Episode 297

Walter said:
http://www.skullknight.net/images/eps.html

Miura's release schedule dating back to ep 200.

Hmm looking at the list.. the frequency of breaks has increased, especially in the last couple of years.

:miura: --> Burn out ??!

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
MaN said:
Hmm looking at the list.. the frequency of breaks has increased, especially in the last couple of years.

When you're successful you can take as much time as you want off.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Black_Devil said:
And the people whining about the whiners. He just asked a harmless question, which Aaz answered. :schierke:

You're right, that was uncalled for, but was actually aimed more at the topic in general than that guy's question in particular, I just borrowed the phrasing since it was the last word on the subject. Also, I don't see what whining about the "whining" about the whining, days afterward, accomplishes either. Last I checked, we don't have an ombudsman. =)

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
MaN said:

Nah, just a creative pause of many. He needs that time to bring us an incredible piece of art and we should all be thankful for that! :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SimplyEd said:
Nah, just a creative pause of many. He needs that time to bring us an incredible piece of art and we should all be thankful for that! :badbone:

Actually, since he's had health problems a little while back, I wouldn't be surprised if he was sparing himself the hectic work rhythm he followed most of his life. We were actually repeatedly warned that publication wouldn't be steady, for those that remember. Which doesn't mean that he's not working on Berserk one way or another, but most likely at a more tranquil pace. You guys have to keep in mind that we're at a major turn in Berserk. With Guts soon arriving in Elfhelm and Griffith taking over the world after a titanic fight, there is a lot of things to devise plot-wise.

Aazealh said:
We were actually repeatedly warned that publication wouldn't be steady

Actually, I am in awe of his motivation as I feel that any normal person would be tired of a project that he started 5-10 years (?) ago. Putting myself in his shoes. I feel that I would most certainly feel some urgency to finish the manga but I am sure his need for perfection hold him back from it.

Aazealh said:
With Guts soon arriving in Elfhelm and Griffith taking over the world after a titanic fight, there is a lot of things to devise plot-wise.

Aaz you seem to have assumed that Guts is going to reach Elfhelm soon.... I think soon is 'relative'. It could easily be another year if he wanted it to be so.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Griffith No More! said:
You're right, that was uncalled for, but was actually aimed more at the topic in general than that guy's question in particular, I just borrowed the phrasing since it was the last word on the subject. Also, I don't see what whining about the "whining" about the whining, days afterward, accomplishes either. Last I checked, we don't have an ombudsman. =)

Rofl, touche' Griffith. :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
Actually, I am in awe of his motivation as I feel that any normal person would be tired of a project that he started 5-10 years (?) ago.

More like 20 years. Anyway, it's true being a mangaka is very consuming, but hey, they do what they love.

MaN said:
Aaz you seem to have assumed that Guts is going to reach Elfhelm soon.... I think soon is 'relative'. It could easily be another year if he wanted it to be so.

You're the one assuming what "soon" means in the context. ;) It has been 7 years since the journey to Elfhelm began, so considering the currently erratic publication, a year would be quite soon I think.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
You guys have to keep in mind that we're at a major turn in Berserk. With Guts soon arriving in Elfhelm and Griffith taking over the world after a titanic fight, there is a lot of things to devise plot-wise.
I was speaking with a good friend of mine about this the other day. I think the infrequent pace of the releases has actually hurt our perception of the true magnitude of the events here. Those following along episode-by-episode are seeing it through a narrow tube, whereas if you're reading it volume to volume, you can see and process the full scope - which is huge.

It's no different a scenario than we've had countless times before, but now, with shit actually going down, it's affecting our perception, I think. And that sucks, but there's no real way around it for us junkies.

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
During the long waitings for the new berserk episodes i endure with claymore and
during the long waitings for the claymore releases i endure with naruto and bleach.
Quality allways seems to have its price. Claymore is at the moment at chapter 83
and berserk has far more progressed and so it should be more difficult to develope.
As long as i get quality in the end i can take my time.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Feanor said:
During the long waitings for the new berserk episodes i endure with claymore and
during the long waitings for the claymore releases i endure with naruto and bleach.
Quality allways seems to have its price. Claymore is at the moment at chapter 83
and berserk has far more progressed and so it should be more difficult to develope.
As long as i get quality in the end i can take my time.

Ah, Claymore.
I used to do a lot of stuff for that series. Good times, i have to say. It seems its now on a monthly release per episode...which is still a long "cool-down time" between the events. *sigh*

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
well I endure the wait with something like 20-25 different comic book release so the wait don't really bother me! I have enough to read...  :guts:

when is it coming out again?! hahaha joking

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Every time I see the "NEW POST" icon lit up in the "New Episodes" forum, I pray there's news. And yet... no. Oh fuck I'm whining again. SHIT.

Maybe we should talk about the episode or just shut up until someone steps up with news. Wait, nevermind that's boring and dumb.

I say we all send letters to Miura saying how much we want to hug him and give him a shoulder massage. And enclose a fan-art drawing of Schierke throwing hand grenades at The Godhand. Anyone have his address? I'm seriously gonna do this. :schierke: :void:

We should probably lock this thread, honestly. It's just people saying 'oh em gee new episode when?????1'

If an update appears on YA's site or someone has something concrete, it will appear here pretty damned fast.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cronus said:
We should probably lock this thread, honestly. It's just people saying 'oh em gee new episode when?????1'

If an update appears on YA's site or someone has something concrete, it will appear here pretty damned fast.
Nah, on the off chance people actually have something to say about the current episode/arc, this is the place to voice it.

On a somewhat related note, this will be the 14th week without an episode. 16 is the current record (in the past 6 years anyway).

C

cajunman380

On the episode. I really want to know where Ganishka gets all of his knowledge from. I mean to have a machine that can give him that kind of power. Either he had a powerful teacher or he stumbled across some info that gave him this knowledge.

Top Bottom