Episode 297

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
cajunman380 said:
On the episode. I really want to know where Ganishka gets all of his knowledge from. I mean to have a machine that can give him that kind of power. Either he had a powerful teacher or he stumbled across some info that gave him this knowledge.
Just from the dialogues we've seen of him, Ganishka strikes me as a mad scientist, of sorts. My thought has always been that he figured everything out himself through experimentation. He certainly looks down on average Apostles and feels superior to them, which leads me to believe he's obtained some kind of special knowledge.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
This may fall more in the speculation nation but screw it.. I am wondering if there will be a bit of a impasse between Griffith and good old Idea of Evil.

So when Griffith is done conquering the world and he sits there doing his thing, what is going to happen if the Idea of Evil communicates with him on the next phase which Griffith may not want to do?

Obviously I am totally pulling this out of my ass and iv long given up on trying to guess what these authors are going to do next but just putting that out there.

Also if Griffiths resurrection only happens once every 1000 years, then someone must have stopped it since well, the world hasn't been over run by demons completely.

Also I just want to see all the cool fight scenes and mass carnage that are going to be transpiring within these future episodes. :zodd:

D

DemiAngel

Wow guys! :isidro:

I've been out of the loop for almost 3 months and no sign of a new episode? What the hell?

Have Miura abounded us? :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
You know it's bad when you start to have serious aboundonment issues with a series.

The rest of us must have stalkhome sindrum. :troll:

Walter said:
Nah, on the off chance people actually have something to say about the current episode/arc, this is the place to voice it.

On a somewhat related note, this will be the 14th week without an episode. 16 is the current record (in the past 6 years anyway).

That record would be broken... There is no news at all for the upcoming episode... And it take 2 weeks for YA to release right?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
That record would be broken... There is no news at all for the upcoming episode... And it take 2 weeks for YA to release right?

YA comes out every second and fourth friday of the month. And I hope no one's expecting an episode for this month anymore, because it's not happening.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
And I hope no one's expecting an episode for this month anymore, because it's not happening.

I wasn't for sure. Anyway I'm gonna occupy myself with volume 25 in English that's suppose to come out next week. So I'll have my "fix" hehe

The next episode better feature Guts and Caska doing the dirty on top of some crates. Then, just as Guts EXPLODES, a fish had damn well better hop on board and flop around.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
sk.gif

"MAYBE YOU ARE LIKE A FISH FLOPPING ON THE DECK OF A SHIP AFTER A MAN'S HEAD EXPLODES."

BiQ_

" ... "
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
So when Griffith is done conquering the world and he sits there doing his thing, what is going to happen if the Idea of Evil communicates with him on the next phase which Griffith may not want to do?

That would be rather interesting, since it would be a rather drastic detour of episode 83 and Idea of Evil's "Do as you will Chosen one" speech. Not to mention a kind of letdown IMHO. Honestly, I think that in the event Griffith does not want to make the world a living hell for all humans the apostles are going to try to do it anyway. Apostle riot?

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
BiQ-- said:
Honestly, I think that in the event Griffith does not want to make the world a living hell for all humans the apostles are going to try to do it anyway. Apostle riot?
Although most of the big-wig apostles under Griffith's band don't seem all that interested in random massacres, either... the grunts, maybe, but not the guys with names. :daiba:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Graywords said:
Although most of the big-wig apostles under Griffith's band don't seem all that interested in random massacres, either... the grunts, maybe, but not the guys with names.  :daiba:
Yeah. They're tragically flawed in that regard. They'll just have to die  :ganishka:

I'm very, so very interested to see what Rakshas really looks like. I don't have any doubt that he will try and take Griffith's head. Who knows, maybe he'll make his move, Griffith will make quick work of him and as he dies his mask will fall off.

IDK. Speculation Nation. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BiQ-- said:
That would be rather interesting, since it would be a rather drastic detour of episode 83 and Idea of Evil's "Do as you will Chosen one" speech. Not to mention a kind of letdown IMHO.

Most of all though it seems quite unlikely to me. I can't quite see the Idea of Evil sending a memo to Griffith saying "Ok, now you kill everyone" to his surprise and dismay.

BiQ-- said:
Honestly, I think that in the event Griffith does not want to make the world a living hell for all humans the apostles are going to try to do it anyway. Apostle riot?

I'm stating the obvious here but it'll be interesting to see what they do once the war's over. An army's already hard to maintain peacefully for long while it isn't fighting or travelling to fight somewhere, so an army of monsters...

Proj2501 said:
I'm very, so very interested to see what Rakshas really looks like. I don't have any doubt that he will try and take Griffith's head. Who knows, maybe he'll make his move, Griffith will make quick work of him and as he dies his mask will fall off.

Yeah, that line of his sure as hell is mystifying. I'm wondering if he'll ever have the opportunity to strike at Griffith, assuming he really meant to (I mean he must know he can't do it, right?), and if so, how it'll turn out. Maybe he'll give it a shot after the war's over and will just leave after failing? Hard to say. As for what he looks like, probably something not pretty. :ganishka: We already know he's got 3 eyes, so right now I'm imagining his face as completely inhuman, maybe with arachnidian features. But the thing is, whatever he is, I'm already sure it'll be cool as hell. :guts:

KazigluBey said:
I'm curious if this inspired Miura when he was thinking up the Rakshas character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakshasa

While the character itself has little to do with the mythological creatures, it's pretty obvious that it's where the name comes from (keeping with the Indian tones Miura applies to the Kushans as a whole). Note that the spelling isn't exactly the same though.

Judo

Midlands finest
do I get this one right? the release of volume 33 is actually just 3 weeks ahead?

http://www.s-book.net/plsql/net_isbn?isbn=9784592144335

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:
do I get this one right? the release of volume 33 is actually just 3 weeks ahead?

http://www.s-book.net/plsql/net_isbn?isbn=9784592144335

Yup. It seems like they've decided to release it regardless of the prepublication's stagnancy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:
Awesome, still no cover though. We traditionally don't get to see that until a few days before its release. :judo:

BTW, it's now officially a new record for longest wait between a release.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Walter said:
BTW, it's now officially a new record for longest wait between a release.
Miura is sitting on a beach, staring at a sunset, smiling. He's got his little sketch pad in hand and he's drawing sea gulls that are pecking at the sand for food.

He will yawn, sip up the rest of his Sapporo, and fold up his beach chair. As he walks barefoot back to his car, he'll notice a pretty girl walking past him in the opposite direction. He'll give her a polite smile.

Our good friend Kentarou Miura will drive home, playing with the radio dial and find a Bangles song that happens to be one of his guilty pleasures. He'll walk back to his room, take a look at an object that he once remembered but can't name now. He'll glare and glare. "PENCIL!!!!" He'll shout out loud, collapsing to the floor with his palm on his forehead. He'll quiver and gasp as if he's suddenly at the North Pole.

He'll leap up, grab the pencil and peek at a piece of paper that's been sitting on his table for months. It has 3 comic panels, taking up an entire comic page. The first panel is giant tree Ganishka. The second panel is Griffith, looking upwards, menacingly, in his armor. The third panel is blank.

"Think, Miura, think," he'll think.

After a five minute pause, he'll lift up his pencil and, in the 3rd panel, draw one of those stupid birds he saw on the beach and write the words "Haawke of le33t."

Then he'll think, "That was fuckin' MONEY."

Fin.

P.S. I hope all is well with him and he busts out some awesome stuff at his own pace. And I hope his slaves help him out too.

I wonder if Miura is up to something with those long breaks this year, it would be nice to know if hes involve in some sort of project perhaps a Berserk movie?

Btw does he have a blog?

Top Bottom