Im sad =(

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Breed1Ghost said:
I would love to but I dont know where to go for that =(

Easy, you just need to go to the biggest bar for shit bags in the state and find the ugliest mother fucker in there. Kick him in the face and break each one of his fingers for information. If this doesn't work find the second ugliest mother fucker till it does work.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
your definition of vent is a lot different than mine, yours has more of sadness to it ( :judo:), mine is more like an anger filled rant, more like this :chomp:.

Or Vampire Hunter Bob's approach would work too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, when my car got broken into, I was seriously pissed. The filthy vagrants took my Creedence tapes and shat in my car before they moved on... My back windshield got knocked out the same day by my bowing partner. Jesus.... Oh yeah, and my car ultimately got torched by some kind of fucking nihilists.

Fuckin a.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Not too long ago I was by my gal pal's house and I left my car unlocked which is a bad habit of mine. I seen two fuckers walking toward us after we opened the front door to have a cigarette. Stupid ass morons took the change cup from my car and left the Nintendo DS and newly purchased Yojimbo/Sanjuro Criterion collection on the passenger seat. If those were missing I seriously would have found them and became violent. I've learned my lesson when going into primarily black neighborhoods, and if you think that me saying that is racist then too bad!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
They probably don't like foreign movies.

Well I thought robbers were all modernized now. Meaning instead of stealing everything and going to pawn shops they steal things and post them on Ebay.

Guts intestines

Walter said:
Seriously, when my car got broken into, I was seriously pissed. The filthy vagrants took my Creedence tapes and shat in my car before they moved on... My back windshield got knocked out the same day by my bowing partner. Jesus.... Oh yeah, and my car ultimately got torched by some kind of fucking nihilists.

Fuckin a.

Think that's bad, well I had parked my car (an '87 black Corvette) across the street from my parent's house because our driveway can only fit three cars and there's one that's always there because my parents are trying to sell it. Since both my parents beat me home from work I had to park on the street. Well I had left one of the back passenger seat windows open and didn't notice, so overnight some one stole the damn thing, then the fucker had the audacity to leave a matchbox or hotwheels replica in its place next to an index card with a booger on it. Damn thieving bastards!

Or wait, was that a dream?

handsome rakshas said:
Not too long ago I was by my gal pal's house and I left my car unlocked which is a bad habit of mine. I seen two fuckers walking toward us after we opened the front door to have a cigarette. Stupid ass morons took the change cup from my car and left the Nintendo DS and newly purchased Yojimbo/Sanjuro Criterion collection on the passenger seat. If those were missing I seriously would have found them and became violent. I've learned my lesson when going into primarily black neighborhoods, and if you think that me saying that is racist then too bad!

Yeah, I'm black and that's pretty damn racist. But I must tell you that its not black neighborhoods that you necessary have to fear, it's neighborhoods that are primarily dominated by... well to complete this line I'd have to say a racial slur that would get me banned from this forum, so I'll just say its ignorant black folk you have to worry about, alright?

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I had my car broken into a few years ago. Had around 300 CD's stolen as well as my CD player. The guy also stole my backpack and all my text books and papers. Lol.

The rule of thumb is to report as much stolen as you can get away with, and this is coming from the officer that handled the call in at the crime scene. Even if you didn't own it you might as well try and get something, as the insurance companies usually try and screw you in the first place.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The most recent time my car was broken into, I managed to find a full-on thumbprint from a CD he had ejected from the player and then dropped on the floor (NiN: Year Zero, actually. I guess the guy didn't like Reznor). The cop was able to lift it, but NOTHING ever came of it. Im guessing my case wasn't high-profile enough to prosecute. It was just like, $50 worth of stuff. In the same incident, the guy took the Kleenex box and all my pennies, but NOT my wife's iPod, sitting in the passenger seat.

Guts intestines

Reminds me a little bit of the time when my house was broken into a few years back. I was just coming home from school and when I got home I noticed the front door was ajar. I got a little scared, but then I thought I might have left it ajar on my way to school, so I went on in. I found nothing unusual, until I got to the dining room. When I entered I saw all of my clothes strewn on the floor, as if someone tried to sort them. Upon closer inspection I noticed that all of my underwear was missing. I went upstairs and searched all around and... nothing, not a hanes or a fruit of the loom to be found. Of course the police were then called, and I imagined some possible buffalo bill type person dancing around in my underwear and I quivered a little bit.

The thing is the police found some guy's wallet in my house and inside was some I.D. too bad it was fake, so they couldn't do anything with it.

Someone really needs to make this a thread, maybe called bullshit stories or something (maybe minus the expletive) if I'm the only one making mine up then Walt, fortune's been seriously fucking you over.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Guts' intestines said:
Yeah, I'm black and that's pretty damn racist. But I must tell you that its not black neighborhoods that you necessary have to fear, it's neighborhoods that are primarily dominated by... well to complete this line I'd have to say a racial slur that would get me banned from this forum, so I'll just say its ignorant black folk you have to worry about, alright?

I'm not trying to come off as some passive aggressive racist like the father from American History X or something, I'm just explaining the reality of it all. Never in all the years I've lived in Chicago have I seen a predominantly black neighborhood that didn't have shady characters in it. When my parents sold our house in the city we had to take less money for it because the property value went down when black families started moving in. Fucked up isn't it? Everytime I visit my old neighborhood in the city it looks a little more shitty. I didn't mean any offense Guts Intestines, but until you've lived in the city of Chicago you just wouldn't understand.

Walter said:
(NiN: Year Zero, actually. I guess the guy didn't like Reznor).

Everyone loves Trent man! The problem is the album itself. If it was Pretty Hate Machine or Fragile that shit would have been long gone!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
Someone really needs to make this a thread, maybe called bullshit stories or something (maybe minus the expletive) if I'm the only one making mine up then Walt, fortune's been seriously fucking you over.
My second one was true blue. My first one was from The Big Lebowski.

Yeah I am pissed Like i really wanna hurt someone I'm a pretty big gamer. It's one thing to take my gps and my cds but i just found out right now they took my Risk game, now i wanna murder someone. I was sad but now im very angry I at least lost maybe $300+ now that im thinking more about it the more i wanna fuck someone up.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Get all you can out of it. Hell I got 25 cents per CD that was just songs burned onto a CD-R. This was in addition to the 300 I paid for, but I had maybe 50 burned CD's so I got 25 bucks just for that, lol. How can the insurance company prove you didn't have a 100 dollar watch or a 300 leather jacket in there?

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
One of my friends was an idiot and broke the key to my car in the ignition. It still runs, but I haven't been able to lock my car for several years. Where I live it doesn't really matter though, I often park on the street and nothing has ever been stolen. I don't think any of my friends I live with have keys to our house either (I certainly don't), so that is also never locked and with no consequences.

Moral of the story is I guess you guys need to find some nicer neighborhoods or something.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
A black bear once broke into my parents' van when we went camping. Ate a pack of fig newtons and a slice of pizza, only to puke it up all over my backpack. :judo: I felt so violated.

Syaoran

I want you to remember
Yeah it sucks image accidental leaving your wallet in the car when it's stolen ( moms purse in this case) that has everything in it

But the cops found the truck abandoned somewhere so we got it back

Guts intestines

handsome rakshas said:
I'm not trying to come off as some passive aggressive racist like the father from American History X or something, I'm just explaining the reality of it all. Never in all the years I've lived in Chicago have I seen a predominantly black neighborhood that didn't have shady characters in it. When my parents sold our house in the city we had to take less money for it because the property value went down when black families started moving in. Fucked up isn't it? Everytime I visit my old neighborhood in the city it looks a little more shitty. I didn't mean any offense Guts Intestines, but until you've lived in the city of Chicago you just wouldn't understand.

Everyone loves Trent man! The problem is the album itself. If it was Pretty Hate Machine or Fragile that shit would have been long gone!

I lived on the southside of Evanston, Illinois near the dividing border of Chicago known as Howard St. for eleven years of my life, and I spent plenty of time in Chicago just visiting relatives or when I would go to the Taste. So I'm pretty familiar with the area, and your right it is fucked up, but the fucked up part of it all is that property values do go down when blacks move into an area, but even that's nothing new, Chicago has had racism when it comes to housing all the way back to the days of MLK and white flight. You've got to understand the flipside of the coin, sure it seems unfair that your house had to be sold for less, but it shouldn't be because blacks move in. That's the real fucked up part don't you see? The real people being jilted are the blacks who get labeled in such a way that wherever they move they have the whole, "there goes the neighborhood" scenario to deal with. Its crap like that keeps those who are black and born in urban areas, constantly surrounded by drugs and violence of the inner city, just look at the southside of Chicago in comparison to the north. This is why the whole thug thing is perpetuated its all a lot of those inner city kids know.

Its just the sad ass state of blacks in this country, where a black man is more likely to go to jail multiple times rather, than college. I see no end in sight either. Right now I live in Waukegan, Il which has property values going down because of the exceedingly high number of illegal immigrants, its so bad that many have dubbed it little mexico, so now looks we'll have a whole 'nother addition to this crap ass cycle of discrimination and bigotry.

Don't worry I don't see you as a racist, its hard on all sides, I just want you to see the whole picture.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Guts' intestines said:
but the fucked up part of it all is that property values do go down when blacks move into an area, but even that's nothing new,
Care to explain on how this works or your understanding on property value?

This is why the whole thug thing is perpetuated its all a lot of those inner city kids know.
Maybe it's different where you live, but "thugs" from Baltimore actually act like thugs. Then again most people around here would call a white guy from Baltimore a thug just as easily as a black guy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
It has to do with how the property is appraised by the real-estate industry. Real-estate companies probably have a policy that makes them survey a neighborhood and set a price value based on the balance of ethnicity in the area. The value would be based on the PERCEPTION of idiotic white people who WOULDN'T move in there because black people move in. So, they set the value accordingly lower.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
It has to do with how the property is appraised by the real-estate industry. Real-estate companies probably have a policy that makes them survey a neighborhood and set a price value based on the balance of ethnicity in the area. The value would be based on the PERCEPTION of idiotic white people who WOULDN'T move in there because black people move in. So, they set the value accordingly lower.

Property value has to do with how houses in the past have sold in that area or within a mile of it. Not if white people would move there.

Guts intestines

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

This isn't easy but I'll try. Under the system property values technically aren't allowed to be influenced by race, however, the system is broken. This is due to the fact that there are still many families who ask their realtor the racial makeup of a neighborhood that contains a prospective house. The system doesn't allow realtors to discuss race, so they can't answer the question. However, most people like to see a house before they buy it, so when they go to see the house they are able to see the neighborhood with their own eyes, so just by going to see the house they are able to see the racial makeup of the neighborhood just by looking at the neighbors or even the adornment of the house. If they don't like the racial makeup of the neighborhood they just don't buy the house. The problem starts when many others agree with the sentiment and don't want to buy the house either.
So eventually demand for the place drops, and so does the house.

Then the lower price of the house attracts minorities who on average have less disposable income, so a nice house with a suddenly affordable price tag is to enticing of an opportunity to miss, so they jump on it. The fact that the neighborhood is becoming more and more minority dominated doesn't stop the minority families from coming, (why would they not want to live near people of their own race?) and then more houses go up for sale as the remaining whites in the neighborhood respond to what's going on. Many of these whites move because they're trying to cut their losses because their property values are dropping. Others move because they don't like the direction the neighborhoods going racially. This doesn't make them racist, people (even if they won't admit it) just tend to not be as comfortable living around people who are different then they are so they tend to form cliques. Eventually with so many fellow whites moving out, along with more and more minorities coming in to buy the cheapening houses, the whites who were left behind choose to leave themselves, its called de facto segregation.

This is one of the most vicious cycles in America, it occurs all because people can be so damn xenophobic (better than calling them racist bastards.)

Walt, you would have been right in the '60's and '50's back when such overt racism was acceptable, but today in America racism and segregation tends to occur de facto or indirectly.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Maybe it's different where you live, but "thugs" from Baltimore actually act like thugs. Then again most people around here would call a white guy from Baltimore a thug just as easily as a black guy.

Where I'm from we call them posers or wannabes.
P.S: I'm only 18 and have college in the fall, so please stop asking crap that has me delving into my knowlege of Government and Economics so suddenly after I graduated.

Top Bottom