Episode 297

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
KazigluBey said:
Similar to how he appeared when he cut off Zodd's horn?

Yep.

Bubbles Float High said:
I agree with an earlier post that no matter how big Ganishka gets I doubt he poses any real threat.

Independently from the fact Griffith may be able to strike him down with ease, I'd say he does pose quite a serious threat to everything and everyone in the vicinity.

Bubbles Float High said:
Will he turn into a falcon?

I think we already know the answer at this point.

vlad said:
Am I the only one still hoping that we'll get to see some sort of Ganishka flashback, a glimpse into his rise to power or something.

Nah, I still want one too. :void:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Bubbles Float High said:
I agree with an earlier post that no matter how big Ganishka gets I doubt he poses any real threat.

Well when Ganishka goes down that's a whole lot of mass and a whole lot of dark energy that possibly could be unleashed on the world. Whatever consequences that might have would surely make the aftermath of his demise a potential threat.

awesome scale in this episode....

I really hope :griff: doesnt take down :ganishka: in one hit.... it still nettles me that griffth got this godhood pass...he was defeated by guts damnit, then gets the destiny card

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
prawnstyle said:
it still nettles me that griffth got this godhood pass...he was defeated by guts damnit, then gets the destiny card
He always had the "destiny card." And it's like the premise of the whole series so you may want to accept it duder.

prawnstyle said:
I really hope :griff: doesnt take down :ganishka: in one hit....

I think a one hit kill is REALLY likely. Would a drawn out battle between Griffith and Ganishka make Griffith appear more of a god to the people? I don't think so. If Miura wanted to reinforce the idea that Griffith is on a completely different plane of existence from everyone else, disposing of Ganishka without even breaking a sweat would definitely be a successful way to emphasize his godliness.
Or at least thats my take on the matter.

The only purpose in a drawn out battle would be to establish that Griffith is NOT as godly as everyone believes. Which is unlikely.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I think a one hit kill is REALLY likely. Would a drawn out battle between Griffith and Ganishka make Griffith appear more of a god to the people? I don't think so. If Miura wanted to reinforce the idea that Griffith is on a completely different plane of existence from everyone else, disposing of Ganishka without even breaking a sweat would definitely be a successful way to emphasize his godliness.

It doesn't necessarily have to be as clear cut as that though. Arguably, Ganishka himself is now on a whole different level from the rest of the world, so I could see a short struggle taking place before the end. For example: Ganishka attacking, the Falcon fending off his attacks, then launching a deadly counterattack. Or it could simply be that a few attacks will be needed to strike him down. I believe that a few different scenarios are possible here.

Having the fight last a little longer would allow us to see more of Ganishka's new powers, and would maybe show us that Griffith is indeed not completely untouchable. I don't think it'd matter much to onlookers, assuming they can even see the fight clearly with all the smoke and clouds. As long as in the end the giant bird made of pure light defeats the nightmarish colossus they should be happy.

Berserk never lets me down, most things become worse as they drag on but Berserk just gets better. To use the word drag isn't even right. The two page spreads in this and the last episode have been the best I have ever seen in any manga, including all heretofore in Berserk.

D

Duststorm

Wow......I cannoy say what impresses me more the apocalypse scenery or that Miura actually made me feel sorry for that titanic hell monster.

Though I wonder is Griffith is going to rebuild the capital and build his dream castle there?

It seems like Ganishka has already forgotten his transformation. He was at least aware of it initially. I wonder if by his last statement he thinks he's still in that abyss trying to get power, seeing Griffith's image as the source he's trying to reach. This is probably the least likely of the already mentioned implications, though.

Mage said:
It seems like Ganishka has already forgotten his transformation. He was at least aware of it initially. I wonder if by his last statement he thinks he's still in that abyss trying to get power, seeing Griffith's image as the source he's trying to reach. This is probably the least likely of the already mentioned implications, though.

Edit.
Ganishka commented on his trip to the Abyss in Ep 295. I don't think he's still trying to reach power. We can assume that his state of being is beyond his full comprehension. He saw his soldiers and everyone else as insects. When he saw the light (Griffith) he recognized it. He couldn't recognize Daiba or his soldiers or anything else but he recognized Griffith.. or at last what Griffith represents to him. His enemy? salvation? We don't yet know what he currently views him as. However I doubt that Ganishka sees Griffith as the power he is trying to obtain.

First of all hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum.

Rhombaad said:
By the way, where did all the dark clouds gathering around Ganishka's head come from? Is Griffith gathering them together or is Ganishka unknowingly doing it (I'm betting on Griffith)?

Yes I think it's Griffith's doing as well. Remember the dream the children were talking about in episode 291. "A large dark shadow will cover the sun (...) this shadow will be so large that it'll cover the capital (...) the bird will come, then the shining bird will call the storm and the shadow will be blown away"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Duststorm said:
Though I wonder is Griffith is going to rebuild the capital and build his dream castle there?

Yeah, that seems likely. And a new chapter will probably start around that time (meaning it could be very soon).

Aldric said:
First of all hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum.

Hi, welcome to SK.net. :serpico:

Aldric said:
Yes I think it's Griffith's doing as well. Remember the dream the children were talking about in episode 291. "A large dark shadow will cover the sun (...) this shadow will be so large that it'll cover the capital (...) the bird will come, then the shining bird will call the storm and the shadow will be blown away"

Well the problem is that what Elise says is more or less allegoric. Ganishka isn't just a shadow, and the dark clouds forming around him don't look like they will (or even could) "blow him away". Rather, if we look at the illustration for the scene in episode 291, we see the Falcon of Light itself piercing the clouds. I think it's also what's going to happen here. The Falcon will strike down Ganishka, then after that will come a wind that will blow the dark clouds away (or they'll just dissipate, whatever), revealing a beautiful dawn. The dawn of a new world! :griff:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Duststorm said:

Speaking of which, are the apostles just going to become laborers for the new king once this battle ends? I can see it now: All the generals of the New Band of the Hawk in overalls with clipboards in their hands yelling about keeping on schedule with reconstruction.

Seriously though, Griffith just grew wings, fireballs are showering from the sky; every prophecy and premonition is coming true. Every light-hearted joke and serious idea of what will happen seems to be true. At this rate, we might really get the Ganishka flash-back we've all been hoping for! :ganishka:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Okin said:
Speaking of which, are the apostles just going to become laborers for the new king once this battle ends? I can see it now: All the generals of the New Band of the Hawk in overalls with clipboards in their hands yelling about keeping on schedule with reconstruction.

Personally I think Griffith is going to make his generals, governors of various regions or just keep them in charge of the military. Which is just an assumption, but I don't see why he wouldn't. That's a really good question as to what he's going to have the less human looking apostles do as far as the reconstruction period that's going to follow Ganishka's fall.

Something I've been wondering even more is, what is going to happen to Ganishka's corpse? A massive explosion would always be cool or maybe even a massive petrified Ganishka that omits the abyss. I wouldn't even put it past a giant Ganishka tree. Who knows. We're just going to have to wait and see.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
^ I was anticipating more along the lines of Griffith bringing hell on earth and fully ushering in the "Age of Darkness" after he's defeated his last real enemy for the time being. This would be in touch with him bringing forth his other side, the Falcon of Darkness, not like it has to happen right away, but I'd wager sooner or later, once the halcyon days of Ganishka's defeat are over, if there is any.

alright this was a genuinely scary episode, particularly the bit where everything is dark and and ganishka is alone. And then suddenly the falcon of light appears in direct contrast to the darkness. It didn't help that I had spooky ambient music playing in the background, but that bit with the falcon was really...scary.

X

Xem

Simply amazing, as usual. :SK:

Even though it's obviously a lost cause, I still root for mean ol' Ganish! Swat that bird, demon emperor!

While Ganishka's transformation and his confrontration is awesome, he isn't and never was a threat to Griffith, always just a cog fulfilling a role as a stepping stone for Griffith. That much, we pretty much already knew.

But Griffith felt a single sorceress was enough of a threat to have her dealt with both by Zodd and Grunbeld. After he's done with Ganishka, he'll probably shift some focus on Elfhelm. While the prophecy finally being fulfilled is exciting, Elfhelm is really what will be interesting. Guts will have already reached there, hopefully...the subsequent revelations and development will be a turning point in the series, I think. I can't wait.

I keep entertaining the idea of Silat joining Guts...with Ganishka gone and the troops looking well annihilated, this opens up that potential a bit (logistics aside). His conversation with Raban makes it seem unlikely he'll serve Griffith. Daiba, I'm not too sure about...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mage said:
While Ganishka's transformation and his confrontration is awesome, he isn't and never was a threat to Griffith, always just a cog fulfilling a role as a stepping stone for Griffith. That much, we pretty much already knew.
I think it's pretty funny all these posts swearing up and down that Ganishka's not a threat, despite the towering, multi-armed, fire-breathing beast in front of their own eyes wrecking Midland's capital. To quote Flora, "look at the truth before your own eyes - HE IS STILL ALIVE."

But Griffith felt a single sorceress was enough of a threat to have her dealt with both by Zodd and Grunbeld.
Clearly Griffith puts more weight into the threat of Ganishka if he's opposing him personally. He's sent his entire army and the Allied army against Ganishka in Wyndham. Ganishka's no pushover, he's just proved to be easily manipulated so far. And as has been said by myself and other members before, the emperor may yet leave a blight on the world, and possibly even Griffith.

And I'm not so sure about Elfhelm. I can see it both ways: it could be an immediate threat to Griffith after he has the throne, or it'll forever be a safe haven, isolated from the rest of the world.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
I think it's pretty funny all these posts swearing up and down that Ganishka's not a threat, despite the towering, multi-armed, fire-breathing beast in front of their own eyes wrecking Midland's capital.

ganishkamcdonald.jpg

"Am I... an irrelevant joke?"​

Walter said:
I think it's pretty funny all these posts swearing up and down that Ganishka's not a threat, despite the towering, multi-armed, fire-breathing beast in front of their own eyes wrecking Midland's capital. To quote Flora, "look at the truth before your own eyes - HE IS STILL ALIVE."
Clearly Griffith puts more weight into the threat of Ganishka if he's opposing him personally. He's sent his entire army and the Allied army against Ganishka in Wyndham.
True, I didn't consider the fact Griffith didn't deal with Flora himself, which plays down her threat. And yeah, clearly Griffith is the only one remotely capable of dealing with Ganishka, probably even pre-transformation. But it seemed to me that Ganishka's always been a manipulated antagonist so that Griffith can appear to be a savior, which explains Griffith's personal involvement and why he spared him at Vritannis. I hope Ganishka ends up being something more, which I think is likely, but I had the general feeling it would be more of a secondary result on the world from his transformation and demise rather than what he can actually do to Griffith...maybe I'm just giving Griffith too much credit. I guess we'll see soon enough in the next episode, probably.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
All we know for sure is that Miura is always full of surprises, and Griffith's total victory over Ganishka has seemed inevitable for years now. We'll see how smoothly it really plays out.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Hi, first post :guts:

Part of me wishes to agree with the belief of Griffith/Hawk of Light taking down Ganishka in one blow, however I think the fight can't be too onesided because how in the world would Guts stand any chance, unless a). Caska returns to normal, doesn't wish Guts to fight Griffith (Miura forbid), and again Miura forbid he decides not to, or b). Guts gets some new hellified equipment or ability that allows him to fight the supped up Hawk of Light.

Top Bottom