Episode 297

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Maybe Guts will end up with a harem. :carcus:

I agree with Walter, though.  I don't think Guts is going to get healed up, although his astral wound might get taken care of by Hanafubuku Oh.  I think the burns will remain, too, but who knows?

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Rhombaad said:
Maybe Guts will end up with a harem. :carcus:

I agree with Walter, though. I don't think Guts is going to get healed up, although his astral wound might get taken care of by Hanafubuku Oh. I think the burns will remain, too, but who knows?

I imagine that some or most of his superficial scars will be healed by H... Oh (damn I'm lazy) but H... Oh probably won't be able to heal the astral wound inflicted by Slan. He'll probably say a wound such as that is beyond even his abilities, though I guess I'm just speculating. Other than that, I think his eye will still be gone as well as his forearm.

Guts' intestines said:
I imagine that some or most of his superficial scars will be healed by H... Oh (damn I'm lazy) but H... Oh probably won't be able to heal the astral wound inflicted by Slan. He'll probably say a wound such as that is beyond even his abilities, though I guess I'm just speculating. Other than that, I think his eye will still be gone as well as his forearm.

I actually think even his astral wounds will be healed to some degree.

The deterioration from the armor will be far more severe and the beast will probably continue to be a problem. The burns and astral wound might even be insignificant compared to the overall price Guts might have to pay for using the armor and for his journey to heal Casca.

Also, I really doubt Miura will actually give Guts a break at Elfhelm. Casca may regain her sanity but I think the happiness of the moment will be short lived. Imo, Guts might be in some serious trouble.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ramen4ever said:
The deterioration from the armor will be far more severe and the beast will probably continue to be a problem. The burns and astral wound might even be insignificant compared to the overall price Guts might have to pay for using the armor and for his journey to heal Casca.

For all we know, Hanafubuku Oh might only be able to heal Casca's mind, and we don't know for sure how he'll do that. Guts' wounds may be permanent at this point, and I almost prefer them to be. They represent what he's sacrificed to make it this far.

Rhombaad said:
For all we know, Hanafubuku Oh might only be able to heal Casca's mind, and we don't know for sure how he'll do that. Guts' wounds may be permanent at this point, and I almost prefer them to be. They represent what he's sacrificed to make it this far.

If he has so many scars though that its difficult to sweat, I don't want to see him limited in his fighting ability because of his wounds. The loss of his arm, actually became a benefit later, the eye loss wasn't really much of a neg to his ability. I want whatever doesn't kill him to make him stronger, not limited.

Rhombaad said:
Guts' wounds may be permanent at this point, and I almost prefer them to be. They represent what he's sacrificed to make it this far.

I don't follow you. Do you really believe Guts' current burn marks are permanent? I REALLY doubt Guts is going to be peeling for the rest of the manga. He's got what, first maybe second degree burns at worst? He might have a mark here or there after the burns if he just healed over time but considering he's even got Puck and Evarella to help him heal. Not to mention Schierke's medicinal and magical healing knowledge. I seriously doubt the new burnt look will be permanent. It might stay for a while but I wouldn't be surprised if the look disappears by the time they get to Elfhelm or sometime during their visit there. As for the astral wound, if Schierke though that Flora could help Guts, I don't see why the legendary Elf king would be unable. If we consider that he's the elf king and that elf's have so far been more or less specialized in healing, well you get the picture. not to mention that there will probably be quite a few magic users on the island as well. I doubt Flora was the only magic user in existence with the potential ability to treat astral wounds.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ramen4ever said:
I don't follow you. Do you really believe Guts' current burn marks are permanent?

Yep, I think everything but the astral wound will remain in some form or another.  His burns may fade as time goes on, but I don't think they'll completely vanish.

Rhombaad said:
Yep, I think everything but the astral wound will remain in some form or another. His burns may fade as time goes on, but I don't think they'll completely vanish.

Those burn "marks" on Guts are actually his skin peeling. Like when someone gets a sunburn. Have you ever had a sunburn that was permanent? I know I haven't.

Has anyone ever thought (i'm sure someone has) about what might happen if Hanafubuku could cure caska's mind in that she can function normally as a healthy adult but that she still doesn't have any memory? Interesting twist if you ask me. Lots of potential development for her as well then just snapping back into her old self and having to cope with all the new events since she's been away.

I've never considered that before reading the few recent posts on this thread. Go me.

Guts intestines

Rhombaad said:
Yep, I think everything but the astral wound will remain in some form or another. His burns may fade as time goes on, but I don't think they'll completely vanish.

I don't see your logic on this one, you think it's more likely that H...Oh can heal astral wounds (inflicted by a member of the Godhand, no less) but the burns of mortal, corporeal flesh would be beyond his ability? As I said before if there's anything he can't heal, it'll probably be his astral wounds.

Jaze1618 said:
Has anyone ever thought (i'm sure someone has) about what might happen if Hanafubuku could cure Casca's mind in that she can function normally as a healthy adult but that she still doesn't have any memory? Interesting twist if you ask me. Lots of potential development for her as well then just snapping back into her old self and having to cope with all the new events since she's been away.

I've never considered that before reading the few recent posts on this thread. Go me.

Well, yes and no. I had thought that there may be a chance that Casca will resent Guts for some of the things he did to her while in her current state. This would be based on her ability to remember things while she is the way that she is, others had said we don't know if she will be able to remember anything if and when she's fixed, so yes it has been brought up before just not as focal point in and of itself.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Guts' intestines said:
I don't see your logic on this one, you think it's more likely that H...Oh can heal astral wounds (inflicted by a member of the Godhand, no less) but the burns of mortal, corporeal flesh would be beyond his ability?  As I said before if there's anything he can't heal, it'll probably be his astral wounds.

When you look at it that way, I guess it doesn't make much sense.  What I'm trying to say is that when they get to Hanafubuku Oh, there might not be anything he can do to further heal the wounds.  Guts is covered in scars, many of which he got after Puck joined him.  Sure, the elves can heal his wounds, but some scars still remain.  His burns are pretty serious, but they're not open wounds anymore, all that's left is scar tissue (at least, that's what it looks like to me).  It looks like the damage is done.  In the end, though, we don't know the extent of Hanafubuku Oh's powers, so no one can say for certain what he can or can't do.  I'm just speculating heavily. :void:

Jaze1618 said:
Has anyone ever thought (i'm sure someone has) about what might happen if Hanafubuku could cure Casca's mind in that she can function normally as a healthy adult but that she still doesn't have any memory?
Guts' intestines said:
so yes it has been brought up before just not as focal point in and of itself.

I've only been here for a few years but it's been brought up since my stay here and I'm quite sure the issue was debated to death back when it was actually a new topic, namely around the time when the episode came out in which SK told Guts that the Elf king might be able to heal Casca's mind. The idea's less then revolutionary. The D.C. game, if we consider it a part of the actual Berserk storyline, may shed some light on Casca's perspective and/or what her disposition will be if and/or after she is sane again.

Here are just a few threads I found in about 5 seconds that may pertain to the subject.
Heck heres a thread from 2006:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=6404.0
2004:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=4669.0
2003:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=1830.0
2001:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=686.0

Rhombaad said:
His burns are pretty serious, but they're not open wounds anymore, all that's left is scar tissue (at least, that's what it looks like to me). It looks like the damage is done.

uhh your killing me over here. Notice how the skin isn't flat like with cut scars. That's peeling skin from the burns. His skin is still in the process of healing. This is not the final look of Gut's skin.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ramen4ever said:
uhh your killing me over here. Notice how the skin isn't flat like with cut scars. That's peeling skin from the burns. His skin is still in the process of healing. This is not the final look of Guts skin.

Gah, I totally forgot about your earlier reply.  You're right, it does look like it's still in the process of healing.

Guts intestines

Ramen4ever said:
Here are just a few threads I found in about 5 seconds that may pertain to the subject.
Heck heres a thread from 2006:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=6404.0
2004:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=4669.0
2003:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=1830.0
2001:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=686.0

uhh your killing me over here. Notice how the skin isn't flat like with cut scars. That's peeling skin from the burns. His skin is still in the process of healing. This is not the final look of Guts skin.

Huh, so I guess it has been a focal point. :serpico:

Rhombaad said:
Gah, I totally forgot about your earlier reply. You're right, it does look like it's still in the process of healing.

Yup, so it's much more likely Oh will be able to heal those wounds, but I do see what your talking about when it comes to the much older wounds, but I think the astral wound(s) better represent the idea of Guts dealing with long lasting damage from his journey, rather than the burns. Other than that, I would agree with anyone who believes that he won't regain his eye and missing part of arm due to the consequences of his travels, hell maybe even that bit of white hair will remain as well.

WaitingForARaise.jpg

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE NEW EPISODE COMING OUT?????

Guts intestines

Walter said:
Seriously, it's only been a month. You need to batten down the hatches man.

OMG! Its only been a month :isidro:?! Wow, I can hold out, but it sure felt a lot longer than that, I'm getting the shakes just waiting.

^
Really?? I actually haven't noticed how long the wait has been. And quite honestly, does it even matter? So long as Miura completely finishes the manga within a reasonable schedule that does not force him to rush his masterpiece, I'll be satisfied. The wait is irrelevant, at least to me.

Ramen4ever said:
So long as Miura completely finishes the manga within a reasonable schedule ...

I think that was Proj2501's concern :???: Lack of a release date, in the past, has meant "hunker down for the long haul".

(Disclaimer: This is a comment, not a complaint so please don't rail on me....)

Late august has been my guess for the next episode since episode 297 was released. I don't expect anything before that. If we don't get anything by October I'm gonna guess we won't se anything until next year. But I think we'll get one more batch of two episodes before next year.

Top Bottom