Skull Knight used to be a God Hand

Dante Greystone

Hail to the King Baby!
So it implied that King Gaseric is the Skull Knight. Now during the time Guts and company rescued Griffith from the dungeon there was talk about how midland got its name and how there were 4 angels who destroyed the city.,Jodo I believe it was said it was 5 but someone corrected him in saying 4 but when you see the picture of the angles destroying the city there are 5 of them. Then you see all the bodies with The Brand on them makes me think Gaseric sacrificed them to become the 5th God Hand ater he discoverd that the Armor was destroying him. This is all I got because why would he leave? There must have been some falling out among them, this could explain why he knows so much about the God Hand. Its just a theory so what do you think and if this is a repost sorry Im new.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This theory is even more ancient than the skullknight.net domain and holes have been shown in it countless times. Use the search feature to find more threads like this. You may want to limit your search to between the years 1770-1831 due to the age of the posts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dante Greystone said:
when you see the picture of the angles destroying the city there are 5 of them.

Actually, from memory there are only 4 angels in the picture. Not that it proves anything in particular anyway, as it's only meant to illustrate the tale and not the actual events as they really happened.

Dante Greystone said:
Then you see all the bodies with The Brand on them makes me think Gaseric sacrificed them to become the 5th God Hand ater he discoverd that the Armor was destroying him. This is all I got because why would he leave?

His name's spelled Gaiseric. Anyhow, that explanation of yours seems a bit convoluted considering SK's current situation. Wouldn't it be more logical to think he switched the Berserk's armor for another (the one he's still using) and never ceased to oppose the God Hand?

actually Aaz I just re read book 9 two days ago and there are 5 angels. I never noticed the one in the upper right quadrant of the page on the right. Any one else Know what I'm talking about?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
actually Aaz I just re read book 9 two days ago and there are 5 angels. I never noticed the one in the upper right quadrant of the page on the right. Any one else Know what I'm talking about?
Not in volume 9, no.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:

It's in volume 10, but you're right. Don't know why I couldn't remember that little bugger all of a sudden. Well, my point still stands anyway: that illustration doesn't mean much.

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
Aazealh said:
It's in volume 10, but you're right. Don't know why I couldn't remember that little bugger all of a sudden. Well, my point still stands anyway: that illustration doesn't mean much.

It is somewhat interesting, though. Since the thought is that SK is a sacrifice - likely that of Void, who is believed to be the first God Hand - then who did the sacrificing? Do the "angels" transcend time, with the exception of their own rebirth?

I actually don't think Skullknight was a sacrifice.
I'm having a strange theory rolling around in my head but at the moment its a complicated mess, so I'll refrain from sharing it in too much detail.
Something along the lines of where the brand originated from. So far only Void has ever cast the brand onto others. I'm lead to believe that he was a either a magic user or a religious figure in his original life. And the brand was not originally a mark of sacrifice but a mark for his religion or maybe his beliefs. His followers wore the symbol as a sign. Then maybe when Gaiseric had him tortured, he prayed or "offered" those with the symbol of his faith or ideals as sacrifices. For whatever purpose. Becoming immortal.. or maybe for the strength to destroy Gaiseric's empire. At which point maybe those once harmless symbols seared into the peoples skin and the life was literally drained out of them.

Meh its got it's fair share of holes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
einherjar said:
Since the thought is that SK is a sacrifice

That passage in the story only shows that people were sacrificed at the time, apparently en masse and in an organized fashion. That SK was sacrificed by Void at some point is only speculation, though some elements in the story do tend to hint at it.

einherjar said:
Void, who is believed to be the first God Hand - then who did the sacrificing? Do the "angels" transcend time, with the exception of their own rebirth?

That's a good question, to which we just don't have an answer at this point in time. I don't think the members of the God Hand transcend time though, nothing has ever pointed to something of the sort so far.

Ramen4ever said:
I'm lead to believe that he was a either a magic user or a religious figure in his original life.

Well, we can assume that he was the famed wise man.

Ramen4ever said:
And the brand was not originally a mark of sacrifice but a mark for his religion or maybe his beliefs. His followers wore the symbol as a sign. Then maybe when Gaiseric had him tortured, he prayed or "offered" those with the symbol of his faith or ideals as sacrifices. For whatever purpose. Becoming immortal.. or maybe for the strength to destroy Gaiseric's empire. At which point maybe those once harmless symbols seared into the peoples skin and the life was literally drained out of them.

Meh its got it's fair share of holes.

There isn't a theory that hasn't got holes into it when it comes down to those events. We just don't have enough information, and what we have isn't necessarily reliable, so it can't be helped. I for one don't dislike the general idea of what you just said. :void:

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
Aazealh said:
That passage in the story only shows that people were sacrificed at the time, apparently en masse and in an organized fashion. That SK was sacrificed by Void at some point is only speculation, though some elements in the story do tend to hint at it.

I guess I read too much into it, I thought the piles of branded remains implied an Occultation :void:

Aazealh said:
That's a good question, to which we just don't have an answer at this point in time. I don't think the members of the God Hand transcend time though, nothing has ever pointed to something of the sort so far.

Just to clarify, my meaning of "transcend time" was that barring the time of ceremony of their own rebirth, the God Hand exist "in a remote hell," and thus are able to act - perform sacrifices, at least - outside of their own chronology. Causality at its finest, eh? To be your own antecedent?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
einherjar said:
I guess I read too much into it, I thought the piles of branded remains implied an Occultation :void:

Well that's a possibility, but it doesn't prove anything as far as SK is concerned.

einherjar said:
Just to clarify, my meaning of "transcend time" was that barring the time of ceremony of their own rebirth, the God Hand exist "in a remote hell," and thus are able to act - perform sacrifices, at least - outside of their own chronology.

Yeah, that's how I had understood it.

einherjar said:
Causality at its finest, eh? To be your own antecedent?

That would pretty much break the principle. Being your own antecedent goes against the very idea of causality.

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
Aazealh said:
Well that's a possibility, but it doesn't prove anything as far as SK is concerned.

No, but it's said that the lowest level (where the remains were) dates to at least the time of Gaiseric. So if Gaiseric is SK, and there was an occultation during his time, and his rule was ended... Is it too much to infer that the three are linked?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
einherjar said:
No, but it's said that the lowest level (where the remains were) dates to at least the time of Gaiseric. So if Gaiseric is SK, and there was an occultation during his time, and his rule was ended... Is it too much to infer that the three are linked?

Aazealh said:

There are actually threads on the subject where this is discussed thoroughly, and in which details you probably haven't thought of (like the way all the skulls are Branded on the forehead, which isn't how things went during Griffith's occultation) are also considered. I recommend you to check them out, because we're not really on topic anymore here.

Top Bottom