Star Wars: Clone Wars

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
And here I was thinking to myself, Star Wars can't get any worst. Well, it did. Here's Lucas new adaptation to the already pooped up saga Clone Wars. The one thing that could save this would be if Genndy Tartakovsky's (animated clone wars) influence raises. Now, let's be clear. His work was nothing shocking, but it wasn't bad either. Safe to say it's the one decent thing that came out of the new trilogy. But anywho, not sure if it's the entire series re-make (which wouldn't surprise me) or another storyline based on that exact time frame. Here's a sneak peak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4eIcDLzKMA&feature=rec-fresh

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I saw a trailer for this at the theater a couple weeks ago. I think it could go either way. My guess is that it's another story that takes place in the same timeframe, rather than a remake...but then again it's Lucas, so who knows? :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aside from everything else, the 3D does look pretty cheap. I don't understand that choice.

i really like star wars episode 4-6, great story great movies, but i really dont like this new stuff ...

a few years passed after the horrible episode 1-3 and lukas is trying to come up with something new to keep his star wars merchandise alive.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
HITReza said:
i really like star wars episode 4-6, great story great movies, but i really dont like this new stuff ...

a few years passed after the horrible episode 1-3 and lukas is trying to come up with something new to keep his star wars merchandise alive.
Don't forget about the TV show coming soon! :ganishka:

I've seen the Clone Wars animations, and wasn't that impressed beyond the "WHOA DUDE" factor of watching ridiculous amounts of explosions happen on-screen at once. It all seemed pretty one-dimensional to me. Almost like a ... cartoon? :badbone:

X

Xem

Walter said:
Don't forget about the TV show coming soon! :ganishka:

I've seen the Clone Wars animations, and wasn't that impressed beyond the "WHOA DUDE" factor of watching ridiculous amounts of explosions happen on-screen at once. It all seemed pretty one-dimensional to me. Almost like a ... cartoon? :badbone:

A friend of mine is absolutely obsessed with Star Wars. He tells me this movie is actually the first 3 or so episodes of the TV series. Maybe that explains the seemingly cheap computer animation.

Personally I'm not going to draw an opinion yet. I've been told many times that the Clone Wars were way to vast to try to fit into 3 movies, so maybe this is an attempt to flesh it out a bit more, so you don't get that "wow they sure rushed this shit" feeling.

IMO they should've taken Revenge of the Sith and made it into 3 movies, instead of trying to encompass the entire Clone Wars into a few hours.

S

Sanguinius

Deci said:
A friend of mine is absolutely obsessed with Star Wars. He tells me this movie is actually the first 3 or so episodes of the TV series. Maybe that explains the seemingly cheap computer animation.

Personally I'm not going to draw an opinion yet. I've been told many times that the Clone Wars were way to vast to try to fit into 3 movies, so maybe this is an attempt to flesh it out a bit more, so you don't get that "wow they sure rushed this shit" feeling.

IMO they should've taken Revenge of the Sith and made it into 3 movies, instead of trying to encompass the entire Clone Wars into a few hours.

I guess if they did that you could say "WOW, they sure took their time with this shit".

Milk milk milk. That's all they have done to the Star Wars series. This new outing looks as lame as I expected it to be. If the animation had been more in the vein of Final Fantasy, I'd be more willing to give it a chance. But just look at it. Seriously :schierke:
All that being said, this animated Anakin looks like he'll pull off acting better than JUMPER boy.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
The original mini-series was entertaining to watch at dinner time, but at most this seems like it should be a straight to DvD movie. Who the hell would pay tickets to watch the same movie animated?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Okin said:
I saw posters for ti when I went to see Hancock.

Yep, it's being advertised in theaters. I've seen a commercial for it before the previews at a couple of movies I've been to lately.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
It's in 3d. Saw another commercial during Hellboy II. The lines are so thick, Count Dukoo's (spelling?) beard looks like a white tree truck growing under his chin.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Just curious. Has anyone even seen this movie yet? Is it at least worth down.... I mean watching?

X

Xem

A friend of mine who pretty much likes anything Star Wars was truly not impressed. He said the giant battles were pretty cool since it gave a good idea of what it would've been like to be in them, but the story was a piece of shit.

Top Bottom