyone says is pure guess work.

Well I'll go with Bob on this one, there have been plenty of planes traveling in that area for the last few decades. They most likely have seen a few before however I doubt they know what it is. Also the illegal loggers also use technology that the natives wouldn't understand.
Uncontacted, in these cases tends to mean that they have not established any means of communication. And the most likely case is that the natives just want to be left alone. Also people who did try to contact them in the past, most likely ended up missing.
I think the important thing now is that people don't try to disturb their way of life. Now that they know they are there, they should avoid that area as much as possible.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Or we could sneak in there in the middle of the night and kidnap individuals so we can run tests on them to find out things like how different a relatively separate gene pool is today, then return the people like they were never gone.

I hope that was blatant enough

I can only imagine what would happen if we went down there to meet them. (Ever see Cannibal Holocaust?) They probably gut the camera crew before eating the news reporter. LOL

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I can only imagine what would happen if we went down there to meet them. (Ever see Cannibal Holocaust?) They probably gut the camera crew before eating the news reporter. LOL

Yeah those crazy savages hahaha!

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
The picture reminds me of the old plastic figurines I use to play with as a kid, all brightly colored and poorly detailed.

Okin said:
The picture reminds me of the old plastic figurines I use to play with as a kid, all brightly colored and poorly detailed.

Well the picture is real, if I read the article correctly. Those natives were painted in red. The "hoax' part was that that tribe had been known to exist for over a hundred years. So it's not really "undiscovered".

Top Bottom