The black ball

Gantz came out the other day has anyone picked it up? I did since I liked the anime tho im sad about the end, and I have to say the cover of the manga is pretty nice.

I just bought the anime myself, last week actually, i gotta say i liked it, but it wasnt nearly as much fun nor bloody as i would have hoped it to be. Good, but a bit of a let down. I think i will stick with Manga.

S

smoke

Man, the first Episode of Gantz is actually pretty cool because the premise seems really unique and wide open.

The second episode starts a plotline and the coolness diminishes by about half.

The third episode is a remake of Scooby Doo with hammy anime characters. (i.e., they are chased by a stupid looking monster and they overract even though they are drawings.)

Gantz is the anime equivalent of a wilting erection. :judo:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
The pacing was way to slow for me. I was happy with the manga. If your watching the anime you have to see hbi2k's abridged series for it. Its humor is actually in the plot not just endless outside references.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I've been a fan of the manga, though it takes a while to really get going. Once they get a stable cast of characters and the main character graduates from 'total wuss' status, it becomes much more interesting. It's still totally rediculous, but at least there's much more than shock value and suspense to bring you back.

The series was addicting, but I found myself rolling my eyes alot.

The concept is wonderful. Great story idea and everything...poorly executed though.

Gantz is a pretty good anime, very much in a league of its own. The ending was rather confusing though, so now I am reading the manga, since that hasnt got an ending (yet)

The manga for Gantz is WAY better and the anime really didn't do it any justice what so ever. So if you liked the anime you will probably LOVE the manga. Also it is much different than the anime except the first part up until the buddha alien mission.

I read, IDK, 200 some odd episodes of Gantz years ago and I still have a sour taste in my mouth. Oh, I was interested and wanted to keep reading to get some hints at questions I had. But, I never got them, ever. You can't attach with any character because everyone is always dying. And if you think you can, you're just retarded. Aaz said it best, it's a manga made for young japanese boys who like big boobs and gratuitous violence. Take a closer look, that's exactly what it is. A string of humans in power suits (there's an original idea) fighting baddies sprinkled with tits flying about.

I advise anyone thinking about taking time from their lives to read this nonsense, to simply not. You'd be better off drawing scribbles on paper whilst slamming your head down on the kitchen table.

P.S. If I was locked away in a dungeon with only copies Gantz to read, I wouldn't and would use the pages to wipe the shit off my ass.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I won't deny anything you just said. But I need stupid violence pretty often, and at least the enemies are creative (a giant Brontosaurus with its head cut off, and a neck as sharp as a blade!)

That may be true Proj, but you could say the same thing about Berserk, it has its fair share of violence and nudity too. Of course it has more substance than Gantz, but you can't say its for children just because it has nudity and violence, mainly it should be because thats ALL there really is.

I'll admit it is lacking in a few areas but its good entertainment nonetheless. I rather enjoy it for what it is than nit pick about everything.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
EndlessSky said:
That may be true Proj, but you could say the same thing about Berserk

If you remove all the relatable characters, their nuanced development as the series progresses, the amazing story that becomes grander and grander in scale, the art that is of the highest calibur, and all the small details that flesh out any good story... then yeah, maybe I could agree with you. Or not.

I haven't read it, but after looking at a few pages, the character art is kind of cool, although I can't stand it when mangaka use photographs for backgrounds.

I suppose it's all a matter of taste in the end.
So here's a gift from me to you Gantz lovers, this is why you really read it anyways.
:carcus:
gantz_cosplay.jpg
:carcus:
and

http://images.cosplay.com/photos/12/1299394.jpg
http://www.gantzotaku.com/gallery/data/media/2/Cosplay_0051.jpg :???:

and errrr

DSCN4078.jpg

I really think this last picture does the series justice... :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
EndlessSky said:
you can't say its for children just because it has nudity and violence, mainly it should be because thats ALL there really is.

I'm pretty sure that's the point he was making...

And "violence and nudity" can't necessarily be compared between 2 works. The way they're arranged and highlighted as well as their purpose can make a huge difference.

Initially the manga is quite intriguing but after the main character died, it started to go down hill. Even though he was brought back to life later in the 2nd phase it still kinda sucks with long drawn battle lasting over 10 chapters. Anyway I'll still read it while waiting for more of Berserk. :rakshas:

Top Bottom