Smartphones

I know some of you out there are iPhone users. The new 2.1 update is supposed to be available today (it's up on their site)

However, when I go to check for new update it says that mine is up to date (mine is 2.0.2), so something's up. I know I'm using the right version of iTunes (8).

This going on with anyone else?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I upgraded mine today, worked out ok. I really wouldn't know what to tell ya. What version of iphone you have?

8 gig 3G

Had to update it as the Apple store. The update is something serious though. Thank god. There's an issue with my iTunes, I have the correct version. But something's up. I've tried reinstalling it several times and there's an error toward the end of every dl session. Argh.

Gotta get it checked out.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Hmmm... I'm no tech support, but it could be that their servers might be overflowing? This problem happened to me when I bought the damn thing. But anywho, yeah just take it to the store. Is itunes on PC a "reliable" application?

NightCrawler said:
No one in their right mind is a iPhone user.

Don't be jealous.

Proj, you should be able to get the update directly from Apple's site and apply it that way, you may also have a setting in iTunes that doesn't phone home. Are you using 7.7 or v8?

v8. It had to be updated at the store. Made an appointment to have a few things looked at. I will admit before te 2.1 update I was very unhappy with the iPhone. After he update came out, the improvements were notable.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Thread revival "CLEAR" *ZAP*

So far still happy with my iphone ordeal, however... let's share our knowledge of those applications. Well, at least for the non-jailbroken ones.

Currently added:
Cell phone tracker (yes I'm a good stalker)
Shazam
Job Finder

I don't tend to spend hours looking for apps and such, so if there's any goodies let's hear them

The lightsaber app! I seriously made my starwars fanboy friends almost go out and take out a loan to get an iphone becuase it works just the same as the massively expensive lucas arts replica :ubik: I do like the chemistry and math apps that exist, they make chemistry and math problems soo much easier.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I have an iPod Touch, which is basically the iPhone without the phone. I'm constantly searching for wi-fi, but the only app I have is facebook. Other than that, I just like the design and the fact that it's way, way, WAY better than the Zune.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I have an iPod Touch, which is basically the iPhone without the phone. I'm constantly searching for wi-fi, but the only app I have is facebook. Other than that, I just like the design and the fact that it's way, way, WAY better than the Zune.
Get some games on that thing. I recommend Rolando.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I was going about my day when I stumbled across this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Viper+-+SmartStart+Module+for+Viper+Remote+Start+Systems+(Basic+Install+Included)+-+Black/9516295.p?skuId=9516295&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9516295&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218117579279

Granted there are cheaper ways of getting this, I still thought it was a nifty app. I went ahead and bought the package and it's been good (working nights in IL isn't exactly warm). Anywho figured I post this here just in case somebody else would be interested.

The app that ive been using lately is 'Lose It'. If you really want to keep track of calories, this is the perfect app. it also measures things like protein, fat, carbs sugars etc. it comes with a database of foods and their nutrition content, you can even build recipes and add your own foods on there. Though i must say, it is time consuming logging everything in...

Hey Nomad! Where in IL are you? I'm in Chicago. We're getting into that nice freeze again here finally. It was 4 degrees out when I had my finals last Thursday.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Soli said:
Hey Nomad! Where in IL are you? I'm in Chicago. We're getting into that nice freeze again here finally. It was 4 degrees out when I had my finals last Thursday.
Heh, I'm in the Aurora area. Now, apparently there's rumor of some sort of a protest between AT&T and it's customers, involving a coverage problem and a possible raise on bills that AT&T commented to "fight the problem". Now, I haven't really gone out of my area... But my signal is pretty solid everywhere I go. Does anyone in this forum has this problem? I'm just curious...

anywhere inside a big building = no signal. Underground trains = no signal. Some of the more economically repressed areas of Chicago like where my gf lives = no signal. If they raise the rates I'm just going to cancel. Honestly the only reason I use it is becuase It's like a tiny pocket computer. I don't really make calls on it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
AT&T actually has an app for its customers to report when they have an outage :ganishka:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/12/07/att-releases-mark-the-spot-network-failure-reporting-tool/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28Boy+Genius+Report%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

I guess a lot of people who were waiting for the iPhone 5 are going to be disappointed. It'll be the iPhone 4S appeared on an Apple's Japan store website - (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.apple.com/jp/retail/ginza/&act=url).

Anyone else tuned in for the live feed?

Top Bottom