Wishes to Art of War - (Request for statues, what scenes, who to make, etc.)

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
HITReza said:
YES !!!
you say it man!

@Armored_Berserk:

to be honest: all statues are expensive.
... but i think its worth it to pay 100-200 dollars more to get a big unique statue.

its more eye catching than the usual 1/15 or 1/10 scales (which cost also a lot) , besides on such characters big statues look simply good :guts:

The problem is most display cases aren't big enough to accommodate the bigger sizes. I like to keep it inside to protect from dust and wandering hands.

I know people will hate this but I would like more skullknight and armor berserk statues. I join the game late so miss out on a lot of good stuff. I'm weary of online auctions since they're expensive, 2nd hand, and the ones I bought mostly came damaged.

I would rather pay the extra money to buy directly from AOW, their CSR and service is #1, or from a store I can actually inspect first before buying.

cucu4coco said:
I know people will hate this but I would like more skullknight and armor berserk statues. I join the game late so miss out on a lot of good stuff.

Have patience :) And you will find the statue you look for

Anyway, I agree with you, statues at 1/6 1/7 are tooo big ! I don't want to buy a 30cm statue at huge price, not for me

I really wish AOW products weren't so pricey, but the quality outweighs the cons. I'd like to see more statues and scenes of Serpico, Farnese, Schierke, and Emperor Ganishka. :ganishka:

Anyway, I have some statue and scene suggestions:

Hooray for barbeque!:

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01415copyny7.jpg

Guts, serving up demons on the barbe!:

http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=021acopypu4.jpg

I'd love to see this as a statue (or a scene!) God, he is so MANLY! ARGH! Take me NOW:

http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=023acopynz7.jpg

Thought this was a powerful image. Could pull off a tremendous scene with this one!:

Mozgus, Serpico, and Farnese:

yesmilord

千年王国
I suppose this thread is now obsolete, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
My friend and I were discussing some of the coolest scenes in Berserk when I came across this thread. It might not have been feasible before, but I am confident now that AoW has the technology and skill to pull off this scene:

skellysun.jpg

It would be a dream come true to have this in my case, adorned with the expensive lights I would buy specifically for this display!
I know we just had an SK on horse less than 2 years ago, but I can't get enough of this guy. :badbone:

yesmilord

千年王国
HITReza said:
I think its very hard to sculpt that scene.
but i agree, that would be very nice :)

The hardest part would obviously be handling the shattered sun (correct me if I'm wrong, Aaz :p).
Since there's no simple way to make those shards float, whoever plans the diorama out would need to be extremely smart about the placement of said pieces so that they look natural and not just glued onto SK. I know the pose shouldn't be too much of a problem; we can see from the Guts, Hawk Soldier on Horse 1/10 that only a very small amount of actual contact to the base is needed to support the weight of an entire horse and its rider. Although SK is obviously much heavier because of his armor and build, there's nothing a strong inner wiring won't solve.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yesmilord said:
The hardest part would obviously be handling the shattered sun (correct me if I'm wrong, Aaz :p).

No, I agree. Very difficult to reproduce, so much that if they recreated that scene I don't think they would include the shards.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I think what happens afterwards would make a better statue. A Void/Skully combo statue would be a must-buy for me, and I don't have any money. :void: :SK:

That's a great idea and all but I honestly think they would put SK on hold for now in terms of creating another statue of him. Rakshas, apostles or the beast are what I'd like to see. I recall someone posting an image of an idea for a Rakshas statue that I thought was great!

yesmilord

千年王国
Rhombaad said:
I think what happens afterwards would make a better statue. A Void/Skully combo statue would be a must-buy for me, and I don't have any money. :void: :SK:

lol be careful what you ask for. I had honestly thought of that too, but imagine the vertical height of that statue :schnoz:
That's SK flying down from the sky and not even touching Void at that point. Thinking about it, I guess a 1/15 statue would be more reasonable, but I'd rather horse-ridings be 1/10! :SK:

ori said:
That's a great idea and all but I honestly think they would put SK on hold for now in terms of creating another statue of him. Rakshas, apostles or the beast are what I'd like to see. I recall someone posting an image of an idea for a Rakshas statue that I thought was great!

There has technically been a Rakshas statue. It came with the LE of Griffith MF Horse Riding.

Honestly I think AoW will wait before creating apostle statues merely based on the fact that we haven't seen enough action with them, and therefore there won't be enough customers that would want the items.

Madam President said:
I really wish AOW products weren't so pricey, but the quality outweighs the cons. I'd like to see more statues and scenes of Serpico, Farnese, Schierke, and Emperor Ganishka. :ganishka:

Huh! Has there ever been a statue of Schierke, Serpico, or those other recent characters?

Guts, Void, and Zodd of course are instantly recognizable, but I'd love to see more of the extended cast. Yes, Guts with a bloody sword is always cool, but I'd love to flesh out a collection with some of the others - perhaps even some of the apostles!

yesmilord

千年王国
Bekul said:
Huh! Has there ever been a statue of Schierke, Serpico, or those other recent characters?

There have been kits made by other sculptors, but not by AoW. You can check some of them out at DirectDK's website.
Isidro is the only one of the "recent" characters that has been made, and it was quite a while ago.

Bekul said:
Guts, Void, and Zodd of course are instantly recognizable, but I'd love to see more of the extended cast. Yes, Guts with a bloody sword is always cool, but I'd love to flesh out a collection with some of the others - perhaps even some of the apostles!

Ditto. But like I said, AoW is playing it safe by releasing characters that they know will definitely sell. I'm sure once the rest of the cast take part in more memorable scenes, we will see those statues pop up.

ZODDOII

BERSERK
hi Dear Eric :zodd:

How about 1/10 scale Zodd Apostle form? If your made this one,that will be best of AOW Statue~I do not care price :guts:

And if AOW made 1/4 scale guts and griff, that will be legendary scale AOW statue.

finally thanks for you coming and AOW amazing art work. :mozgus: :ganishka: :zodd: :rakshas: :beast: :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yesmilord said:
Honestly I think AoW will wait before creating apostle statues merely based on the fact that we haven't seen enough action with them, and therefore there won't be enough customers that would want the items.

They've already created statues depicting apostles (Grunbeld) and we've seen more of the apostles in question than we've seen a character like Void, for example. Those don't seem to be very good reasons to me.

Bekul said:

A statue of Isidro and action figures of Isidro and Schierke. No Farnese or Serpico.

yesmilord said:
But like I said, AoW is playing it safe by releasing characters that they know will definitely sell. I'm sure once the rest of the cast take part in more memorable scenes, we will see those statues pop up.

They're not "playing it safe" anymore at this point, they're lacking artistic and commercial ambition. The "rest of the cast" has already taken part in many memorable scenes, and has been doing so for years now.

yesmilord

千年王国
Aazealh said:
They've already created statues depicting apostles (Grunbeld) and we've seen more of the apostles in question than we've seen a character like Void, for example. Those don't seem to be very good reasons to me.

They're not "playing it safe" anymore at this point, they're lacking artistic and commercial ambition. The "rest of the cast" has already taken part in many memorable scenes, and has been doing so for years now.

Indeed they have, also including a Grunbeld transformed bust, a Locus bust and Irvine crouched on a rooftop. Of the more recent statues (barring the Irvine), we've yet to see an exclusively created, single statue or diorama with the sole emphasis of portraying an uncommonly made apostle (that refers to neo Band of the Hawk, and especially transformed ones at that).

I still stand by my reasoning that they probably fear the inability to sell a character of lesser popularity, hence the repetitious appearances of Guts, Griffith, Zodd, and Skully. HOWEVER, I do agree with you that it is poor foresight on their part that us fans have been asking for Schierke, Isidro, Farnese, Serpico, Azan, etc, and their lack of commercial ambition to fill that gap. Not very good reasons indeed, but that's just them being stubborn and safe imo.

I don't disagree that the rest of the cast has already taken part in several memorable scenes either; I think they're just waiting for a time to strike when the iron is hotter. (Though honestly, at the pace Berserk moves at, that time is very few and far between - less, the improbability, that AoW will have the ability to synchronize their releases with events in the manga :troll:)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yesmilord said:
Indeed they have, also including a Grunbeld transformed bust, a Locus bust and Irvine crouched on a rooftop.

You forgot Ganishka on his throne. And Mozgus. And the beherit-apostle that came bundled with the black Femto action figure. Can't beat me at this game, I'm afraid. :slan:

yesmilord said:
Of the more recent statues (barring the Irvine), we've yet to see an exclusively created, single statue or diorama with the sole emphasis of portraying an uncommonly made apostle (that refers to neo Band of the Hawk, and especially transformed ones at that).

Yes, that's what people are complaining about.

yesmilord said:
I still stand by my reasoning that they probably fear the inability to sell a character of lesser popularity

Just so it's clear: your "reasoning" is actually a baseless guess, right? The same kind of guesses people were already serving us 5 years ago. Sorry, I don't mean to slam you or anything, but this is just the same old stuff we've heard for years. And after all that time, we're still practically at the same point. Despite the fact the original Grunbeld statue in question sold out very quickly. And the fact fans have been continuously asking for more varied products. You talk of poor foresight, but foresight isn't even involved: it's an inability to capitalize on what's readily available. I don't pretend to know why AOW isn't releasing more varied products, but honestly, whatever the reason is, it's wrong.

yesmilord said:
I don't disagree that the rest of the cast has already taken part in several memorable scenes either; I think they're just waiting for a time to strike when the iron is hotter. (Though honestly, at the pace Berserk moves at, that time is very few and far between - less, the improbability, that AoW will have the ability to synchronize their releases with events in the manga :troll:)

They didn't strike when the iron was hot in the first place, that's the problem. And now that the characters are finally not fighting anymore you're talking about the pace, as if it was a valid excuse. Well it's not. The pace of the story is perfectly fine. The blame lies entirely, 100% on AOW.

ZODDOII said:
hi Dear Eric :zodd:

How about 1/10 scale Zodd Apostle form? If your made this one,that will be best of AOW Statue~I do not care price :guts:

And if AOW made 1/4 scale guts and griff, that will be legendary scale AOW statue.

finally thanks for you coming and AOW amazing art work. :mozgus: :ganishka: :zodd: :rakshas: :beast: :troll:

What?

We are sick of Zodd aposle form...we have Zodd II, Zodd III and now Zodd w/ Wyald. Ok it's not 1/10e but f*ck, there is too many Zodd statue out now, i want a NEW character :schierke: :puck:

@Armored_Berserk: 100% agree!

i have to say that i am disappointed in the latest AOW products.
the statues getbigger, but that it.

I love my Guts: Kingdom of Falconia, great statue.
16.000 yen great detail great paintjob.

now you get 80000 yen statues ... okay its bigger but the sculpt and painting isn't worth the price at all.

yesmilord

千年王国
lol Aaz, I wasn't particularly aiming to, but I know I can't win. :guts:

You're right when you say that my guess is just as good as anyone's as to why AoW isn't producing these statues. I'm not trying to provide a valid excuse either because I obviously don't know. I'm trying to figure it out and it just doesn't make any sense in the grander scheme of things.

I for one really want Serpico and Schierke made. Even though the kelpie scene has been done by another sculptor, AoW could try their hand at that. There's also some scenes in vol.30 (where Serpico drops down to kill a bunch of guys controlling the beasts) that was pretty awesome looking. And finally, that scene with Schierke sitting on the docks would be a perfect diorama.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yesmilord said:
I'm not trying to provide a valid excuse either because I obviously don't know. I'm trying to figure it out and it just doesn't make any sense in the grander scheme of things.

Yeah I know man, it's just that I've heard the same stuff too often and it never really made sense. It never will. It's frustrating.

yesmilord said:
I for one really want Serpico and Schierke made. Even though the kelpie scene has been done by another sculptor, AoW could try their hand at that. There's also some scenes in vol.30 (where Serpico drops down to kill a bunch of guys controlling the beasts) that was pretty awesome looking. And finally, that scene with Schierke sitting on the docks would be a perfect diorama.

It's not just that they could. They should. It's overdue. And to be honest I can instantly conjure up dozens of scenes that would make for great statues. But whatever, it's been a year since "Art of War Japan" has visited the forum, so ranting here serves no purpose. At this point I just wish other companies would get the rights to produce Berserk merchandise, if only so we could have a wider range of products available.

Top Bottom