I'm headin' to the UK.

S

smoke

Hey everybody,

To celebrate my birthday this year my mom and I are going to be flying over to the UK. I'll be staying three nights in London, two nights in Edinburgh, and two in Dublin.

Anybody have travel advice? Any ideas on cool stuff to see?

I leave on Saturday morning, so expediency in response would be appreciated.

COME NOW :daiba:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Just go to the pub and pick up some drunk chicks or something. Should've come to FRANCE! :puck:

Drunk chicks are just no that satisfying. What's it called when a chick pukes on you when she's trying to give you a BJ? That's all that happens to me when I pick up a drunk chick.

Edit: I call them puke jobs.

Enjoy going to the UK mate, My advice is just get drunk as possible. The UK have quite good pubs over here, also make sure you see alot of sights when you're in London, especially the london eye.

S

Sanguinius

If you're going to the London eye be prepared to wait for hours in queues. Personally I always liked the British Museum, it's quite a massive place and has exhibits from all over the world, the old Global spanning Empire still has a few traces left here, and that's one. Guess it depends what you're interested in though, but look online, there're a lot of tourist information sites for all those 3 cities.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sanguinius said:
If you're going to the London eye be prepared to wait for hours in queues. Personally I always liked the British Museum, it's quite a massive place and has exhibits from all over the world, the old Global spanning Empire still has a few traces left here, and that's one.

Yeah, more seriously I also recommend the British Museum; it's pretty cool. You've got to get a Rosetta Stone souvenir like I did, it's been 15 years and it's still decorating my shelf! :guts: Other than that I don't really know, maybe you could go over to Canterbury? See the Black Prince's tomb (and the cathedral around it, accessorily)!

Oburi

All praise Grail
This might sound touristy but THe London Dungeon is an awsome place. From what I remember it's like a giant wax museum of Englands history in all it's bloody glory. And it is bloody, especially the Jack the ripper part. But I loved it.

it's funny this thread was created, i'm ALSO going to London in two weeks! =)

There were plans of visiting Paris again, but hélas! i haven't got the money for that kind of travel.

so far the only things i've heard to do in london (besides the drinking) is that all the museums are free. I hear the Tate Modern is quite nice and I intend on stopping by at some point.

And so, whatever advice you people reason to give out, keep in my i'll be listening, too!

S

Sanguinius

The Perineum Falcon said:
it's funny this thread was created, i'm ALSO going to London in two weeks! =)

There were plans of visiting Paris again, but hélas! i haven't got the money for that kind of travel.

so far the only things i've heard to do in london (besides the drinking) is that all the museums are free. I hear the Tate Modern is quite nice and I intend on stopping by at some point.

And so, whatever advice you people reason to give out, keep in my i'll be listening, too!

It's an understandable decision, the Euro is quite strong against the dollar while the pound has been devaluing, so it would be relatively cheaper travelling in the UK than the Euro zone and cheaper travelling now than even a few months ago. But here's one of the big tourist sites for London

http://www.visitlondon.com/attractions/culture/major-museums

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Drunk chicks are just no that satisfying. What's it called when a chick pukes on you when she's trying to give you a BJ?
Scholars refer them as lube.

Top Bottom