Current Episodes

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Current Episodes Thread

Nn, I like that idea too.

The chin is broad enough to be Hyogonosuke. Wow, those 18 volumes flew by! I kind of missed the chap -- if it is him.

The eyes look different, though; too narrow and.. unalert. [/frivolousimageinterpretation]

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Current Episodes Thread

vol.gif

250a.gif

250b.gif

Inoue said:
This time it became the serialization 250 time. It continues with it was not expected so much. Furthermore from charge compilation S it is large at the time of the deviation from manuscript, it received the bouquet of the celebration. Thank you. Is, but because it had finished to become tired, the staff all ろ く either reaction was not possible and was not completed? . 2008.3.12 Takehiko Inoue

MUSASHI WAKES!

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

vol.gif

251a.gif

251b.gif

Inoue said:
The name it is the story which at all is not relationship, but when it goes outside, the fragrance of the sinking even number flower doing, it is delightful. Time of the child doing newspaper delivery, something applying was good, it was the point which can feel the change eye of such season first. Or the year new the fragrance of a certain morning with, (the あ, already spring being) with we loved the instant which you become aware. When the sinking even number flower is fragrant, thing of that time is remembered.

2008.3.20 Takehiko Inoue

Well, we're now three chapters behind.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Is that some nakeness?!

Ahem -- Maybe we'll get them all in a giant rush of Vagabond goodness?![/optimism]

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
Current Episodes Thread

I just read the translation, and damn, thats actually quite satisfying as a story direction.
Watching Matahachi atone for his mom's rampage and his own farce could be very interesting.
I love that he's shaved both beard and goofy hair piece.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Need.... sustenance...

...... life... fading... no... va..vaga......................

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

And when it rains it pours, especially on poor Musashi it seems.

Mozgus has come for him. =)

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Turns out we did.... just had to wait a while.

So... what the heck just happened? I expected leg problems, but not the fuzz. Should have been expected. 70 people.. not the kind of thing that goes unnoticed.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
So... what the heck just happened? I expected leg problems, but not the fuzz. Should have been expected. 70 people.. not the kind of thing that goes unnoticed.

Well, I expected a limp, or that he'd be unable to put weight on it right now, but not that he'd basically need a fucking wheelchair or he's crawling on his belly. Pretty cool though how grim and serious Inoue has made the situation, and I love how he shows the effect it's having on Musashi on his face. Even before his outburst there at the end, you can tell he's going totally bugshit wild over it, you could just see the tension building in his eyes. Of course, if it isn't a pain issue, but a feeling issue, that always leaves the door open for it to return fully, or at least enough that he can re-learn how to walk, etc. Musashi will now dabble in creating techniques for advanced physical therapy, truly a renaissance man. =)

BTW, loved the montage starting off 249, I wonder if they're spreading the word on their own experiences with Musashi, or hearing about the latest themselves. Speaking of which, if it's not the authorities coming to arrest him, perhaps they are the retainers of a powerful admirer, maybe even the Shogun, who wishes an audience with him (just another possibility, best bet is still the former, naturally).

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

It just caught my notice...

... I have no idea who the chap on page 15 is. Some retainer from the book who I have forgotten?

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

It's just a retainer interested in meeting Musashi, hopefully even an important one associated with the Shogun or something (is that tiger rug an allusion to the book?), maybe they got him into, or will get him out of, this hot water as well.

Anyway, posting to say that these chapters can now be read in English, and 249 is definitely the coolest.

HEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAACK!

vol.gif

252a.gif

252b.gif

It's been a while since I last started up again. After the manga exhibit in Ueno, the manuscript feels like a pretty small amount of work.
And my eyes and throat have been hit by an adenovirus infection...

INOUE TAKEHIKO
30 July 2008​

And he looks about as happy as a caged tiger.

P.S. Viz volume 28: Oct 21, 2008

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Whoa, awesome speedy update on the preview. Good to have Inoue back in the land of the living. Now let's see how Mushi reacts to his largest career injury. Maybe he could... FARM for a while :guts:

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Farming... let's hope so.

The path to enlightenment has to be hidden in radishes somewhere, right?

Just finished "reading" the new chapter.

A long wait for a lot of slow-paced dialogue, but I will never complain about that when so long as it is Vagabond.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
A long wait for a lot of slow-paced dialogue
I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting, but Im surprised that's all you have to say about the chapter.

Mushi's in the SLAMMER, and Koetsu looks like he's putting his reputation on the line to spare him. I wonder if Musashi was formally charged with the death of 80 people. I remember in the novel, it was always sort of an unbelievable act, but this would make it official.

Poor Kojiro looks concerned. Maybe he'll send Mushi a snowman with a nail file inside? :ganishka:

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

None of these images were of my own creation...

"Preview" for Vagabond 253
253damnitja2.jpg

fakedk9.jpg

fakerpk6.jpg

Emotions run high, and translations will make it clear why!

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

vol.gif

254a.gif

254b.gif

Google Translate said:
Up to last week is forgotten! I'm sorry.
Obon is a moment when the merger because the number and the week off or become confused.
Still, this year's summer vacation without SSU. Ueno Comics Exhibition by the ripple effect, and real GANBARANAI this summer, autumn and BAGA Books are so出せない.

Takehiko Inoue

Well, that was fast.

I was happy to see it come back around to Musashi's time in the tree with Takuan at the end of 253 and, I assume, whether or not his life is much different now. I'm hoping we'll see the beginnings of Musashi's transformation from the sword that takes life to the sword that gives life. =)

vol.gif

255a.gif

255b.gif

A recent name in the book and DVD, T-shirts and caps, impulsive and prone to buy in bulk have been revived. Recent work in the canvas bag and Eco-bag, but this CD is about to enter PAKAPAKA buy anything they may not know too much. After the summer, most wearing shorts, so far, even if this is a cool guy to foil the long MENDOKUSAI.
Next week the real number 2 for continuous delivery of relief vagabond, will not carry Correction bon appétit. I'm sorry, for a brief moment, please.

Takehiko Inoue​

One of these pages is the same, did we get a SUPER preview of 255 in the 254 preview? =)
Looks like Mushi demonstrating in his cell, and Kojiro and that dude from 254... wow, juxtaposition in a preview?

Anyway, exciting implications from 254,
we see the Beast of Carved Buddhas, Musashi getting some more wisdom handed down from the masters, including even a cameo from the great Isenokami, and might that be Kojiro's sword in that wrap? If so, he seemed kind of down now that we think we "know who would have won", will this be how Kojiro gets his groove back?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

It's difficult to tell the implications of 254 so far, without a translation of course. Im still wrapping my head around 253's. I think I'll continue to feel lost until I see the Viz volume. But I don't think that's Kojiro's sword ... Anyway, I wonder who the new guy is at the end, inspecting the stick.

Guessing we'll see some more of him in this chapter.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
It's difficult to tell the implications of 254 so far, without a translation of course. Im still wrapping my head around 253's. I think I'll continue to feel lost until I see the Viz volume.

I don't see what you mean, I think it's obvious Kojiro has a cold. Speaking of which, I wish we could get a translator for this section... someone that could do it fast, as in with little trouble to themselves.

Walter said:
But I don't think that's Kojiro's sword ...

I can't really argue, it was just a gut feeling. Still, it's not a totally random conclusion, all things considered. That's almost certainly a sword, it looks rather large, and it's wrapped as if it's not for common use, or perhaps damaged (a good reason to bring it to Koetsu). Furthering the sword speculation, they could even be fellow students of Jisai sent to deliver Kojiro's birthright (assuming it was recovered =), ala Tenki with his certificate. Of course, now I'm stretching a stretch, but it's all I've got without a translation other than the default "random guys" scenario.

Walter said:
Anyway, I wonder who the new guy is at the end, inspecting the stick.

Guessing we'll see some more of him in this chapter.

He looks rather impressive on the last page, though it could be more that the drawing was impressive. Looks kind of like a cleaned up Musashi with that stick in his hand, maybe Kojiro is thinking the same.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

vol.gif

256a.gif

256b.gif

I want more Takuan sketches. :ganishka:

Google Translate said:
Paralympic wheelchair basketball on the Internet, check the results of the hope and fear.
With everyone's tired! (Real-ish, but the tip)

Takehiko Inoue

The meaning of Vagareal is all becoming clear to me, Musashi is going to pioneer wheelchair fighting.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Mushi said:
The meaning of Vagareal is all becoming clear to me, Musashi is going to pioneer wheelchair fighting.

.. I'd still sign up for that.

Anyway, looks like the Prison arc continues for now. Looking forward to it (should be a darn sight shorted than the Prison Arc in Blade of the Immortal..)

Top Bottom