Game Personality Types

S

smoke

Similar to the Myers-Briggs Personality test, this website will tell you what your gaming personality is like. Sort of.

http://www.mygamemug.com/matchtest.php

I ended up with The Wingman type, which is kind of accurate. A bit disappointing though, since almost everyone could fit into that category. But let me know what you fellas end up with.

"The Wingman
Deliberate Sociable Serious Learner (DSSL)
Handpicked from many, and loyal to a few, you are the Wingman. No guild or clan can work without you, because you provide the support, the commitment, and the dedication to succeed. While you may only play a few games, your talents are in demand and you give your all.

The only drawback is that your time may be limited. But don't feel bad, that only increases the demand and hoops other gamers will jump through to get you to play.

We recommend you stay just the way you are - and when you do sign on to play when you have time, enjoy your new sword, virtual cash, or the dozens of messages and invites you will receive from other players."

*shrug*

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I too.. am a Wingman, which is a little surprising for me, since I rarely, if ever, play team games.

Wow.. I got wingman too. Which is the exact opposite of my playing style. I like to pk people when I'm bored, I find team games boring and given the option I play alone rather then with other people. Meh.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
I got Wingman, how I don't know, and the question that asked if you would have a game guide or kama sutra near your toilet is stupid, of all things they mention a damn kama sutra to be read on the terlet!

Nellie

I'm a fangirl =P
Wingman as well...

And I hardly plays online game, definitely never joined any guild or clan... :schierke:

I thought I might be 'The Helping Hand' since I'm always the healer/medic/staff chick :ganishka:

"The Daredevil
Reckless Competitive Fun Veteran (RCFV)
When playing video games, you look for excitement and excitement only - any game that doesn't offer it, gets pushed to the side. You are the Daredevil and you play games for the thrill. You have probably been gaming for quite awhile and one thing you have learned is that the high that some games give you is unmatched elsewhere in life.

You prefer the more exciting competitive games, although playing with anyone who takes it too seriously will turn you off. You generally look for games that offer constant excitement, quick load times, and few preparations. Anything that slows you down is detrimental to the overall experience you seek to achieve."

I guess this is somewhat accurate, although I prefer RPG games (NOT MMORPGs). I rarely play FPS games (I don't really like them, hence my skill level is...average), but whenever I do, I'm normally balls-to-the-wall and jump right into the fray.

Madam President said:
"The Daredevil
When playing video games, you look for excitement and excitement only - any game that doesn't offer it, gets pushed to the side. You are the Daredevil and you play games for the thrill. You have probably been gaming for quite awhile and one thing you have learned is that the high that some games give you is unmatched elsewhere in life.

You prefer the more exciting competitive games, although playing with anyone who takes it too seriously will turn you off. You generally look for games that offer constant excitement, quick load times, and few preparations. Anything that slows you down is detrimental to the overall experience you seek to achieve."

I guess this is somewhat accurate, although I prefer RPG games (NOT MMORPGs). I rarely play FPS games (I don't really like them, hence my skill level is...average), but whenever I do, I'm normally balls-to-the-wall and jump right into the fray.

Huh, yeah this far, much closer to my kinda thing, though I also enjoy the occasional long drawn-out RPG.

The Young Urban Gamer
Reckless Competitive Fun Learner (RCFL)
Rowdy, socially competitive, and fun - you are the Young Urban Gamer. You play games to relieve stress and to gain some quick excitement.

When you're not busy with work or school, you just want to have fun. For you, this can be achieved many ways, but video games are the easiest when you're really bored. While social in 'real life', you try to avoid spending *too* much time playing cooperative video games, especially when the alternative means blasting your friends or total strangers to death with some alien weapon.

You enjoy or will be interested in the genre of first-person shooters; they are easy to pick up and competitive enough for you to have fun. Just be sure it's a free-for-all since you're more of a loner and lose patience with teammates. You prefer to only learn a few games, since playing or learning too many will take too much time and you don't want to be a nerd. Fear not -- developers have taken notice to this popular segment and have designed terrific games specifically for you.

Yeah, pretty much.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I am also Ganishka (Guru...)

The Game Guru
Deliberate Competitive Fun Veteran (DCFV)
Your knowledge of gaming knows no bounds, Game Guru. You are the person many gamers go to when they have questions and generally most of the time, you have the right answers for them. You are unlikely to tie yourself into just playing one game, as it limits your expertise and experience you may gain from play others. It seems you love to learn everything about games, - the characters, the secrets, the developer, etc. Perhaps you should start a blog if you haven't already.

You typically don't like to hang around too long within a game and therefore avoid the more socially demanding ones. Playing quick rounds or small sessions are more your cup of tea. Once you've had your fun, it's back to the magazines, gaming blogs, forums, and the like where you can share your vast knowledge of all things video games.

Had issues with some of the questions, though.

X

Xem

The Daredevil

You prefer the more exciting competitive games, although playing with anyone who takes it too seriously will turn you off. You generally look for games that offer constant excitement, quick load times, and few preparations. Anything that slows you down is detrimental to the overall experience you seek to achieve.

Fits me sorta, but honestly all of these descriptions fit me in one way or another.

I got game Guru as well, I like beating games but I am not the kind of person who replays the game to find all the secrets which is supposed to be one of the Guru's characteristics.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Wow, i'm a ....The Helping Hand
Deliberate Sociable Fun Veteran (DSFV)
Generous, helpful, kind...a few of many positive attributes people see in you, the Helping Hand. Nothing satisfies you more than helping your teammates or friends out in all the games that you play. You may even look to assist people in some cases if there is no one around asking for help. In fact, the enjoyment that you receive from helping people rivals that of solving a puzzle, winning a battle, or achieving a hard objective in a game.

Heavily social intensive games tend to be what you enjoy the most although you can probably find something to take pleasure in with most games. For instance, if you happen to find yourself in a competitive first person shooter, you'd probably take the support class. We recommend you stick to games (and crowds!) where people will appreciate you more; these include more casual gamers seeking fun and excitement from games rather than the serious competitive ones.

hehe, what the hell, i usually restrict myself to single player only^^ But it's nice to know nonetheless!

I got the Helping Hand as well

The Helping Hand
Deliberate Sociable Fun Veteran (DSFV)
Generous, helpful, kind...a few of many positive attributes people see in you, the Helping Hand. Nothing satisfies you more than helping your teammates or friends out in all the games that you play. You may even look to assist people in some cases if there is no one around asking for help. In fact, the enjoyment that you receive from helping people rivals that of solving a puzzle, winning a battle, or achieving a hard objective in a game.

Heavily social intensive games tend to be what you enjoy the most although you can probably find something to take pleasure in with most games. For instance, if you happen to find yourself in a competitive first person shooter, you'd probably take the support class. We recommend you stick to games (and crowds!) where people will appreciate you more; these include more casual gamers seeking fun and excitement from games rather than the serious competitive ones.

You are the Explorer, player of many games and master of none. You are a hardcore gamer, yet you play casually. Gaming is a hobby, but it is also a passion. Many won't understand all this, but you do, and you're happy with that. Like all adventurers, you always look for the next game to play through and talk about with people. You derive your pleasure from the experience of playing great games - the best seller and top rated sections always seem the most attractive.

While you tend to gravitate towards games that are more social in nature, you know well enough that even the most competitive games can also provide a social atmosphere given the right people - people like you. While you take a serious interest in gaming and play somewhat seriously, you are highly likely to have the most fun with those that play more for fun.

----------
this sounds about right.

Top Bottom