Smartphones

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Turkitage said:
Okay, I'm really glad I decided to go for this Nokia Lumia 920, it's really slick. [...]

Neat, glad you're having a blast with it. Hope to be joining you soon!

My folks have always had a problem using Skype since they're not very tech savvy. About 2 years ago I gave them an iPad and this May I made the switch to an iPhone 5S primarily so we could Facetime. It was no different than using Skype for them but I think somehow they were more okay with using Facetime. Having an iPhone's been interesting. I've had Nokia, Blackberry and Samsung devices before, this took a bit of getting used to. I can see why it's convenient (it's a bit dumbed down in terms of interface) and it's hard to customize - it's not easy for me to choose my own ringtones or message tones or toy with my display as much. Is there a way I can have my main screen appear without icons? Another big change for me was not having the ability to use Swype, I now have to type each word and the phone's narrower/ smaller. I'm still not used to the limited space, so I switch to a horizontal view which means I can't see a lot on my screen as I type. I was a big user of the Gmail app on Android but on iOS it blows because I don't have the ability to view a lot of things if I'm in the subway and there's no network. The phone hasn't crashed on me yet.

I have T-Mobile's JUMP feature which would allow me to surrender the 5S and get the 6 with a zero down payment, but I'd be paying for the phone every month. I've only had this 5S since May and as long as it works, don't see myself getting the upgrade. What do you think of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus?

As far as games go, what're you guys playing? I'm stuck on a level at TwoDots and am a week or two into playing Star Wars Commander.

Top Bottom