I got a beef with Conrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante Greystone

Hail to the King Baby!
Seriously what the hell man? All those cool names then this guy, I don't care if Miura was doing it to be funny he dropped the ball on this one. I mean imagine your there about to be sacraficed because your friend or whatever is being to much of a whiny emo baby to suck it up and the God Hand appears. You here there voices as there rise from the darkness Void, Ubik, Slan, Femto, Conrad. It jsut dosnt seem right it ruins the suspence and now its not so scary. Oh no evil god Conrad is going to eat my immortal soul. Not a lot of threat there hu? Any else agree?

The names never really bothered me. For me it was the similar designs between Conrad and Ubik. They look a bit alike. Their both bald, have puffyish cheeks. They both put their hands together in front of them. I prefer the other god hand members for their very contrasting / different looks.

Well the saying goes, "What's in a name"
I mean, the name Femto is not really intimidating either though, makes me think of girly feet, feminine toes...Femto...
None of the names are really intimidating honestly except maybe void.
Slan and Ubik, i don't know if thats where Miura got the idea but both of those are from old school sci-fi novels. Maybe their names will make more sense if we're ever given backstory on them, but if you're an evil demon, you don't really need a hardcore name; your evilness just speaks for itself.

Conrad is actually my favorite name of the five. It reminds me of Joseph Conrad which, in turn, reminds me of Heart of Darkness. Anything even remotely related to Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now is awesome in my book.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I'll wait to pass judgment on anything related to the God Hand until after we get a decent back story on the individual members.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dante Greystone said:
Seriously what the hell man? All those cool names then this guy

What's wrong with it? It's actually more of a name than any of the others. Do you just dislike the name itself?

Dante Greystone said:
I mean imagine your there about to be sacraficed because your friend or whatever is being to much of a whiny emo baby to suck it up

That summary sure helps bring your opinion into perspective.

Shouki Slann said:
Slan and Ubik, i don't know if thats where Miura got the idea but both of those are from old school sci-fi novels.

Yes, they're from the famous novels.

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
Shouki Slann said:
I mean, the name Femto is not really intimidating either though, makes me think of girly feet, feminine toes...Femto...

Yeah, it's actually an SI prefix... one-quadrillionth... one-quadrillionth as hot as Slan! :ganishka:

Oburi

All praise Grail
El Gaucho Rojo said:
Conrad is actually my favorite name of the five. It reminds me of Joseph Conrad which, in turn, reminds me of Heart of Darkness. Anything even remotely related to Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now is awesome in my book.

Same here. Your opinion couldn't be more correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom