Pre-order of New item: “ZODD: REVELATIONS”(1/10 Scale)

Actually, HIT, yours doesn't look as pale as I imagined. Of course, it could be just your picture, but mine is by far paler. It's like there is no color on him whatsoever. Practically white. I should be able to take some pics this weekend.

Drakull said:
Yes, the skin color is paler than the pics before released, I agree with you, but who cares ~, prototypes is sometimes different from the real statue, and I repeat, the pic is taken in the dark

For mine, it's not just the fact the skin tone is different, but it's that the details in the skin are so washed out. For such an expensive price, the skin could have used a lot more work. It's honestly, quite poor in my opinion.

I remember when I first bought the Black Swordsman: Episode of Birth Feast statue, I had 4 of them, and some of them (the later numbers like 1500 and up) were SO DARK. Guts looked as dark as Casca. It took me a few tries until finally I got the bloody one (a low number) where his skin was the right tone. So it's definitely true that each statue can very well be different...

the picture is zoomed close and there is not much light.

but fact is that when you look at it in the display case from 1 or 2 meters away it is "white pale" -> that doesn't match for this zodd posing

... and whats bothering me most is that i am not happy when i look at it. :(

@ Drakull: i see a blue vein on the lower bizeps (and that when you look close to it), on the picture from AOW you see it thick blue on the whole bizeps.
And again, watch the statue from 1 meter away from the display ... it shines white with red blood ... man thats weird

okay you guys may call me a geek and ask yourself WTF bro get some job don't care abolut the details ... i payed (with customs ~600 Euros) and i expected much more.
[again i speak only for myself]

Re: Pre-order of New item: “ZODD: REVELATIONS”(1/10 Scale)

I completely agree with you guys. The main issue for me is the price. It would not be such a drama if the price was not that big. But well about 600€ with customs !! It is why I didn't take the risk to be disappointed with this one. Only Irvine had my vote, don't really like Zodd's face on this statue. I have a Zodd Senma from the repainted project and had a regular one before. AOW paint job can be wonderful but it is sometimes quite disappointing ... I was disapointed by the zodd senma but the repainted version is the best paint job I have ever seen on a berserk statue. It could be the same with this statue but I really can't understand why they made two versions of this statue if they can't respect their paint schemes ...

Zodd too pale or not...

imgp3734mh6.jpg

...That depends on the lights...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Drakull said:
Yes, the skin color is paler than the pics before released, I agree with you, but who cares ~, prototypes is sometimes different from the real statue, and I repeat, the pic is taken in the dark

Well obviously some people care because their statue doesn't match their expectations. Please respect other people's opinions.

HITReza said:
okay you guys may call me a geek and ask yourself WTF bro get some job don't care abolut the details ... i payed (with customs ~600 Euros) and i expected much more.
[again i speak only for myself]

Don't feel bad about this. There's no guilt to be had. You have the right to be disappointed.

I just got mine with Irvine ... the first thing that struck me was his skin tone ... I thought the exact same thing!! He's too pale compared to the pictures on the site. I love the wooden box though, definitely didn't expect it.

Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic

This statue is actually a lot of fun because of his attitude and expression. Sitting on a heap of soldiers and stepping on a decapitated head is badass!

EDIT: necro-edit 4 years later to embed pics in links.

So, 6+ years later ... AOW now releases a re-paint of the statue.

http://www.art-of-war.jp/product/618

20150328_b3847d.jpg

20150328_58834b.jpg

Better paint? Sure. But it's another statue that's supposed to have had a limited run.

This one's 50 pieces only according to AOW which basically translates to 50 pieces this year and more in the next few years with even better paint jobs or changes. Good job AOW, stay classy.

Man, that $8 discount is really something. Why didn't I respond to their questionnaire?! :schierke:

Top Bottom