Finished: Headlong Berserk armor kit

Commissioned for Grendelrt, he's now finished:

01_637421.JPG

Details:

More details:

The fire (including a few shots under black light; not as prominent in this kit as in the EVA I did, but sufficient IMO):

Thanks for watching!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Very nice work! I'd prefer the cape to be a little more coarse and tattered but the fire, rocks, and base are beautiful. Nice blood work also!

I knew this would be awesome, but the way that you add all the final details really elevates this to be the best I have ever seen this kit made!

As I said before, Joa, YA DA MAN, MAN!!! And big congrats to gren! Hopefully it arrives safe and sound. Knowing Joa's prep work, it should be sturdy as rock!

Woo hoo!!! I havent bought a statue in a really long time (just got to be too expensive) so not only do I get a new statue, but its my commission from JOA!!! Looks incredible, cant wait to see it in person!!!

Thank you for your kind words.
You ppl are my toughest judges on this subject, so I'm glad you all like it.
IRL, the armor isn't as shiny, but looks grittier/dirtier/more burnt.
@Gren: I'll take pack him up today and you should have an estimate on shipping by tomorrow at the latest.

Ok, he's ready to go! :ganishka:

A wooden spacer in the bottom to keep the box from being squished, then a Chips layer:

pack_01.JPG

The figure is covered in Seran wrap to keep the paint from chipping due to the chips.
All *vivid* parts; sword and cape are fixated with Styrofoam:

pack_04.JPG

A cage is built around the figure in order to secure it further:

pack_05.JPG

Kit places in box...

pack_06.JPG

Another spacer (same as in the bottom of the box) .. then covered with chips:

pack_07.JPG

A final Styrofoam sheet is added for top protection:

pack_08.JPG

Done and ready to ship safely ... C'mon, wouldn't you trust this guy? ^_^;

pack_09.JPG

Joa said:
Done and ready to ship safely ... C'mon, wouldn't you trust this guy? ^_^;

LOL. Nice picture man. I'm digging your burns =).

On a shipping note, that's some intense packaging. The "cage" you built definitely seems like it will help a lot.

really nice job on this one!
the armor looks damn heavy ... the way it should be painted ...

again huge congratulation on this one!!!

Goodies!!! :carcus:

Looks like he made it in one piece also... ^^
I hope unpacking him wasn't too tedious, digging through all those chips :ganishka:

Joa said:
Goodies!!! :carcus:

Looks like he made it in one piece also... ^^
I hope unpacking him wasn't too tedious, digging through all those chips :ganishka:

It was very tedious just because i was trying to be so damn careful hehe. It was a great packaging job though, would of taken a small nuke to hurt it.

Better safe than sorry ;)

Mind you though, the spot light in that Detolf case will make the cape sag due to the heat / the resin used for this cast.
Possibly, Gatts will tilt forwards forwards because of this also, so you might want to move him down a shelf... ^^

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
A very nice statue.

May I ask what the 3 statues on the bottom left of the last picture are? From what I can tell they're not from Berserk, but they look quite interesting.

Joa said:
Mind you though, the spot light in that Detolf case will make the cape sag due to the heat / the resin used for this cast.
Possibly, Guts will tilt forwards forwards because of this also, so you might want to move him down a shelf... ^^

A very good tip, indeed!

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
Chiba said:
A very nice statue.

May I ask what the 3 statues on the bottom left of the last picture are? From what I can tell they're not from Berserk, but they look quite interesting.

I believe, from left to right, its a Predator, Alien and don't know about the last one since can't see clearly.

grendelrt,
You have a nice collection that I envy, especially the custom one. But, man, you need to get more display cases, some of the statues are suffocating! :ganishka: I have a couple of them and, even though they seem flimsy, they have the largest space volume and cheapest at IKEA. That casing was the only one that barely fit my 1/6 Griffith.

You have a very nice collection indeed!,
The first statue must be a Predator,the second an Alien Queen bust up,the third statue is a statue of "D" from Vampire Hunter D.

Alien Queen, Predator, and Vampire Hunter D hehe. They are there for the time being, the cases are mainly meant for Berserk stuff. Thanks for the compliments :guts:

Top Bottom