Author Topic: I got a beef with Conrad  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Dante Greystone

• Of the World
  • Hail to the King Baby!
I got a beef with Conrad
« on: June 15, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »
Seriously what the hell man? All those cool names then this guy, I don't care if Miura was doing it to be funny he dropped the ball on this one. I mean imagine your there about to be sacraficed because your friend or whatever is being to much of a whiny emo baby to suck it up and the God Hand appears. You here there voices as there rise from the darkness Void, Ubik, Slan, Femto, Conrad. It jsut dosnt seem right it ruins the suspence and now its not so scary. Oh no evil god Conrad is going to eat my immortal soul. Not a lot of threat there hu? Any else agree?
There comes a time when even gods must die.

Offline Ramen4ever

Re: I got a beef with Conrad
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 07:38:33 PM »
The names never really bothered me. For me it was the similar designs between Conrad and Ubik. They look a bit alike. Their both bald, have puffyish cheeks. They both put their hands together in front of them. I prefer the other god hand members for their very contrasting / different looks.

Offline Shouki Slann

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »
Well the saying goes, "What's in a name"
I mean, the name Femto is not really intimidating either though, makes me think of girly feet, feminine toes...Femto...
None of the names are really intimidating honestly except maybe void.
Slan and Ubik, i don't know if thats where Miura got the idea but both of those are from old school sci-fi novels. Maybe their names will make more sense if we're ever given backstory on them, but if you're an evil demon, you don't really need a hardcore name; your evilness just speaks for itself.
Miserable people need something even more miserable than themselves
     ~Elfen Lied

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »
Conrad is actually my favorite name of the five.  It reminds me of Joseph Conrad which, in turn, reminds me of Heart of Darkness.  Anything even remotely related to Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now is awesome in my book.

Offline KazigluBey

• AKA CrazyGlueGuy
  • Of the Interstice
  • Misanthrōpos
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 12:03:55 AM »
I'll wait to pass judgment on anything related to the God Hand until after we get a decent back story on the individual members.
Now I ride with the mocking and friendly ghouls on the night wind
And play by day in the catacombs
I know that light is not for me, save that of the moon
Yet in my new wildness and freedom I welcome the bitterness of alienage
For I know always that I am an outsider...an outsider...stranger in this century...for a time
A stranger among those who are still...men

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 07:29:57 AM »
Seriously what the hell man? All those cool names then this guy

What's wrong with it? It's actually more of a name than any of the others. Do you just dislike the name itself?

I mean imagine your there about to be sacraficed because your friend or whatever is being to much of a whiny emo baby to suck it up

That summary sure helps bring your opinion into perspective.

Slan and Ubik, i don't know if thats where Miura got the idea but both of those are from old school sci-fi novels.

Yes, they're from the famous novels.

Offline einherjar

• Of the Interstice
  • The Glorious Dead
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 01:29:53 AM »
I mean, the name Femto is not really intimidating either though, makes me think of girly feet, feminine toes...Femto...

Yeah, it's actually an SI prefix... one-quadrillionth... one-quadrillionth as hot as Slan:ganishka:

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 02:57:21 AM »
Conrad is actually my favorite name of the five.  It reminds me of Joseph Conrad which, in turn, reminds me of Heart of Darkness.  Anything even remotely related to Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now is awesome in my book.

Same here. Your opinion couldn't be more correct!