Episode 297

thesyndrome said:
last year I heard that it was going to focus on those 2 cops investigating spawn cases, so spawn is more of an outside mysterious figure rather than a "LOLOL MACHINEGUNS!" that the first movie went for

take from that what you will

Yea I could see that happening, a Sam and Twitch movie. However I don't see what the point would be, they already have some Ova.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously guys, any more Spawn discussion is going to be immediately deleted. Enough already. Start a thread on the subject in Shootin the Breeze if you feel compelled to help McFarlane milk the franchise. But not on my turf, damnit.

X

Xem

Here's a weird thought.

Is it me or is it oddly coincidental that Griffith is finally about to rise to power and here in the US we're about to have our Presidential Election? Maybe he's trying to time the two to fit together. It might work since everyone's mentality is going to center around a "new leader". :p

I know it sounds silly. And I know Kentarou lives in Japan, not the US. Just a thought. :p

edit: :p <---- this emote looks more like a dead guy than someone being silly. -_-

Deci said:
Here's a weird thought.

Is it me or is it oddly coincidental that Griffith is finally about to rise to power and here in the US we're about to have our Presidential Election? Maybe he's trying to time the two to fit together. It might work since everyone's mentality is going to center around a "new leader". :p

I know it sounds silly. And I know Kentarou lives in Japan, not the US. Just a thought. :p

You don't happen to live in your grandma's basement and spend your time creating conspiracy theories? :ganishka:

Honestly I find it unlikely.. but you never know, maybe the government is paying him to do it. They want the Berserk Fanbase! :miura:

X

Xem

The idea originally came from me when I was explaining to my girlfriend the patience involved in waiting for new episodes. I was trying to give her an idea of how long it might take, and when I said "maybe even November or late October", I instantly made the connection.

Obviously it's a coincidence, not planned. I just find it interesting, and it's really more of a fun guess than anything else. Muira is obviously attuned to current events as it is a part of his influence in story-telling. I'm just curious if the election was somehow involved in that.

:???:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't really call that a coincidence, since... nothing ... really coincides here. It's not like it'll be an election to decide who will rule the country[continent].

However, while we're talking about coincidences, here's a little tidbit. Griffith was reincarnated, beginning the Millennium Falcon Arc, at the turn of the new millennium. Miura wrote that he was proud to have reached the arc just a month into 2001, as that was what he had been aiming for. Pretty cool :serpico:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Deci said:
Here's a weird thought.

edit: :p <---- this emote looks more like a dead guy than someone being silly. -_-

I can't believe you were serious when you said that.

X

Xem

I wasn't serious, it was for fun. As I said.

If you think about it from the perspective of a manga writer it's really not so weird. Especially one that's so influenced by current events.

I'm not saying the election itself is the coincidence, I'm saying a new world leader coming to power is. It just so happens we're about to have a new leader of a super power at the same time a new leader of midland. It is a coincidence. You can't deny that.

Guts intestines

Deci said:

If you think about it from the perspective of a manga writer it's really not so weird. Especially one that's so influenced by current events.

I'm not saying the election itself is the coincidence, I'm saying a new world leader coming to power is. It just so happens we're about to have a new leader of a super power at the same time a new leader of midland. It is a coincidence. You can't deny that.

I get you, and yeah it is a coincidence, I just didn't know you were being serious because it is a little farfetch'd, but I guess I've came up with worse before.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
I wasn't serious, it was for fun.
I wouldn't call this discussion "fun" by any means.

Huh? How is Miura, as a manga writer, influenced by current events? Am I just missing his shout outs to real-world breaking news events in the series?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
When taking a look at Lith's coloring of the farm scene, I noticed that the clouds surrounding Ganishka's head look like ripples in water. I immediately remembered this thread, http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=6256.0, which Walter posted in May of 2006 regarding the correlation of Berserk and water. I wanted to know if anyone thinks this is related and if so, in what ways?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think it's only related in that clouds are composed of moisture :badbone:

I do think it could also be a visual motif for the ripples and chain effect this cataclysmic event will cause. That's just one possible interpretation of it. It could always just be cloud ripples for cloud ripples sake. But yeah, given the theme of water in the Berserk universe, it could well be a subtle addition to that lineup.

For some reason, I think he may finish this story arc at 300. Sounds like a round, clean number to clear this huge event. And then it can go on with the arrival to Puck's home, and (finally!!) some serious character development for Guts and Caska.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JK said:
For some reason, I think he may finish this story arc at 300. Sounds like a round, clean number to clear this huge event.
Round numbers have never served as significant portions of the story arc in Berserk. Sorry, it's just a number.

Guts intestines

Walter said:
Round numbers have never served as significant portions of the story arc in Berserk. Sorry, it's just a number.

Yeah, I think at this point it's nearly impossible to guess when the series will conclude; there's just not enough to base an estimate on, as of now I'm guessing that the trip to Elfhelm will conclude in the upcoming volume, but it could easily be longer. And I know most of us believe that Griffith will be victorious over Ganishka, this will probably be his biggest step towards world domination, but who knows how long it'll be before he has some type of showdown with Guts, and there is still a chance he may not. At this point imo there are too many question marks to start guessing the end of the series, at least for now.

Smartchoy said:
I can´t take it anymore, im getting the effects of berserk withdrawal :judo:

Acute Lack of Berserk Syndrome. ALBS for short. It's quite common and should pass by the next release. The best I can prescribe is re-reading the last few volumes. However side effects may include an increase in your previous symptoms, should this occur, your best bet is to try an alternative manga medicine like Vagabond.

Best of luck

~Dr. Ramen

P.S don't overdose on your daily manga intake, it can reduce your sperm count. :isidro:

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Ramen4ever said:
Acute Lack of Berserk Syndrome. ALBS for short. It's quite common and should pass by the next release. The best I can prescribe is re-reading the last few volumes. However side effects may include an increase in your previous symptoms, should this occur, your best bet is to try an alternative manga medicine like Vagabond.

Hmm, it sure does feel like a very bad Albtraum (german for nightmare).^^
Seriously though, i haven't read anything related to Berserk for almost half a year now and it feels SOOO good to finally get back to it. It's good to see that this site always seems to stay the same.^^

Ramen4ever said:
P.S don't overdose on your daily manga intake, it can reduce your sperm count. :isidro:

....uh oh..

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
Deci said:

If you wanted to you could make lots of worthless corelations between billions of things with lousy justifications for connections.
But how about not gracing us with them.
Just a thought.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
If you wanted to you could make lots of worthless corelations between billions of things with lousy justifications for connections.
But how about not gracing us with them.
Just a thought.

Funkmasta you seem to suffering from ALBS as well... of course one of the most obvious signs of this syndrome is hightened irritability and lashing out at fellow skullies in frustration.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Well, I think it's only related in that clouds are composed of moisture :badbone:

Har har. :guts:

Walter said:
I do think it could also be a visual motif for the ripples and chain effect this cataclysmic event will cause. That's just one possible interpretation of it. It could always just be cloud ripples for cloud ripples sake. But yeah, given the theme of water in the Berserk universe, it could well be a subtle addition to that lineup.

The first thing I thought of, besides your thread, was the "primordial waters" in the Abyss. I doubt it's going to start raining beherits, but it could have something to do with the physical merging of the worlds, if that's what is going to happen as a result of the current battle.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Death May Die said:
Yeah? In the Manga, when Griffith saw the abyss, was the raining Beherits support to be literal or was it suppost to be a Illusion?

I took it to be literal, and it wasn't really raining, they were kind of floating up from the Abyss.

X

Xem

Walter said:
Huh? How is Miura, as a manga writer, influenced by current events? Am I just missing his shout outs to real-world breaking news events in the series?

No one said anything about "shout outs", but is this not being influenced by current events?

"When you're a cartoonist and working at home you sit at your desk pretty much all day. You get most of your information about the world from the news on TV. I think that's how most cartoonists spend their days. And then I start to see the whole picture of my point of view towards all the problems that are happening in the world."

Top Bottom