Episode 297

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts intestines said:
b). Guts gets some new hellified equipment or ability that allows him to fight the supped up Hawk of Light.
I think he already has that in the Dragon Slayer. And just because the Falcon of Light could take down Ganishka doesn't necessarily mean Guts has to be that much stronger. Allow me to illustrate.

gutsbetter.jpg

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
I see where your going with this, which is amazing because inequalities have always sent a shiver down my spine. I just wonder if the DS will become even more powered by the apostles that Guts will slay on his journey to Griffith. Then there's Guts inner beast/beast mode which is another wildcard, I'm still waiting for him to transform completely during a battle and maul some apostles face off :chomp:. Oh, wondering if anyone has noticed some similiraties between the last few chapters with Ganishka becoming some apocalyptic super-demon, and the movie Princess Monoke. To me he's current form reminds me of the headless forest spirit in that its a pure instrument of destruction, also he's confusion reminds me of that boar God when it became a demon. If anyone knows the reference I'd like to know your thoughts.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Guts intestines said:
Then there's Guts inner beast/beast mode which is another wildcard, I'm still waiting for him to transform completely during a battle and maul some apostles face off  :chomp:.

Haha, well it's not really a mode and I'm not sure what you mean by "transform completely." The Beast can take control of the Berserk's Armor, which transforms the armor's shape, so are you thinking it might become even more Beast-like if the Beast's influence continues to grow?

Guts intestines

Yeah, I'm thinking along the lines of Guts becoming something completely bestial like when the beast was depicted surrounding him (I think it was when he said his left eye could still remember the things he saw during the eclipse.) or like how it took hold of Casca, I want to see if this is just a symbolic representation or a whole nother entity within Guts that can take form without just "possessing" the Berserker Armor.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Guts intestines said:
Yeah, I'm thinking along the lines of Guts becoming something completely bestial like when the beast was depicted surrounding him (I think it was when he said his left eye could still remember the things he saw during the eclipse.) or like how it took hold of Casca, I want to see if this is just a symbolic representation or a whole nother entity within Guts that can take form without just "possessing" the Berserker Armor.

Gotcha. First, it was his right eye he was referring to. Second, I don't think we'll see Guts physically become the Beast as it's more of an inner manifestation of his rage and hatred rather than an outer one. It's something he needs to conquer inwardly, so I don't think it will become a separate physical entity either.

Guts intestines

I agree, it's just that you never know what type of twist could occur that could somehow give that beast a corporeal form, after Griffiths ascent (or maybe descent) to the form of a GodHand I'm a little cautious before I totally dismiss this as a possibility. We've already seen a man become a GodHand then 2 arcs later (I think) reincarnate back into his former form within the evil-aligned baby that he corrupted as a GodHand. Plus, its not to far out a theory to totally dismiss because I'm pretty sure the beast said that it would not resist being chained up ( I believe it was a reference to Schierke pulling Guts back each time the beast would take control) but instead it would bide its time before it took hold of Guts again, but by its cryptic speech I think it means permanently :beast:.

So Ganiskha picked up fire-breath/spit during the course of tranformation ?

Its funny that he is being compared to a giant tree considering how he is spitting fire.... I guess there isn't any hint to what he is actually made of.. rock or stone perhaps. Has to be something solid...

I think the shot of the farmers looking over and seeing his towering form is just exceptional in getting Ganiskha's size across to the readers...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
MaN said:
I guess there isn't any hint to what he is actually made of.. rock or stone perhaps. Has to be something solid...

He's flesh. That was confirmed when he first emerged.

Hey long time no post :ganishka:

I love the artwork... however I dont like the direction this story seems to be taking. The battle seems it might be too epic... too out of this world, if later battles were to top this one, we would have one of those "He has so much power the whole world will blow up!" type of manga/anime things. Hopefully this battle will probably be a flop, Ganishka will probably dissinigrate or something with Griffith's touch, because it doesn't seem Miura is done showing how super cool he is.

I'm gonna hate the next episode if Miura does another full page drawing of Griffith's beautiful face... :chomp:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Well if the fight ends quickly then it wouldn't necessarily be considered the potentially biggest battle of the Manga. If the fight was drawn out for like 5 episodes (following the most recent one) then I might see it being at that level, but I can't imagine a showdown between Griffith and Ganishka topping any conflicts between Griffith, possibly the God Hand members, all the apostles left, and the "good guys" (I hate that term).

Guts intestines

KazigluBey said:
Well if the fight ends quickly then it wouldn't necessarily be considered the potentially biggest battle of the Manga. If the fight was drawn out for like 5 episodes (following the most recent one) then I might see it being at that level, but I can't imagine a showdown between Griffith and Ganishka topping any conflicts between Griffith, possibly the God Hand members, all the apostles left, and the "good guys" (I hate that term).

Yeah I see the fight as more of a way for Griffith to show off what he can do and also a way he can stretch out his wings as the Falcon of Light.

X

Xem

I've been toying with the idea that maybe Muira won't show the battle between Griffith and Ganishka right away. Leaving it to our imaginations at first doesn't seem so horrible in my opinion. Wouldn't it be interesting if we got a volume or two with Guts and Co., then an epic return to Midland where the world has been turned upside-down? Perhaps somewhere down the road we'd get another big flashback, showing exactly what happened.

I've got this ominous image of Griffith sitting on his throne in my head. All powerful and a bit mysterious, never content with how much he rules, letting us wonder how and why he let it get to that point.

:miura:

Guts intestines

DemonX v.2.0 said:
Hopefully this battle will probably be a flop, Ganishka will probably dissinigrate or something with Griffith's touch, because it doesn't seem Miura is done showing how super cool he is.

I'm gonna hate the next episode if Miura does another full page drawing of Griffith's beautiful face... :chomp:

If Griffith can disinigrate ol' Ganish with just one touch, then I'll shed a tear for when Guts finally has to face him. :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
If Griffith can disinigrate ol' Ganish with just one touch, then I'll shed a tear for when Guts finally has to face him. :judo:
Guts isn't composed of hell flesh, nor is he "of hell" like Ganishka.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Walter said:
Guts isn't composed of hell flesh, nor is he "of hell" like Ganishka.

I think I'll be using that coined term to refer to whatever apostles are made out of from now on.

You know after all this fighting. Even if the DS is getting more powerful, I'm just surprised Guts body isn't just breaking down from stress he's putting on it. I mean yeah, he goats some healing time right now. But a single blow from a apostle shatters bones. Even early in series I can't believe Guts body took so much damage. With stood days without sleep. Whats harder to believe is that a fairy 1/32 of his size can heal him and make it almost all better lol. At this point it seems he really hasn't even battled the tip of the iceburg.

Greatness. :guts:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Off-topic, but oh well.

Even if he has normal scar tissue and bone deformities after all those injuries, its all being over-shadowed by the side effects of the Berserker's Armor ie, his aching joints are suppressed by the numbing of all his senses.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
"How Guts will be if the Elf king heals him?"

Well... I'd want his arm still off. I'd want his white streak of hair intact. I'd like his scars gone. I'd like his beast to be calmed way the F down. I'd like his right eye back. And I'd want him to get some from a revived Casca...

...while Schierke and Farnese watch from the bushes, horribly disappointed.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
"How Guts will be if the Elf king heals him?"

Well... I'd want his arm still off. I'd want his white streak of hair intact. I'd like his scars gone. I'd like his beast to be calmed way the F down. I'd like his right eye back. And I'd want him to get some from a revived Casca...

So basically, you'd like all the consequences of Guts' actions in the past three years to be magically removed. I don't think that's going to happen. Having those repercussions is part of what makes Berserk Berserk, and certainly defines Guts' character.

I don't personally expect a true Deus Ex Machina from Hanafubuku Oh (I really can't wait until he has another, possibly more informal name).

Gobolatula said:
Hehehe, well they should have seen this coming loooong ago.

Top Bottom