Castlevania Judgment

No Aaz, I'll kick your ass with Dracula because he is the man, the eternal opponent :guts:
You're right, Rakshas too, a new concept cannot be so bad for the franchise but I'm just surprised and sceptic. Especially since it's the first castlevania on Wii.

In the new Nintendo Power Magazine some details have appeared :

1/ The complete name of this episode is Castlevania Judgment. A really good name for this game.

2/ The connection between OoE and Judgement allows to unlock Shanoa and certainly some other cool stuff.

3/ Some creatures (obviously well known to us) will randomly appear during the rounds (trying to take their revenge :guts:)

4/ Interactive/destructible areas

5/ Online Mode

6/ The roster is very good. We'll see about that. :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ryouma said:
No Aaz, I'll kick your ass with Dracula because he is the man, the eternal opponent :guts:

The eternal loser. :p

Ryouma said:
You're right, Rakshas too, a new concept cannot be so bad for the franchise but I'm just surprised and sceptic. Especially since it's the first castlevania on Wii.

Well, I'd have preferred a classic 2D game, that's for sure, but we all knew it wasn't going to happen. Maybe next time! As for 3D games, they haven't been my cup of tea so far.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Well, I'd have preferred a classic 2D game, that's for sure, but we all knew it wasn't going to happen. Maybe next time! As for 3D games, they haven't been my cup of tea so far.

I would have preferred an actual game instead of a fighter, but that's not happening either.

And here's a picture!
castlevania_judgment.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, those models have like, 100 polygons each. Was this originally for the N64?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Scorpio said:

You're right, it's those damn shorts and boots that do it! And that's the curse of Castlevania Chronicles Simon. I'd be willing to bet there will be a costume change option, or better yet classic Simon as a playable character. Wow, the more I think about it the more pumped I get to see this game!

On a personal note I have a Castlevania Chronicles poster hanging in my hallway. The first thing I see when I enter my apartment, BAM! Fruity Simon!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wal'ter said:
Wow, they really made Simon look pretty gay. Aaz will be upset :judo:

Well that's in the line of his old relooking from Castlevania Chronicles, so I wasn't surprised at all. Not thanking Ayami Kojima for that one.

SimonBelmont.gif

That being said, I think I'm even less a fan of Takeshi Obata's redesigns. In my mind, Simon will always be the grizzled warrior he was in the first game. :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
In my mind .. I only ever played Simon's quest. I've never tried the other castlevania games.

Oh don't worry, I LOVE Castlevania 2's Simon too. The artwork's different from that of the first game, but still close enough to it that it doesn't matter much (considering 7 years are supposed to have passed by between the two games). To be honest though, I picture the characters more as sprites than as what the box art looks like.

Castlevania 2 was my fave of the old NES ones. Even though the Angry Nintendo Nerd gave it a scathing review. That game still has a place in my heart. So many days i played that game. Am not happy this will be a fighter, but happy i get to use my Wiimote as a whip. I had fallen away from the Castlevania series til a year ago, when i picked back up the GBA ones. Hooked into it all over agian.

2D is where it belongs. Sorry, old school gamer. Though i am a HUGE zelda fanboy, i still prefer the 2D itinerations of those also over the 3d ones.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Legato said:
Castlevania 2 was my fave of the old NES ones. Even though the Angry Nintendo Nerd gave it a scathing review. That game still has a place in my heart.

Just bought it yesterday on the Virtual Console. :void:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
I still can't believe its a fighting game. Wonder if it will use motion controls the same way the DBZ and Mortal Kombat games did.

Legato said:
Castlevania 2 was my fave of the old NES ones. Even though the Angry Nintendo Nerd gave it a scathing review. That game still has a place in my heart. So many days i played that game. Am not happy this will be a fighter, but happy i get to use my Wiimote as a whip. I had fallen away from the Castlevania series til a year ago, when i picked back up the GBA ones. Hooked into it all over agian.

2D is where it belongs. Sorry, old school gamer. Though i am a HUGE zelda fanboy, i still prefer the 2D itinerations of those also over the 3d ones.

Other people's review of a game hardly matters. The only thing that matters is if the game appeals to you. I loved Simon's quest like you and Aazealh. Of course I never got far in the game though because it was so damn hard. It's the only castlevania nes title I own.
I'm also a huge Zelda fan boy. The first Zelda game I ever played was OoT then Majora's then a few of the gameboy titles. I actually like the 2d version better as well. Although by no means do I dislike the 3d versions.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
Other people's review of a game hardly matters. The only thing that matters is if the game appeals to you. I loved Simon's quest like you and Aazealh. Of course I never got far in the game though because it was so damn hard. It's the only castlevania nes title I own.

I finished the game and I didn't speak English (and all the dialogues were in English). Think it took me about a year or so. Still have fond memories of the day I randomly crouched with the crystal equipped and ohhhh a tornado. Ah and I had to restart from scratch a couple of times because those goddamn passwords had "gothic" letters that resembled each other way too much. Good times. :void:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
The new screens look really neat! A little anime-ish but thats okay. I wish it would have looked a little more like Soul Caliber, seriously Simon looks like a character from Death Note or something. Still very excited about this game, apparently the connectivity will unlock things in both Judgement and Ecclesia. Looks like I'm going to have to play this to get 100% completion in Order of Ecclesia.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Ryouma said:
Because the chara designer seems to be Takeshi Obata (from Death Note) :void:

HAHA well that explains it! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the super moves or summons that will be in the game. Hopefully E3 will give us some footage of the game in motion.

I saw Konami's press conference and Iga himself came to show OoE with a really good trailer, also some gameplay for Judgement.

After explanations from Iga, footages, I realized that Judgement seems to be a good idea, a good concept for the franchise.
Cause, (and fortunatly) the game isn't a conformist VS game because of his open areas (which contains some hidden items) like a Power Stone.
And remember, i told you that some creatures will come randomly to distract and hit no matter who in the battle.
We don't know exactly the main plot except this : To break this endless battle and in order to do such a thing, every main characters of the history will be summon (by someone or something). So the story will be simple and will work very well as a excuse to regroup the main characters of the Castlevania's timeline.

Till now, we know Simon, Alucard, Dracula, Shanoa and Maria will be available. During the presentation, I'm not sure of what i heard but it seems Iga said, it will be fourteen protagonist. I'm doubt it's fourty :troll: It was obvious but it will be many modes in the game.

We all agree, it's not THE game of E3 08, but it appear clearly that Judgement can be fresh and a good surprise for the Castlevania's fan. Gametrailer will certainly get soon some trailer of both games and eventually Konami's press conference.

And Iga confirm it : Obata (Hikaru no Go, Death Note) is the chara designer. Till then, here your "super move" handsome rakshas :guts:

EDIT = Here come the game presentation by Iga.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
OUCH! The game got a D- from 1up.com: http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3171390&p=44

However, IGN gave it a 7.5 (ever the optimists): http://wii.ign.com/articles/931/931583p1.html

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
This gets the special award of being the first Castlevania game in like a decade that I didn't buy on the first day it came out. Oh well, I got two of the preorder bonuses without even buying the game and that's what I really wanted. I still want to try it though, maybe if I see it used for 30 bucks I'll grab it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
This gets the special award of being the first Castlevania game in like a decade that I didn't buy on the first day it came out. Oh well, I got two of the preorder bonuses without even buying the game and that's what I really wanted. I still want to try it though, maybe if I see it used for 30 bucks I'll grab it.

If you ever give it a shot please tell me what you think, since I most likely won't get it myself.

Top Bottom