So who would be up for a Berserk Re-Read Project?

In other words, every week we'd review a single copy of the manga (English translations only at this point) and create a new thread on it to discuss the subject in detail?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
willowhugger said:
Okay, I'll start the first topic sometime today.

:guts:
Damnit, I havent' ordered my copy yet! Ordering now. But don't wait up for me. I'll just use my Japanese volumes :miura:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Damnit, I havent' ordered my copy yet! Ordering now. But don't wait up for me. I'll just use my Japanese volumes :miura:

Well it's not like I'm ever going to use Dark Horse's volumes myself. :carcus:

Aazealh said:
Well it's not like I'm ever going to use Dark Horse's volumes myself. :carcus:

Honestly, I've yet to get past Volume 24 because I just don't read Manga very well online. I actually had to break from Berserk for two years so there would be ample Manga to read when I returned.

But yes, guys, the first volume is up and ready.

I think everyone who has any questions about the Project should ask them here.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
willowhugger said:
Honestly, I've yet to get past Volume 24 because I just don't read Manga very well online. I actually had to break from Berserk for two years so there would be ample Manga to read when I returned.

That's understandable. I just stick to the Japanese volumes myself.

I think the first on went really well.

I am curious, however, whether people have any ideas what we should discuss in them or whether just randomly sharing our thoughts is enough.

But this was a good excuse to complete my Dark Horse collection up to 25.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think we'll settle on a pattern of how to approach the reviews after a while. Maybe we should look for specific things in differnet volumes - like after we get to vol 6- go back and look at what we know of the Holy See's religion, just from what we've seen in the background, etc.

I sure wish there were more than 2-3 people participating though.

Walter said:
I think we'll settle on a pattern of how to approach the reviews after a while. Maybe we should look for specific things in differnet volumes - like after we get to vol 6- go back and look at what we know of the Holy See's religion, just from hat we've seen in the background, etc.

I sure wish there were more than 2-3 people participating though.

I've invited a few friends to participate, but these things tend to go in spurts. Part of the fun of these threads is in addition to the initial discussion, people often post to the older threads as well.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
The bits I have to contribute are all from memory, as my volumes are back in the States and I won't be seeing them for several months.

Top Bottom