Rebuffing the gaming area...

So, we've had this white wall with... nothing on by our computer since we moved to the new flat ~2 years ago.

Time to change that I thought, and got the Mrs' approval on a set-up design.

We enjoy gaming the both of us so I wanted to paint something on the wall to reflect that, yet being subtle enough to pass as a cool decoration.
Well, I am a sucker for the Max Payne games. The second one has this really, really neat slipcase with gorgeous b/w illustrations on all sides, a~~nd...
Well, like with our living room decoration, it felt just right.

Enter projector and 2½ hours later:

DSC06851_.JPG

I did some shelves of oak and added a wide trim with down lights on top:

DSC06872_.JPG

and a mood pic:

DSC06870_.JPG

The Mrs jumped the shelves as soon as I had taken those pics and filled them with our since long tucked away games

**1 hour later**

DSC06880_.JPG

she's happy.... ^_^
As am I, I might add.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
That is a might nice Setup and depending if things go as planned on my side, I may snag that idea from ya and do the do same over here! :guts:

A

avidwriter

So how/what did you use to get the max payne thing on the wall? Stencil with spraypaint? hehe. Here's hoping they make a third, I've beaten the 2nd one about 5 times. The last time 3 in a row to get the alternate ending on very hard.

Thanks for the kind words.
@avidwriter: The Max Payne pic was blewn to size with a projector, then outlined with a pencil and filled with regular dull black wall paint.

@Oburi: A fire extinguisher is a necessity in every home IMO. For one it lowers the premium on your home insurance, and because of my hobby (see my signature) I handle quite the amount of flammable stuff. Better safe than sorry.
As for the placement of it; this is one half of our very big kitchen (not a separate room, the rear speakers are mounted to the ceiling), so the extinguisher is basically situated in the middle of our flat (as it should be).

@zrexe: The Mrs. is... ^^

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, a SERIOUS Max Payne fan!

Don't those little lights get distracting when you're on the computer?

Top Bottom