Do the new hawks symbolize characters of the old hawks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kossoff

It's high time Cymbaline.
Hi this is my first post. so sorry if this topic is very well conceived.
I've been curious for awhile now how the new band of the members could symbolize the presence of the old ones.

For example i've always considered Zodd to be most like guts, not just cause he a powerful fighter, but to how he came to be within the band he's the only one that Griffith fought (even if it was in a dream) to be under his command.
I also see Grunbeld to be most like Pippin, because of how he's the strong silent type and also much taller than any of the other members.
I'll leave the rest to be debated and i hope to see some interesting ideas.

Hi and welcome to SK.net :serpico:

This thread will probably get moved to speculation nation and I'll state now that I have absolutely no faith in these comparisons abilities to hold up.

However since I have no intention of bashing,
Locus = Judo. They both follow(ed) someone thats better then them in ability.
Sonia = Casca They both care(d) about Griffith despite Griffith having to marry Charlotte.
Irvine = Rickert? not really, more like Pippin (the quiet type)
Rakshas = Corkus? not really but I suppose they are alike because they both had relatively long leashes, as in they did whatever they wanted.

Personally I think that each character Miura creates is unique and that these comparisons will most often be limited to one or maybe two similar characteristics.

Kossoff

It's high time Cymbaline.
I have read the series and i do realize the characters within are all unique even the background characters seemed to share that fact.
But the point i'm trying to get is if there a symbolicness to any of the new hawks that you can read into. It doesn't have to be anything as solid as what i said and because its just a topic you can interpret it as you wish and give your opinion does'nt matter if it gets to any real answer or not.
I was just curious to how other people saw it. But thanks for welcoming and stating how you felt.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
When the Neo Hawks first appeared, that's how many initially viewed them, but it's really not the case at all. Any resemblance is just wishful thinking.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard Kossof. :serpico:

Kossoff said:
I also see Grunbeld to be most like Pippin, because of how he's the strong silent type and also much taller than any of the other members.

I don't think Grunberd is all that silent really, in fact he gets quite talkative at times. He can't be compared to Pippin in that regard (Irvine would be more fitting, like Ramen4ever said). Anyway, I'll have to agree with Walter here. There might be some similarities here and there (the strongest case being between Guts and Zodd, IMHO), but overall I don't think any of it holds up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom