Games & Music

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
01010111 said:
I have to agree with Shadow of the Colossus. But for the most part, newer game soundtracks are too much like movie OSTs

That's true, but still, how could someone not love Mass Effect's or No More Heroes' OSTs? :guts:

01010111 said:
So on that note, of COURSE Megaman, especially 2 and 3, and not surprisingly 9, which had a great dose of oldschool flavor throughout the OST. Also, I love the music in Mother, Zelda II, Dr. Mario, anything with music by Rob Hubbard, and just recently I've been listening to a lot of music from Sonic the Hedgehog, my favorites being from 3 and Sonic and Knuckles.

No Castlevania II? :azan:

Haha of course! Castlevania has always had sick tunes, but now whenever I try to hear it in my head I get "Carol of the Belmonts," from this stuck in my head.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
01010111 said:
Haha of course! Castlevania has always had sick tunes, but now whenever I try to hear it in my head I get "Carol of the Belmonts," from this stuck in my head.

Not bad, but not nearly great enough to ever replace the real deal in my head. :void:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Speaking of fighting game music, Guilty Gear's soundtrack fucking rocks. Daisuke Ishiwatari is a guest at the LA Anime Expo this year. makes me even more sad about not going. :judo:

I would like to make a special mention for the Fire Emblem series, especially the Gaiden and Seisen no Keifu games. Also, the intro in Monshou no Nazo gets me all teary-eyed every time. :judo:

Darklink286 said:
Speaking of fighting game music, Guilty Gear's soundtrack fucking rocks. Daisuke Ishiwatari is a guest at the LA Anime Expo this year. makes me even more sad about not going. :judo:

Aw you couldn't go?! Ya the Blazblue soundtrack is awesome. I'm glad I got the limited edition w/ CD. I "liked" the GG soundtracks but Blazblue's soundtrack is different. Whatever it is I like it better than the GG OSTs.

Other fighter musics:
-Capcom vs. SNK 2
-SF4
-Melty Blood
-SF3S(At 1st the whole "hip-hop" sound got to me and I hated the game. I mean I certainly hate the menu musics. But I gave it a chance and it grew on me. Especially Gouki's stage theme. The other stage themes aren't so bad)

RPG musics:
-FFVIII(FF's masterpiece soundtrack IMO)
-FFVII
-FFVI
-FFX
-Chrono Cross(my particular favorite is the end song Radical Dreamers. It's very beautiful to me.)
-Mario RPG.

Other musics:
-Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3(Nothing like racing 320 km/h on the Wangan to trance. Beautiful trance music by Yuzo Koshiro. It's actual trance too not some rinky dink game trance music.),
-Okami,
-Zelda Ocarina of time
-MGS4(I found the 4th installment to be better music than all the others. Although as an ending theme the best is The Best is Yet to Come from MGS1 is best.)
-Espgaluda
-Banjo-Kazooie(It's just nice music to listen to in-game but not on its own.)
-Contra(I REALLY liked the original Contra music for some reason. It really got me pumped whenever I was playing it as a kid.)

I'm shocked no one mentioned games such as Beatmania IIDX, DDR, ITG, Pop N music, etc. I'm a big fan of Bemani-type games. I mean without the music in these games they simply wouldn't exist.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
ori said:
I'm shocked no one mentioned games such as Beatmania IIDX, DDR, ITG, Pop N music, etc. I'm a big fan of Bemani-type games. I mean without the music in these games they simply wouldn't exist.
I have Beatmania Red on my ipod. I jam it all the time. :guts:

Speaking of game's and music. I hate it when there is a piece of music from a game that is not in the sound track. The biggest one being in Wild Arm's 3, the music that plays while you are riding your horse. I NEED THAT SONG. I've checked out a couple of sights that have the Sound Track but that specific piece of music is not there and I no longer have my Wild Arms 3 game :judo:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:

Speaking of game's and music. I hate it when there is a piece of music from a game that is not in the sound track. The biggest one being in Wild Arm's 3, the music that plays while you are riding your horse. I NEED THAT SONG. I've checked out a couple of sights that have the Sound Track but that specific piece of music is not there and I no longer have my Wild Arms 3 game :judo:

There's alway's ebay if you want Wild Arms 3 back :carcus:

I liked Wild Arms 1 and 2 soundtrack the best. I think that Legend of Legaia 2 has a pretty good soundtrack and a cool last boss theme

SaiyajinNoOuji said:

Nice! Distortion's soundtrack is pretty good also Beatmania Gold is uplifting too. I haven't played or heard the most recent version yet.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
ori said:
Nice! Distortion's soundtrack is pretty good also Beatmania Gold is uplifting too. I haven't played or heard the most recent version yet.
I like the faster stuff, namely by Ryu . I'm so gay for his style. :slan:

Top Bottom