Diablo 3!

Griffith No More! said:
It certainly would change the strategy, I usually like to make sure the room is clear before I engage a major boss, rather than deal with crowds.
It wouldn't change the strategy much if the minions were something like those festering appendices that Baal sprawls, you know the do-almost-nothing-but-annoy type, that you could kill for the orbs.
wait a minute, wasn't life/mana suck already an alternative to potions? I remember there was a time when my barb only carried potions for backup.
Yes life/mana steal was practically a must for some classes, but I meant the monsters that burn your mana, though come to think of it they didn't even mention/show blue orbs just red ones...
Of course, that was before my all-powerful, battle.net bullying lvl 80+ whirlwind barb with the ultra rare 400+ damage lance with life/mana suck and very fast attack speed got nerfed...
Anyway, on that note, they'll fuck it up in the patches however it works, so I'm really not worried about it at all, I could take or leave the orbs, if it makes dungeon crawling smoother, fine, if it doesn't exactly help with the potion problems discussed above, I'll live with what I'm used to anyway already.
This is soo true, the transition from 1.9 to 1.10 was pretty painful it made "hell" almost unplayable in single mode... I was left with a zeal/fanaticism Paladin that continuously got his ass handed to him by zombies of all things :puck:
I guess I should have thought of variables such as boss battles before I danced around in celebration.
Hopefully the devs were a bit more prudent than that :ganishka: but hey it's still early days I'm sure they'll iron it out to some satisfactory solution.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
I don't know how this will address that, unless they're going to add lots of re-spawning orb-dropping minions to boss battles, or have the bosses drop orbs mid-battle or something.

A ton of games do it like that. I'm honestly not worried at all.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Your right that the potion system was flawed, and I agree that health regain from killing enemies is better. I just hope they make the orbs a little more subtle, they're just so flamboyant right now.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I started my first Necro on BNet and I have to agree. The potion system is fucking ridiculous. I didn't notice it as much with melee type characters.

That being said, I fully welcome ANY solution.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
I just hope they make the orbs a little more subtle, they're just so flamboyant right now.

Why and how? They look fine to me. They're just orbs, how do you suppose they tone them down? -200% contrast? Then again, that seems to be the Internet's main demand for the game so far.

Griffith No More! said:
The funny part is there are people who actually DO worry about this. =)

Haha yeah, Blizzard are breaking their precious game, how dare they! :judo: No game can ever be better than DIABLO II, and aren't they using 3D models now? BLASPHEMY!! If I don't have to use the Horadrim Cube in Diablo III get ready for a fucking terrorist attack on Blizzard's HQ!

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Aazealh said:
If I don't have to use the Horadrim Cube in Diablo III get ready for a fucking terrorist attack on Blizzard's HQ!

See! This is the kind of bullshit I just can't stand, people who don't even know enough about the lore or care enough about the story to realize its a Horadric Cube. The difference matters people, and until you get it right I just can't take anything you say seriously. Especially when you condescendingly tell me to chill out when you have no idea what you're talking about.

:troll:

Okin

Scorpio said:
See! This is the kind of bullshit I just can't stand, people who don't even know enough about the lore or care enough about the story to realize its a Horadric Cube. The difference matters people, and until you get it right I just can't take anything you say seriously. Especially when you condescendingly tell me to chill out when you have no idea what you're talking about.

For years that Cube was the bane of my existence. What the hell are all these stupid perfect skulls for, do I throw them away?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
See! This is the kind of bullshit I just can't stand, people who don't even know enough about the lore or care enough about the story to realize its a Horadric Cube.

Well in the French version it was called Horadrim so I blame Blizzard. :daiba:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Aazealh said:
Well in the French version it was called Horadrim so I blame Blizzard. :daiba:

Further proof that Blizzard doesn't know their own lore and are going to kill the game!

edit for a random thought: Does that mean that you never got to hear the joys of the English Deckard Cain voice? "Stay awhile, and listen!" "You have quite a treasure there in that horadric cube..." Have been lines that have stuck fast in my head for years.

Okin

Scorpio said:
"Stay awhile, and listen!" "You have quite a treasure there in that horadric cube..." Have been lines that have stuck fast in my head for years.

I still have hallucinations of this, and the slashing of swords from Ages of Empires stuck in my head. Maybe going to sleep as my bro played all night had an effect?

Since Deckard Cain is said to be one of the first casualties... Yeah, he won't stick too long with us.
I'll miss him  :judo:.
Unless Blizzard wants to bring him back 'in spirit', or s.th. equally retarded.

My favourite lines have always been from the Book 'Halls of the Blind' (I can see what you see not. Vision milky, then eyes rot... ); I love that one.

Okin

They only implied that someone was trying to kill him. They didn't outright say it did they?

Okin said:
They only implied that someone was trying to kill him. They didn't outright say it did they?

My bad.

But something evil is stirring once again in Tristram, and it may already have claimed its first victim: Deckard Cain.
Taken from the FAQ.
So, he might as well survive (a.k.a. getting rescued again) - and then die.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
edit for a random thought: Does that mean that you never got to hear the joys of the English Deckard Cain voice? "Stay awhile, and listen!" "You have quite a treasure there in that horadric cube..." Have been lines that have stuck fast in my head for years.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it was dubbed. I have no memories of it whatsoever though, so I don't think it matters much.

Okin

I think that once we start seeing the storyline, will get so immersed that will crap are pants like we did in the previous games. The new graphics should help. You have to admit, an army of skeletons climbing up from all 4 corners is scary as hell.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
The images remind me more of the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games than anything else. I'm not all that worried about the looks of things, as long as the game takes a long ass time to beat, and it has good replay value.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
KazigluBey said:
The images remind me more of the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games than anything else. I'm not all that worried about the looks of things, as long as the game takes a long ass time to beat, and it has good replay value.
Diablo games are generally more about collecting loot than having a long playtime in the single-player campaign. That being said, I thought D2 was just long enough with the expansion.

Okin

Walter said:
Diablo games are generally more about collecting loot than having a long playtime in the single-player campaign. That being said, I thought D2 was just long enough with the expansion.

Say that again while I'm grinding myself from 60 to 99 on Cow Level Hell mode for 5 months straight.

Okin

The campaign isn't long enough to reach the high levels without massive grinding. That's all I'm trying to say.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
If they release a few good expansions for it I'll be happy. And I say a few because it took forever to make Diablo 3 and I hate to think how long it will be before Diablo IV is announced.

Top Bottom