Episode 297

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
KazigluBey said:
Who knows, maybe he will realize what the white hawk is and burn with rage.

"White Falcon" is how Griffith is called by people as a general. It's a legacy from the Golden Age days. "Falcon of Light" is a more appropriate denomination here.

PS: The preview is up! :ganishka:

:isidro: :isidro: :isidro:
Holy shit, that was a beautiful episode!
Maybe this has already been discussed but Griffith could've carried the name Lucifer ("light-bringer") pretty well.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
PS: The preview is up! :ganishka:
Yeah, and man this is the second time Ganishka has tried to swat Daiba from his fly ride. Such an ungrateful master. Maybe he'll find another? :griff:

S

Sanguinius

Griffith No More! said:
Speaking of which, another take on Ganishka's words:

"It is that light that is my... Salvation!"

Maybe Ganishka instinctively recognizes his "heavenly reward"; go into the light, my son. :carcus:

Seriously, I am curious how he will identify Griffith at this point. I'm guessing maybe as his God first, but I imagine he'll also recognize him as his enemy and that this is the final confrontation that's his destiny, but then I imagine Griffith will simply embrace him lovingly, culminating with a paternal kiss... like a shotgun blast to the face, which will probably fully bring him back to his senses, before they are no more. =)

My immediate thought was "destruction", but I think Salvation would be a more appropiate fit, it'll be interesting to know what it turns out to be, lets just hope the wait isn't too long.

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN
Thanks for the episode man ...

Poor Ganishka he seems so confused, like an old man that have lost his memory or like a child that play alone and say "hey where are my friends, I want to play but... I'm alone".
So like Griff said:

Griffith No More! said:
Speaking of which, another take on Garnishee's words:

"It is that light that is my... Salvation!"

Maybe Garnish instinctively recognizes his "heavenly reward"; go into the light, my son. :carcus:

I feel that rule the world is less important now for Ganishka maybe cause all is like his army like insects, so insignificant.It is like rule over nothing.

As always I've read all posts in 296 and the speculations were right :ganishka:. Good work guys.

puella

Berserk forever
I can't deny I'm sympathizing with Ganishka, like many of the members here.

But I want to toss a different point of view for this episode. What he's saying can be also interpreted as him feeling very lonely because there's nobody as good/strong as him. They all are worthless to him. Griffith is the only one who is worthy. Basically he wants a real opponent he can fight with. Relating this to his lines a few volumes back, he wants to devastate the beauty, brilliancy, etc. of Griffith which gives him enough reason to be his opponent. I also relate this to one of Rakshas' line. He told Griffith that he was very beautiful and that one day he would take his head.

By the way, I wonder what Ganishka in his current form would think of Guts. I hope he wouldn't just be another insect to him. :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the insight Puella. That does give it a different perspective, and one we've seen in Berserk several times so it fits in nicely even with this extraordinary scene. My only contention with that reading is that Ganishka still seems unaware that he's a giant hell-monster, as far as the dialogue reveals. Im not completely sure he realizes how powerful he truly is. He just seems disoriented.

Oh yeah, and as for Guts, he's completely out of his league for this situation in my opinion.

Hm. From what I gather this can go one of two ways, either Ganishka realizes what's going on and tries fight Griffith, or he keeps being a complete retard and gets killed in one blow.

So, who thinks Ganishka will actually put up a fight? I think he'll just stand there all dumbfounded while Griffith rapiers him. :ganishka:

I hate to be the impatient sounding asshole who asks, but any word on how long this break'll be?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
When no date is listed at the end of the episode, it can really mean anything. We've had it mean anything from it'll be on schedule for next issue, or itll be a few weeks or even months. We'll see.

puella

Berserk forever
Walter said:
Yeah, and man this is the second time Ganishka has tried to swat Daiba from his fly ride. Such an ungrateful master. Maybe he'll find another? :griff:

Poor old man! But he's quite tough, a real die hard. Maybe he'll outlive Ganishka? :daiba:

Walter said:
My only contention with that reading is that Ganishka still seems unaware that he's a giant hell-monster, as far as the dialogue reveals. Im not completely sure he realizes how powerful he truly is. He just seems disoriented.

I think the scene is very complicated. In episode 295, Ganishka said "my arms to destroy/tear off/etc my enemies..." and in 296, "My feet to devastate and crush the enemies". I agree that he is disoriented but I think he can instinctively figure out that his goal is to destroy an enemy, as well as who the enemy is.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
When no date is listed at the end of the episode, it can really mean anything. We've had it mean anything from it'll be on schedule for next issue, or it'll be a few weeks or even months. We'll see.

well considering how much details he puts into mega huge Ganishka it wouldn't surprise me if it'd take him a bit longer to make the next episode. Especially if it's gonna involve a big fight scene or something! anyway great episode again as always. thx scanbot for the episode. I can't wait to see how Griffith is gonna end Ganishka's reign! I just know it's gonna be in an awesome and gorgeous way!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Not enough has been said about Griffith's appearance here yet. The man is sporting WINGS, PEOPLE. And sure, you could argue that's just what Ganishka is seeing and isn't a reliable narrator, but none of his other visions has been distorted, just his perception of them.

And since Ganishka's head is literally in the clouds and the final few pages are of his vision of Griffith, it leads me to believe Griff is actually FLYING above the cloud level to be visible like that. Until now, we've seen a torrential gale coincide with his wishes, arrows hiss by "chance" and his speed in battle, but this is the most outright use of his power we've seen yet. And more is to come, we all know.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:

That would be interesting, and actually I really wonder what's going to happen to him, assuming he doesn't just end up in Rakshas' claws or something similar. Since his defeat in Vritannis he has basically only served the role of commentator for Ganishka's actions, so it'd be like a little come back for him.

pippin22 said:
Hm. From what I gather this can go one of two ways, either Ganishka realizes what's going on and tries fight Griffith, or he keeps being a complete retard and gets killed in one blow.

I don't think Ganishka's going to kneel down or anything like that. He's been quite belligerent so far, and I see no reason for it to change. Let's not forget that as he demanded that somebody appear, he was spitting fireballs all over the place. That being said, I could definitely see him getting killed in a single blow anyway. There's no telling how strong Griffith's attack will be. In any case, I don't see the fight lasting more than 2 episodes given its titanic scale.

Walter said:
Not enough has been said about Griffith's appearance here yet. The man is sporting WINGS, PEOPLE. And sure, you could argue that's just what Ganishka is seeing and isn't a reliable narrator, but none of his other visions has been distorted, just his perception of them.

Well, at most one could say that Ganishka might be seeing the wings through his mind's eye, like the way he saw Griffith made of light in episode 282. But in all honesty I think everybody should be able to see it (assuming the smoke from Ganishka's fire attacks isn't blinding most of the onlookers). Anyway, I think the next step will be for the Falcon of Light to actually appear (meaning the head and body, not only wings) and to strike at Ganishka. It might just be a matter of perspective but it seems that the wings grew in size between the time Ganishka first spotted them and the final panel, so to me it appears that Griffith is literally unfolding his power here.

Walter said:
And since Ganishka's head is literally in the clouds and the final few pages are of his vision of Griffith, it leads me to believe Griff is actually FLYING above the cloud level to be visible like that.

Hmm I don't think so actually. If you look closely in the last panel, you can see the clouds high in the sky, where Ganishka's head still is. The Falcon stands on the ground, and it's the smoke in the foreground (provoked by Ganishka's fireballs) that makes its position confusing.

Walter said:
Until now, we've seen a torrential gale coincide with his wishes, arrows hiss by "chance" and his speed in battle, but this is the most outright use of his power we've seen yet. And more is to come, we all know.

There's also the time he summoned the spirit of his dead soldiers so that their loved ones could see them one last time. But yeah, this is the demonstration of his power we've all been waiting for since the events in Shet.

In the 3rd to last page it does look he could be at cloud level. In the last page it looks like he's below the clouds.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Awesome episode! This one read way too quickly; I was so sad when it was over, haha. The fact that Ganishka is so disoriented makes the situation seem that much more realistic to me. In a typical shonen manga, he would just be the same guy, but with more power. It's this kind of touch that makes Berserk so great.

By the way, where did all the dark clouds gathering around Ganishka's head come from?  Is Griffith gathering them together or is Ganishka unknowingly doing it (I'm betting on Griffith)?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
By the way, where did all the dark clouds gathering around Ganishka's head come from? Is Griffith gathering them together or is Ganishka unknowingly doing it (I'm betting on Griffith)?

No idea. It started in episode 296, but we're not really shown why or how. It could partly be the dust from all the trampling he's been doing, but that doesn't seem right to me. Like you said, I guess he's either gathering them inadvertently (he used to be all about thunderclouds after all) or Griffith is doing it to blind him/make him appear more ominous to observers/anything else. Notice the lightning in the clouds too. I wonder if it isn't hinting at something that's going to happen.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe that's the effect, like ripples on water, when a giant towering hell-monster is thrust into the clouds? Anyway, I think it just looks cool for dramatic effect people :guts:

I keep thinking that Ganishka is as disposable to the GodHand as all the other Apostles are, no matter how big he is :)
Someone here said that Griffith looks concerned... not really, I didn't register any of it from his face... but rest assured, the other God Hand members will be unfazed (I bet they're seeing the whole scene unfolding in their lairs...).

Aazealh said:
Well, at most one could say that Ganishka might be seeing the wings through his mind's eye, like the way he saw Griffith made of light in episode 282. But in all honesty I think everybody should be able to see it

I agree completely.
If we consider the dream sequence that everyone in Wyndham experienced to be quite literal. Then everyone will have to see the spiritual form that Griffith is creating/manifesting. The people have to associate him with the event somehow.

On that note.
I don't think Griffith himself will move. I think only the white falcon will fly through Ganishka while Griffith just remains on his horse. But I guess there's always the possibility that Griffith will remain at the center of that white falcon form and he himself will quite literally fly through Ganishka. Then make a hypersonic fly by of Wyndham tower.. ow wait wrong story.
*Cue Top Gun music*

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dimasok said:
Someone here said that Griffith looks concerned...

No, no one said so, but you're the second person to reply as if it were the case. Griffith No More! just asked if anyone still thought he was looking concerned, a reference to what some people said in the Episode 295 thread.

Ramen4ever said:
I don't think Griffith himself will move. I think only the white falcon will fly through Ganishka while Griffith just remains on his horse. But I guess there's always the possibility that Griffith will remain at the center of that white falcon form and he himself will quite literally fly through Ganishka.

Yeah, I also think he won't physically move, but who knows. At this point anything is possible. And it's "Falcon of Light". :griff:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Anyway, I think the next step will be for the Falcon of Light to actually appear (meaning the head and body, not only wings) and to strike at Ganishka. It might just be a matter of perspective but it seems that the wings grew in size between the time Ganishka first spotted them and the final panel, so to me it appears that Griffith is literally unfolding his power here.

Similar to how he appeared when he cut off Zodd's horn?

Bubbles Float High

God hand, shmod hand..
SWEET.

I agree with an earlier post that no matter how big Ganishka gets I doubt he poses any real threat. The most interesting thing to see is how Griffith performs! In reference to cutting off Zodd's horn, yea it just may be, though we can't know for sure! And that's what I'm excited about!

Will it be on single blow? Will he turn into a falcon? This is potentially seeing what Guts may or may not be pitted against someday! :guts:

Thanks for the real great episode...

Page 16 of Ganny does struck chills down my spine, it really resemble the god from the manga Bastard...

Anyway The next episode we might probably see Ganny kneeling down in front of tiny Griff and bow.... (Unable to resist the temptation of being subdued by Griff)

Am I the only one still hoping that we'll get to see some sort of Ganishka flashback, a glimpse into his rise to power or something. It would be cool if the Falcon of Light was to serve as a focal point for him to get back in touch with his ego and take us on a little stroll down memory lane :ganishka:

We've only every seen one falcon of light. The one that cut of Zodd's horn, appeared in everyones dreams, the one Guts saw during his dream with the beast. The one the Pontiff saw and the one Ganishka and most probably everyone else is seeing right now. It's all the same falcon. After seeing those feathers floating around Griffith, I'm going to predict that this time we will see the falcon in a lot more detail.

Also I think Griffith will do exactly what the dream foreshadowed. The falcon of light will fly straight through Ganishka and take him down in one blow. The question then is how will Ganishka die. Will he have a flashback during his death. Will he just dissipate. Will he get torn inside out like the Count or Wyald. Will the evil he brought go back to the abyss (wherever) or will it remain in the physical world.

Top Bottom