Author Topic: Smartphones  (Read 10980 times)

Offline Proj2501

Smartphones
« on: September 12, 2008, 05:33:09 PM »
I know some of you out there are iPhone users. The new 2.1 update is supposed to be available today (it's up on their site)

However, when I go to check for new update it says that mine is up to date (mine is 2.0.2), so something's up. I know I'm using the right version of iTunes (8).

This going on with anyone else?

smoke

Re: Smartphones
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:56:32 PM »
You paid too much for your phone, brah.

Offline NightCrawler

• Of the Vortex
  • Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »
No one in their right mind is a iPhone user.
Berserk isn't really "dark fantasy" either. It's plain fantasy
Miura has been very protective of Berserk

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 10:01:18 PM »
 :schierke:
thank you

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
  • "Bring the light of day"
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »
  I upgraded mine today, worked out ok.  I really wouldn't know what to tell ya.  What version of iphone you have?

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 03:29:49 AM »
8 gig 3G

Had to update it as the Apple store. The update is something serious though. Thank god. There's an issue with my iTunes, I have the correct version. But something's up. I've tried reinstalling it several times and there's an error toward the end of every dl session. Argh.

Gotta get it checked out.

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 03:39:30 AM »
  Hmmm... I'm no tech support, but it could be that their servers might be overflowing?   This problem happened to me when I bought the damn thing.  But anywho, yeah just take it to the store.  Is  itunes on PC a "reliable" application?

Offline Psymont 2.0

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 02:20:49 AM »

gonna have to agree with you entirely. i have a tilt. qwerty slide out keyboards can not be beat...ever!

Offline Cronus

• Of the Interstice
  • Daiba's rollin a fatty
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 03:36:07 AM »

Don't be jealous.

Proj, you should be able to get the update directly from Apple's site and apply it that way, you may also have a setting in iTunes that doesn't phone home.  Are you using 7.7 or v8?
All is within the flow of causality.

Offline NightCrawler

• Of the Vortex
  • Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 06:12:25 AM »
Don't be jealous.

Nokia N95 rings a bell?
Berserk isn't really "dark fantasy" either. It's plain fantasy
Miura has been very protective of Berserk

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »
v8. It had to be updated at the store. Made an appointment to have a few things looked at. I will admit before te 2.1 update I was very unhappy with the iPhone. After he update came out, the improvements were notable.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 09:20:12 AM »
Thread revival "CLEAR" *ZAP*

So far still happy with my iphone ordeal, however... let's share our knowledge of those applications.  Well, at least for the non-jailbroken ones.

Currently added:
Cell phone tracker (yes I'm a good stalker)
Shazam
Job Finder

I don't tend to spend hours looking for apps and such, so if there's any goodies let's hear them

Offline Soli

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 02:34:07 PM »
The lightsaber app! I seriously made my starwars fanboy friends almost go out and take out a loan to get an iphone becuase it works just the same as the massively expensive lucas arts replica  :ubik: I do like the chemistry and math apps that exist, they make chemistry and math problems soo much easier.

Offline Shane

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »
Most of the apps I have, I don't actually have a practical reason for but I love my iPhone

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 09:37:20 PM »
I have an iPod Touch, which is basically the iPhone without the phone. I'm constantly searching for wi-fi, but the only app I have is facebook. Other than that, I just like the design and the fact that it's way, way, WAY better than the Zune.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 10:07:19 PM »
I have an iPod Touch, which is basically the iPhone without the phone. I'm constantly searching for wi-fi, but the only app I have is facebook. Other than that, I just like the design and the fact that it's way, way, WAY better than the Zune.
Get some games on that thing. I recommend Rolando.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
I'm so lame. Solitaire is my most used app. That and sometimes I tweet.

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 10:40:02 PM »
Get some games on that thing. I recommend Rolando.

Thanks, I'll check it out! :serpico:

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 06:20:53 AM »
I was going about my day when I stumbled across this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Viper+-+SmartStart+Module+for+Viper+Remote+Start+Systems+(Basic+Install+Included)+-+Black/9516295.p?skuId=9516295&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9516295&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218117579279

Granted there are cheaper ways of getting this, I still thought it was a nifty app.  I went ahead and bought the package and it's been good (working nights in IL isn't exactly warm).  Anywho figured I post this here just in case somebody else would be interested.

Offline mega_devastation

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 07:57:26 AM »
The app that ive been using lately is 'Lose It'. If you really want to keep track of calories, this is the perfect app. it also measures things like protein, fat, carbs sugars etc. it comes with a database of foods and their nutrition content, you can even build recipes and add your own foods on there. Though i must say, it is time consuming logging everything in...

Offline Soli

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 07:57:40 AM »
Hey Nomad! Where in IL are you? I'm in Chicago. We're getting into that nice freeze again here finally. It was 4 degrees out when I had my finals last Thursday.

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 09:04:27 AM »
Hey Nomad! Where in IL are you? I'm in Chicago. We're getting into that nice freeze again here finally. It was 4 degrees out when I had my finals last Thursday.
Heh, I'm in the Aurora area.  Now, apparently there's rumor of some sort of a protest between AT&T and it's customers, involving a coverage problem and a possible raise on bills that AT&T commented to "fight the problem".  Now, I haven't really gone out of my area... But my signal is pretty solid everywhere I go.  Does anyone in this forum has this problem?  I'm just curious...

Offline Soli

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 05:04:40 PM »
anywhere inside a big building = no signal. Underground trains = no signal. Some of the more economically repressed areas of Chicago like where my gf lives = no signal. If they raise the rates I'm just going to cancel. Honestly the only reason I use it is becuase It's like a tiny pocket computer. I don't really make calls on it.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 04:31:46 PM »
I guess a lot of people who were waiting for the iPhone 5 are going to be disappointed. It'll be the iPhone 4S appeared on an Apple's Japan store website - (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.apple.com/jp/retail/ginza/&act=url).

Anyone else tuned in for the live feed?
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.