Who's your pick as the next Batman villain?

Who's your pick as the next Batman villian?

• Total voters
Dark Knight was a slice of cinematic heaven for me, but I don't nesesarily need a repeat performance.

I would like to see Ivy.

Catwoman is too used up and sorry to sound corporate but...diversity!

Its the third movie throw the girl villain in already.

Majin Tenshi said:
I could see this as being a good catwoman.

No.. just no. I don't even want a catwoman in the next film, let alone Jolie. :puck:

From Ra's Al Ghul to the Joker to ... Catwomen. The caliber of the villains just doesn't match.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Ramen4ever said:
No.. just no. I don't even want a catwoman in the next film, let alone Jolie. :puck:

From Ra's Al Ghul to the Joker to ... Catwomen. The caliber of the villains just doesn't match.
I made a point of pulling up a picture of her before she... had her work done. I'd be far less pleased with her in the role now, and catwoman isn't my pick for the next foe. I have heard Jolie has expressed interest in the role though.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Riddle me this...
tdkreturnsfanmadeposter.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the Batman drawing in the lower right is a total giveaway. Looks really fake to me, as if a kid drew it. I can see the pixels. :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oooh Gandolfini as The Penguin! I hadn't even considered it, but he's PERFECT. When he's storming the fridge in his bathrobe, mumbling for Carm to make him a canolli, he's already in character for the role.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Did you come up with Gandolfini? He's not up there. Anyway, I don't think anything can top the horror of George Costanza as the Penguin. Though I actually find the idea of Jack Black even more dumb and annoying, not that he'd be worse, but the idea itself and the type of person it would come from just seems dumb and annoying. =)

Oburi

All praise Grail
Moved my post to a better location.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/04/michael-caine-reveals-batman-3-villians-1.html

I thought the rumor was penguin as philip seymour hoffman and riddler as Johnny Depp. I've been reading that for awhile now.

I think this is another key moment in character. A lot of people didn't see the Joker, as the Ledger joker, nor gave much hope to Ledger before seeing the film. I hope the same doesn't happen with who ever picks up the character.

Dark Knight had a good layered plot. I think with a key character based on riddles and puzzles would make for a another great physiological thriller. Looking at Nolan's "Prestige" I think the film would have a lot of promise. but I think he definitely shouldn't do the expected dark "villain." Maybe Nolan should put a new angle to the character. Where the riddler is perhaps a anti hero, who is helping out in some way, but under sinister intentions. I don't know, but after Dark Knight, it definitely deserves good expections.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I think this is another key moment in character. A lot of people didn't see the Joker, as the Ledger joker, nor gave much hope to Ledger before seeing the film. I hope the same doesn't happen with who ever picks up the character.
Huh? You hope the next villain choice doesn't get a lot of flame on Internet forums before the movie comes out, which was only vindicated by Ledger's actual awesomeness in the end? My take is, the character choice is irrelevant. The actor choice is the key.

Dark Knight had a good layered plot. I think with a key character based on riddles and puzzles would make for a another great physiological thriller.
You mean psychological? Though now that you bring it up, I think BANE would be a really good villain for a physiological thriller :ganishka:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Breed1Ghost said:
I read that Megan fox might be catwomen I hope not.
That's a "negative ghost rider":
http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20090828/908/ten-megan-fox-won-t-play-catwoman-in-new.html

I've been thinking that for the 4th Batman film, if there ever is one, I would like them to re-introduce the joker. I know Ledger did an amazing job and some people would find that blasphemous but it seems the character is more important than the actor in Hollywood's eyes. I mean Cesar Romero isn't around anymore and not able to portray the Joker but they went ahead and had more interpretations of the character.

What do you guys think of them introducing Harley Quinn in the 4th one? She interns to be a psychiatrist at Arkham and helps Joker escape just as her story. I know eventually they will bring Joker back and i think that's probably one of the ways they would do it. I know, I know, I'm thinking too far ahead....

Breed1Ghost said:
I read that Megan fox might be catwomen I hope not.

I really don't see why they would introduce catwoman into the 3rd film. It wouldn't fit into what the possible theme would be in the next one. But ugh Megan Fox from transformers? No thanks.

NightCrawler said:
Hey guys, i'll fill you in on a little secret to how movies are made: if there is no script, there is no casting.

haha indeed. But it's fun to discuss.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I really hinted to my wife that I wanted that for Christmas and I didn't get it :sad:

I guess wanting cartoons for my 28th Christmas IS a little weird.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That is one sexy lookin' DVD set because you know it's the goods.

Walter said:
Man, I really hinted to my wife that I wanted that for Christmas and I didn't get it :sad:

I guess wanting cartoons for my 28th Christmas IS a little weird.

Nah, unless you're getting something of utilitarian value like a jacket, gifts for all ages just amount to toys. Anyway, you're going to end up like my father, he does all his own Christmas and Birthday shopping, and hands the items off to various family to wrap and give back to him on the day. =)

P.S. I must know how you hinted? I'm imagining Batman: The Animated Series DVD coupons on her dresser. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Sorry this isn't movie related guys, but I got this in the mail and I'm so flippin' excited and I wanted to show it off!

Very nice!

宮本 グリフィス said:
Nah, unless you're getting something of utilitarian value like a jacket, gifts for all ages just amount to toys. Anyway, you're going to end up like my father, he does all his own Christmas and Birthday shopping, and hands the items off to various family to wrap and give back to him on the day. =)

Hahaha, I've been getting nerdy shit for Christmas all my life (most appalling to my family), and I don't plan on things changing. I tell people what I want and more often than not I just buy it off the Internet with my relatives' credit cards directly. Since I don't see the actual product before they give it to me (as it's shipped to their place), it still counts as a gift! :troll:

Top Bottom