MICHAEL BAY'S transformers 2

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
And it's official. Our lord Michael Bay starts filming tomorow. Well... so he said at the MTV movie awards :schierke:
Wasn't expecting this one to pop this soon.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Majin Tenshi said:
I'd thought they'd officialy been planning the thing for a bit now.
I wouldn't know really. But I just heard the guy just mentioning shooting the 1st scene tomorow. Just wasn't expecting it so soon. Most of the previous cast are included as well.

S

Sanguinius

Nomad said:
I wouldn't know really. But I just heard the guy just mentioning shooting the 1st scene tomorow. Just wasn't expecting it so soon. Most of the previous cast are included as well.

Isn't that a treat :schierke:

Aazealh said:
Still haven't seen the first one. And I probably won't any time soon either.

That's the best thing you could do, unfortunately I did see the movie and to put it mildly it was terrible, if memory serves it had no redeeming features. (except that it eventually ended)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Meh.

Michael Bay did a decent job, but I wasn't impressed. Unless this movie has Unicron, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus (who should die guarding the Matrix of leadership, only to be brought back as a whipping bot to Rodimus) and Grimlock I won't be going to see it. Speaking of Unicron... this might generate a couple of chuckles:

20080515la8.png

if the first transformers hadn't been on cinemax i probaly would have never bothered with it.

That said i watched it and didn't really enjoy it so i can't say the prospect of a second go around with the giant robots excites me to much.

Alright I get to go against the crowd (like usual when it comes to movies on this board). I can't wait for the sequel. I enjoyed the first. But like sooooo many of the folks seem to forget to do is check their brains at the door and go into a movie expecting to be entertained. If I wanted to sit their and scrutinize a movie I could probably easily paint Transformers, Rocky 6, Rambo 4, Indy 4, Die Hard 4, 300, Pirates 3, etc. in horrible lights.

Go into a movie that's meant to be a popcorn movie looking to be entertainied and you'll most likely come out entertained.

Though I gotta admit, sometimes this board surprises me. Usually Griff is the harshest critic of a movie (or game) around here and when I see him saying he enjoyed a movie like Batman Begins or the new Indy movie, I can't help but wonder if I stepped into bizzaro-land or something :guts:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I was a kid when the G1 cartoons were brand new so the movie sort of goes against how I'd like to remember the show. I agree with Uriel about having Unicron. I haven't watched the first yet, but I don't remember anyone mentioning any battles between Gestalt formations. Devastator fighting Superion, etc., would be cool.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Sanguinius said:
Isn't that a treat :schierke:
Hey, I'm just putting it out there bro. Though my feelings towards Michael Bay pretty much agrees with most of the web comments, I have no shame in saying I enjoyed it. Yes, I despise the guy, but for me listening to Prime again was more than a treat. And frankly it opened up doors for new generations to meet for the 1st time that which was once an awesome story when myself and others were younger. Something that even the same creators failed to do again and again.

S

Sanguinius

Nomad said:
Hey, I'm just putting it out there bro. Though my feelings towards Michael Bay pretty much agrees with most of the web comments, I have no shame in saying I enjoyed it. Yes, I despise the guy, but for me listening to Prime again was more than a treat. And frankly it opened up doors for new generations to meet for the 1st time that which was once an awesome story when myself and others were younger. Something that even the same creators failed to do again and again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising you for putting that information out there, I'm only directing that at the movie, not you. I wasn't a transformers fan when I was a kid so maybe that's one reason this doesn't appeal to me. Although to be honest I doubt it, I really struggle to see what's good about the 1st Transformers movie, it's not even a question of leaving your brain at the door. The attempts at humour were all terrible (to me anyway) whether it's a transformer "urinating" on the guy or the "street talk" from listening to radio waves (like they would pick up ghetto street talk first and learn only that only one, I've heard of token black before but token black speaker?). Besides that there's the awful plots involving the humans, whether it's the oh so cliche (and badly done cliche here) of the loser guy turns "hero" and gets the girl out of his league or the random soldiers who very quickly learn they can kill the "bad guys" as soon as they get the "magic bullet". What do you even need Optimus for? with the super soldiers super weapons the humans seem unbeatable.

Already looking forward to it, I enjoyed the first one and with the sequal being more focused on the bots this movie can actually and properly be called "Transformers" lol

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
There's allready rumors of Constructicons involved in this film but nothing solid yet. Stay tunned!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
There's allready rumors of Constructicons involved in this film but nothing solid yet. Stay tunned!
What the hell is a Constructicon... wait... don't tell me... a fucking cement mixing truck ROBOT?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
What the hell is a Constructicon... wait... don't tell me... a fucking cement mixing truck ROBOT?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghdELoVMapU :beast:

Syaoran

I want you to remember
Well I'm not that much of a hard core fan of it so those little mistakes won't bother me; anyway the first was pretty cool so lets hope the next can be even better

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Walter said:

Basically construction equipment like cement mixer, bulldozer etc. They combine to form the gestalt formation of Devastator, like how Voltron forms but without the blazing sword. :)

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
My biggest beef with the movie was that I had to give a crap about Shia LaBeouf and his inability to get some to stay conscious for half of the film. My favorite Transformers series, Beast Wars, had no humans which made the interesting giant robots that we wanted to watch the center of story. My second issue was that all the fight scenes had retarded shaky camera angles that made it impossible to actually tell what was happening. Third, the Decepticons had no personality. I remember before the movie was released, the creators were saying they were going to try to maintain the interactions of the characters from the television show. They specifically mentioned the antagonism between Starscream and Megatron, which they said was strongly shown. All they did was have Megatron insult Starscream once, while everyone was looking the other way or getting more popcorn.

But hey, it is Michael Bay here.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
I guess I was one of the few that liked the movie and Micheal Bay as a director...........anyways its officialy called Transformers Revenge of the Fallen and as of now Starscream and Barricade(Saleen Mustang) are confirmend to be back in.

the movie was great, i really liked it. great effects, but the story could be done better ... hope they show more characters in the second movie too :)

i missed starscreams character most ... in the cartoon he was so great :)

i hope they bring soundwave in the second movie, he was simply amazing at that time in the cartoon :ganishka:

Oburi

All praise Grail
i watched it in theaters and I fell asleep. I NEVER fall asleep during movies, never mind being in an actual theater. But this was the first movie to put me to sleep. Luckily I woke up in time for the last half hour of the movie which I must say was really incredible... special effects wise. The cool thing is I wasn't really upset at myself at falling asleep. I didn't care at all about the characters or anything. Actually I think everyone should take a nap an hour into it then wake up when you hear bombs going off. Pure popcorn flick (deff overlong) but at least it didn't take itself too seriously. I've watched it a few times since and I do like it for what it is. I don't know if I'm happy with myself or not.

For those that are worried how this film may turn out there will be 10 A-bots & D-Cons on each side though that this movie focuses more on the robots rather than the human factor. Still I dont know how the Constructicons story will progress in this sequal if they are in.

Safe the combiners for the third & final film when all the TFs go head to head with Unicron (if he appears)

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Starscream: It was the Triplechangers, they tricked me!
Megatron: You're either lying or stupid.
Starscream: I'm stupid! I'm stupid!

How could you not want to incorporate that? It wasn't a bad movie, but I want Shia LaBeouf to get run over in the next movie. If he does that, I can except the other faults.

The problem with me from the first Transformers movie were
1. too much absurd techno babble, sometimes it just seemed they just went to the scientific american website and they randomly chose technological concepts and smashed them togheter to confuse the audience in to thinking that many of the characters on the movie were really smart.

2. Ridiculous robot comedy around half of the movie like the ones involving Robot's peeing OIL

3. In the beginning they developed a lot of characters that end up having no porpoise.

Other than that I liked the first movie but it could have been much more better

Top Bottom