MICHAEL BAY'S transformers 2

Oburi

All praise Grail
dwarfkicker said:
New trailer (or something)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfXqL1MBM-s

or
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/314774.html

o look at that the transformers can cry now. :schierke: action looks cool though.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I'm excited for this movie, but I just hope they handle the characters a bit better.

In the first movie, Prime was raped beyond belief. He's made out to be some self-righteous asshole and doesn't display any leadership qualities whatsoever. I WILL SACRIFICE MYSELF COME ON IM HERE SAM PUT THE CUBE IN ME! It was like he was wishing to die. That's not the Prime I fell in love with, so it doesn't bother me.

Ratchet, Ironhide, Bumblebee(why they even attempted to call him this is beyond me) and Jazz were all handled horribly. Jazz wasn't one to question orders or to even ask for orders. Jazz would go out and get the fucking job done. I was surprised when Prime wouldn't let them go after Bumblebee when he was taken. They could have easily rescued him without harming the humans. They did shit like that ALL the time in the cartoon AND comics.

If it weren't for the action and the fact that I love the transforming sound, then I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much...or at all.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea Transformers was so bad it's incredible. I mean its Michael Bay's summer blockbuster popcorn movie for the masses so what do you expect. But even so its slightly entertaining for the special effects (i shame myself for saying that).

Oburi

All praise Grail
dwarfkicker said:
And here's the "official" second trailer (premiered with Wolverine)
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809943432/video/13222062

That trailer was less exciting than I thought. I feel like I just watched the whole movie already. Stupid plot filled with holes and special effect driven action sequences that, after seeing the trailers a few times, I already get it. I couldn't care less about this movie now, though I did laugh at John Tuturro's line "this is top secret...do not tell my mother".

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Stupid plot filled with wholes and special effect driven action sequences that, after seeing the trailers a few times, I already get.
You realize you just described every Michael Bay movie, right?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
You realize you just described every Michael Bay movie, right?

I do... only this time I feel like the trailer will be better than the entire 2hour movie. Again though, could be said about all his work.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Just read a summary of the plot itself in the net. And yes, Michael and Co. went on their own on this one. But a light of interest came when I read the Leonard Nimoy made a last minute approach to do one of the voice overs. I'm not really going to post anything about the storyline. Just giving the heads up. Besides the obvious.

Saw the movie yesterday and I can only just give one word about it. Wow!! Seriously its everything that a sequel should be, still some people bash this film due to its hotchpotch plot. But If anyone here hasn't seen it, See it you wont be disappointed.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
I give it one thumb up and one thumb down.

There was a fair amount to like, and equally as much to hate.

Thing one: I didn't laugh at all--littered throughout the film are many very poor attempts at humor.

Thing two: Although the role of the human characters is reduced compared to the first one, the film still spends too much time focusing on characters that are not transforming robots.

Thing three: I felt like there was a lot of wasted time--there are points in the film where I felt like they kept certain sequences extra long because they felt that they had to make a 2 and a half hour film.

Thing four: People are going to be torn on the plot.
The thing I hated the most was that Megatron was placed into a minion role--so you really don't see him as the evil dominating counterpart to Optimus Prime.

Thing five:
Don't know if this is spoiler worthy--but I'm being careful. With one or two exceptions, the new Autobots and Decepticons are just thrown in there with no background and are never really fully introduced in the film. Then there are a bunch of unnamed Decepticons that show up at the end--seems like just a waste of robots that the viewer never gets to know or see very much of. There needed to be a lot more character development

I did think that the effects were much smoother in this film than in the first (which I still thought had amazing special effects). The fight sequences were very well done.

I also do think that this film did a better job of showing the interactions between the transformers and focusing on just the transformers at times. The dynamic between Megatron and Starscream begins to come out, and that was nice to see.

It's hard to say though what they're using this film to set up for a third installment. If you've seem the original animated film, there might be moments where you think that Revenge of the Fallen is starting to head in that direction
When Optimus Prime was killed--then when they mentioned the matrix of leadership, I really thought it might go that way, but no dice.

Still, I don't think I like the independent liberties they took in the script and plot--I think it was a bit of a stretch too far that ruined some of the magic that I found watching the first installment a few years ago.
That is to say, I don't like the role played by The Fallen.

Oh, and the only reason Megan Fox is in the film is for the continued objectification of women

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I think I'll be skipping this one. From everything I've read, it sounds terrible. I'm sure the special effects are incredible (they usually are in these kinds of movies), but that just can't carry a film for me anymore.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Skullgrin140 said:
Saw the movie yesterday and I can only just give one word about it. Wow!! Seriously its everything that a sequel should be, still some people bash this film due to its hotchpotch plot. But If anyone here hasn't seen it, See it you wont be disappointed.

People like you give me a pretty good reason to hate people.

Seriously, why give money to see crap like this? I understand if someone's son wants to watch it, but ffs, HAVE SOME TASTE!

NightCrawler

michaelbay-miketyson.jpg

I saw the movie today and thoroughly enjoyed it. But then again I do what most people choose not to do when seeing a movie like this; check your brain at the door.

While the action was much better done this time around, there's still the fact that if you didn't like the first one you're probably not going to like the second one (though you might tolerate it a little more).

People like you give me a pretty good reason to hate people.

Seriously, why give money to see crap like this? I understand if someone's son wants to watch it, but ffs, HAVE SOME TASTE!

Wow coming from someone who finds humor in the oddest of places (like someones suffering) or the fact that your avatar is the way it is, pretty much paints you as a pretty low brow individual. You really shouldn't be making hypocritical statements like that.

I loved it

I hated how they stuck in the negro factor with "Mudflap and Skids".
I really hated how they seemed to minimize the role of all the autobots except for Optimus, Bumblebee, and of course, the negro factor. I thought at least Ironhide and Rachet would be given a bigger role this time around.
I really really hated how they had a 1 line pun every 2 min. in the movie.
I really really REALLY hate linkin park.
And I was kinda sad they didn't bring back Jazz. :judo:

But even through all that, the CGI and fight sequences won me over. :guts:
And I loved Sideswipe and his corvette stingray concept transformation, too bad we didn't see more of him.

"Punk ass decepticon" :guts: (for those who already saw the movie)

And megan fox :carcus:

NightCrawler

dwarfkicker said:
I saw the movie today and thoroughly enjoyed it. But then again I do what most people choose not to do when seeing a movie like this; check your brain at the door.

While the action was much better done this time around, there's still the fact that if you didn't like the first one you're probably not going to like the second one (though you might tolerate it a little more).

Wow coming from someone who finds humor in the oddest of places (like someones suffering) or the fact that your avatar is the way it is, pretty much paints you as a pretty low brow individual. You really shouldn't be making hypocritical statements like that.

Wait a sec, i'm lowbrow because i won't watch this piece of shit? Because that's what it is. You can try to justify with the action sequences and the cgi wow factor, but no no, it's a piece of shit, you know it.
Oh, and i'm free to hate every single people that contributes to mediocracy and banality. With money.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ok just saw this today and somehow I liked the first one better, and I didn't think any movie could be worse. There isn't one human character in the movie that is cool. They are all bitchy whiny, yelling screaming and making stupid sexual jokes every second they are on screen. Even the robots were lame. Sure they had some new cool Decepticons but they were wasted. The final battle at the end of the first movie was better than all the fighting in this movie. Seriously this was the worst piece of garbage and I was willing to pay to see it thinking the action would be cool and it couldn't possibly put me to sleep like the first one did. jesus this has got be filmaking at its worse.

Nightcrawler don't let this get you down! People who enjoy this garbage have no taste as you pointed out. Don't bother arguing with anyone who defends this movie, they must have left any intelligence they had at the theater because you can't have any when the movie starts. If you start thinking at any point during the film you'll find stupid plotholes everywhere. I actually felt dumb just watching it. Just mindless entertainment, only if your like me it was hardly entertaining at all.

Wait a sec, i'm lowbrow because i won't watch this piece of shit?

No, you are what you are because of your attitude towards others who enjoy something you don't.

Sure they had some new cool Decepticons but they were wasted. The final battle at the end of the first movie was better than all the fighting in this movie. Seriously this was the worst piece of garbage and I was willing to pay to see it thinking the action would be cool and it couldn't possibly put me to sleep like the first one did. jesus this has got be filmaking at its worse.

Wow, I'm all for someone having a differing opinion and all, but the action in the first movie was so poorly shot that it was at MOST parts difficult to decipher (much like Batman Begins). The action in Revenge of the Fallen was presented much, much better (much like the Dark Knight). Regardless of whether or not you liked the action in this movie, there is no way that you can sit there and say the action was better in the first movie. Unless of course you're just doing it to be different from everyone else.

Nightcrawler don't let this get you down! People who enjoy this garbage have no taste as you pointed out. Don't bother arguing with anyone who defends this movie, they must have left any intelligence they had at the theater because you can't have any when the movie starts. If you start thinking at any point during the film you'll find stupid plotholes everywhere. I actually felt dumb just watching it. Just mindless entertainment, only if your like me it was hardly entertaining at all.

How the hell are you clowns going to attack others for enjoying something? That's just so ridiculous and childish. You didn't like it, that's great. But no one is an authority on what's good and what's bad. As shocking as this is to say, let alone think, I'm sure there are even people out there who thinks any one if not all of Uwe Bolls movies are good *shudders at the thought*

I bet either of you could make a list of 10 movies that you think are good/great, and I could go down that list and either agree or disagree with you. And if I disagreed with any you would think I would have no taste. Wrong, it's just that my taste in movies are different from you.

So let's not act like morons and rip on people for their movie preference. If you think a movie was bad then thumbs up to ya. But don't go saying someone has "no taste" or that they came out of the movie with "no intelligence" or that "people who like something you don't makes you hate humanity." Acting like that makes you look like a tool.

And before anyone gets cute and says I tagged Crawler, that's different. I took a jab at him because he shot his mouth off to someone for reasons listed above, not because he doesn't like the movie or has no intention of seeing it.

And Oburi, I don't care that you don't like the movie, but in all seriousness with how you were bashing the movie based on trailers why did you "waste" your time and money seeing something that you knew you weren't going to like? Kinda foolish don't you think? Most people wouldn't be bothered to go to a movie that doesn't interest them in the first place.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
Wait a sec, i'm lowbrow because i won't watch this piece of shit?

No, he was saying you're lowbrow, and a hypocrite, because at times you exhibit the same unrefined traits you are vigorously decrying.

As an aside, I don't think one's justified to righteously claim they "hate people" over their tastes in movies. Caring that much about movies in general isn't much different than caring too much for shitty movies. Movies are bullshit.

That said, especially this one! So, I'm completely torn on this dispute... I think you're both right! :ganishka: :troll:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
What I don't understand are the people that thought this movie was ok, but are going to see it again. IF it's ok why are you going to see it again?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Well the reason I went to see the movie in the first place was because even though I didn't like the first, I thought they might actually make a sequel that is better. Similar to the Dark Knight, similar to Hellboy 2. I always give sequels a second chance even if I don't like the first, which is more than most people can say. I went into the theater thinking I was going to enjoy it. Sometimes it pays off (Dark Knight, Hellboy) but IMO this didn't. And I guess it is my opinion that if you watch this movie and love it and you think its a great movie then I don't believe you have taste in movies. The movie lacked any logic (had plenty of explosions) and I really did feel I had to dumb myself down to get through it. And it's not like I dont give movies like this a chance, I really do. I'm a sucker for hollywood action special effect movies, I see almost all of them. I know what Transformers is suppose to be, I wasn't expecting a great story or great dialog or anything, but this went above and beyond. This is really the dumbest shit Hollywood has pumped so much money into, and I believe the success of films like this and America's decline in the education system are related. :guts:

Wow, I'm all for someone having a differing opinion and all, but the action in the first movie was so poorly shot that it was at MOST parts difficult to decipher (much like Batman Begins). The action in Revenge of the Fallen was presented much, much better (much like the Dark Knight). Regardless of whether or not you liked the action in this movie, there is no way that you can sit there and say the action was better in the first movie. Unless of course you're just doing it to be different from everyone else.

Well I agree that the action in the first movie was bad at times and hard to make out, but IMO i enjoyed those scenes better. It was clear which autobots were fighting which decepticons, mainly during the final action scenes. And there was some slowmotion in the last movie that I kinda liked. The sequel didn't really have that, more explosions, more gunfire but the action wasn't any better, just more of the same. The only exception was the action scene early in the movie that I enjoyed where we first see optimus prime.

Well I hope I said "IMO" enough this time. And just so you know dwarkicker, nothing I said was directed at you, but your whole post makes you sound like some transformers fanboy. If you want to agrue about taste in film this so not the right movie to do that with. Even if I loved the movie I wouldn't say I have "taste" beacuase I like transformers 2, more like a guilty pleasure (like Transformers 1). But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

NightCrawler

宮本 グリフィス said:
No, he was saying you're lowbrow, and a hypocrite, because at times you exhibit the same unrefined traits you are vigorously decrying.

As an aside, I don't think one's justified to righteously claim they "hate people" over their tastes in movies. Caring that much about movies in general isn't much different than caring too much for shitty movies. Movies are bullshit.

That said, especially this one! So, I'm completely torn on this dispute... I think you're both right! :ganishka: :troll:

Hypocrisy? No. I do enjoy parody, and i laugh about everything, specially concerning "serious business" over the interbuts. That doesn't make me lowbrow, it makes you uptight.

Meh, and it's not about movies, it's about supporting mediocrity.

Top Bottom