Episode 297

Thanks Scanbot.

Wow Daiba made it. Also it looks like Griffith is just about ready to strike. Ganishka was trying to shoot Daiba with jets of flame? I wonder why.

I don't see any date for the next release.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
This episode really has an apocalyptic feel to it. I find it quite amazing. And the Falcon of Light has appeared, ready for the cataclysmal confrontation. It's so grandiose that the final battle of the story might even have a difficult time beating it.

Ramen4ever said:
What I'm wondering is what are those balls of fire that Ganishka is shooting?

Well they're balls, made of fire. What else do you expect?

Aazealh said:
Well they're balls, made of fire. What else do you expect?

I didn't expect anything else, in fact I didn't expect the balls of fire either. Ganishka's ability used to be more related to fog and lightning as well as that acid fog that happened a few episodes back. I did not expect him to use fire.

Can someone please post a summary of what's being said? Why did Ganishka try to incinerate Daiba?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
is there really no date for the next episode?

Yeah, as you can see.

Ramen4ever said:
Ganishka's ability used to be more related to fog and lightning as well as that acid fog that happened a few episodes back. I did not expect him to use fire.

He also used not to be a giant monster. Anyway, that fog wasn't acid, it just leeched the life of every living being it touched, turning their bodies into dust.

Ramen4ever said:
Can someone please post a summary of what's being said? Why did Ganishka try to incinerate Daiba?

Daiba tried to stop Ganishka from destroying his army, asking him why he was trampling his own soldiers. Ganishka didn't even hear what he said, and just considered him "another insect". Daiba then linked him to Shiva, and reflected on how he wants to burn all of the world. After that, Ganishka seems to be coming to himself, but his memory is apparently damaged/gone. He wonders who he is, where Daiba and his armies are, then if somebody is there. Upon seeing the light emanating from Griffith, he says "it is that light that is my..." and that's the end of the episode.

Aazealh said:
Daiba tried to stop Ganishka from destroying his army, asking him why he was trampling his own soldiers. Ganishka didn't even hear what he said, and just considered him "another insect". Daiba then linked him to Shiva, and reflected on how he wants to burn all of the world. After that, Ganishka seems to be coming to himself, but his memory is apparently damaged/gone. He wonders who he is, where Daiba and his armies are, then if somebody is there. Upon seeing the light emanating from Griffith, he says "it is that light that is my..." and that's the end of the episode.

I see. Thx Aaz for the summary.

"it is that light that is my ____" What could we finish the sentence with?
-enemy
-goal
-destination
-opponent
-adversary
etc

I couldn't believe what I was seeing! The Hawk! O shit!

Ramen4ever said:
Why did Ganishka try to incinerate Daiba?
Ganishka hardly knows what he's doing, remember? :miura:

Ramen4ever said:
"it is that light that is my ____" What could we finish the sentence with?
Enemy was the first thing that came to my mind.

Aazealh said:
This episode really has an apocalyptic feel to it. I find it quite amazing. And the Falcon of Light has appeared, ready for the cataclysmal confrontation. It's so grandiose that the final battle of the story might even have a difficult time beating it.
Yes, how could this be topped?

A

avidwriter

Every new episode he seems bigger and more then before. I didn't realize he has more then two "legs". I just hope it's not another month or more break.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
pippin22 said:
I think you summed it up pretty well, Pip. GREAT BALLS O' FAYAH! :troll:

The closeups of Ganishka in this episode were spectacular.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Ganishka's face is terrifying on page 16.

To be honest Bob, I was a little more freaked out by the nostril shot in 15.

If there is any relation between this new form of Ganny and The Idea of Evil, then there could be the possibility that he will say something like "Hey, thats the light that is my bitch."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
avidwriter said:
Every new episode he seems bigger and more then before.

How so? He was already pretty fucking huge the first time around. I didn't notice any significant change.

avidwriter said:
I didn't realize he has more then two "legs".

Hmm, maybe that's because he only has two? :???:

deathbybears said:
If there is any relation between this new form of Ganny and The Idea of Evil, then there could be the possibility that he will say something like "Hey, thats the light that is my bitch."

Sounds just like something he'd say.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, anyone still think that Griffith looks concerned? =)

Speaking of which, another take on Ganishka's words:

"It is that light that is my... Salvation!"

Maybe Ganishka instinctively recognizes his "heavenly reward"; go into the light, my son. :carcus:

Seriously, I am curious how he will identify Griffith at this point. I'm guessing maybe as his God first, but I imagine he'll also recognize him as his enemy and that this is the final confrontation that's his destiny, but then I imagine Griffith will simply embrace him lovingly, culminating with a paternal kiss... like a shotgun blast to the face, which will probably fully bring him back to his senses, before they are no more. =)

S

smoke

This episode made me a little sick to my stomach.

We all knew Griffith was going to be exalted and made a king someday, but seeing it actually unfolding in such a dramatic way is crazy.

Seriously, Midlanders, he's bad news. He look all cool and nice now, but trust me. He's a dick.

Ganishka stomps towards the light at the end of the tunnel!

Reading the translation, Ganishka seems a little plaintive, wondering why he's alone and calling for someone to attend him.

Griffith doesn't look worried in the least; its the same expression that he always paints when is expecting something. Refer back to volume eight, just as Guts' sword is splitting griffith's. That is a face of worry.

WOW, visually stunning, even without the translation (Thank you very much Puella!!) it's melancholic and lonely, I love it! I appeal to you gifted souls out there, do a colored version of the 2-3 page spread, pretty please with sugar on top!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Great episode. Man, I honestly feel sorry for Ganishka at this point, alone, confused and inhuman. And yeah, i do think he sees that light as his salvation/destiny, not as an adversary. We'll find out what happens when he truly realizes what the light represents.

I wonder how Daiba will play out in the future, now that he's lost his faith in Ganishka. Griffith: "Design me an apostle chamber."

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I'm kind of disappointed that Ganishka ended up in this frame of mind. I can understand that it could be seen as the trade off for his enormous physical power, but still I had a feeling he might be a little more cognizant of the situation and show a little more malevolence. Who knows, maybe he will realize what the white hawk is and burn with rage. Something tells me he won't though. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
He seems malevolent enough to me. :ganishka:

I also wouldn't sell his mindfulness of the situation short. I don't think he's simply dazed and confused here, but suddenly on an entirely new plane of existence and perception. He obviously remembers his troops and Daiba, but he doesn't recognize them anymore as he is physically and mentally, and as they are relative to him, because he's right in the sense that they're now just insects to him. On the other hand, I think Griffith is going to make himself a bit more... presentable to Ganishka's current state. =)

Thanks scanbot and Puella too...whatever WOW this episode is gorgeous I don't know who tell it was poetic then I feel the same way ,I dont want to say useless word so I'll just stop here

Top Bottom