Author Topic: Theoden's 3D Sculpts  (Read 42600 times)

Offline Delta Phi

• Sylph Sword
  • Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
  • Grail Serpico!
Re: 3D Zodd sculpt and other stuff
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2014, 11:08:20 PM »
Nice! Glad to see Wyald is getting some love! Looks really good, too. I hope you finish it!

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Of the Vortex
  • Is it future, or is it past?
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2014, 05:12:15 AM »
Good choice! :carcus: Wyald looks pretty close to the original panel (minus the hair, of course). Guts's face is tricky to pin down, as always, but maybe the lighting here makes his face look kind of skinny to me. Nice touch with the bootlaces, by the way.

Offline Hanma_Baki

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2014, 06:15:15 AM »
 :serpico:

I rarely got time to post nowadays, but man! I had to comment on this. I love what you´re doing here. Im not gonna bother with my amateur nitpicking cause I know how much of a perfectionist you are yourself... Both of those are def buys for me.

Offline asic

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2014, 08:34:06 AM »
Good stuff whenever I see Berserk 3d art it reminds me of my never completed projects  :puck: sadness

I'd just say first I really like the work you have done so far and the Wyald one is great, as for criticism your Guts model in general I feel it has too many sharp edges, for instance his lips, eyelids, some places around his muscles, some weird deformation going on at the chin and cheekbones as well. I would go more soft and less pinching to get a more natural look.

Offline Theoden

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »
It's been some time since my last post here.
Not so much have changed, but I'd like to share some exciting news with you !
Yesterday I received a sample of the 3D printer I am going to order.

Here it is :

As you can see, it's very detailed, fast, and it's resin material.
Now I can't stop thinking about all the Berserk possibilities I could produce.....

Nice! Glad to see Wyald is getting some love! Looks really good, too. I hope you finish it!
Thank you. I will! And I could even make a statue of it =D

Good choice! :carcus: Wyald looks pretty close to the original panel (minus the hair, of course). Guts's face is tricky to pin down, as always, but maybe the lighting here makes his face look kind of skinny to me. Nice touch with the bootlaces, by the way.
Yeah the face is always the biggest challenge!! Thank you for your interest.

:serpico:

I rarely got time to post nowadays, but man! I had to comment on this. I love what you´re doing here. Im not gonna bother with my amateur nitpicking cause I know how much of a perfectionist you are yourself... Both of those are def buys for me.
Thank you! Amateur nitpicking is always welcome, as long as it's constructive  :guts:

Good stuff whenever I see Berserk 3d art it reminds me of my never completed projects  :puck: sadness

I'd just say first I really like the work you have done so far and the Wyald one is great, as for criticism your Guts model in general I feel it has too many sharp edges, for instance his lips, eyelids, some places around his muscles, some weird deformation going on at the chin and cheekbones as well. I would go more soft and less pinching to get a more natural look.
I've always been a fan of your Zodd! You are absolutely right, I tend too much to sharpen the edges.

Offline ambientshanks

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2014, 07:35:29 PM »
Non Berserk related, but I think there are some GoT fans here :ganishka:

[/quotex

Woooow.  That is absolutely stunning!  Amazing details.  Great work!

Offline Theoden

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2014, 12:41:49 AM »
Non Berserk related, but I think there are some GoT fans here :ganishka:

Woooow.  That is absolutely stunning!  Amazing details.  Great work!

Thank you!

Hey guys, I've been working hard on my Guts Sculpt, reshaping, tweaking, reworking again and again and again... I'm getting closer.
I hope you like it. I am going to make a bust, polystone kit.

Next update I'll make, hopefully I will have finished and printed a prototype!!
Cheers  :guts:

Offline Mangetsu

« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2014, 01:51:44 PM »
The progress you made is just amazing. You pretty much nailed Guts Face. Great Job  :void:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:22:15 PM by Mangetsu »

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2014, 04:41:30 PM »
As always Theoden, you never fail to impress. :guts: Can't wait to see it when it emerges from the printer!

Offline Theoden

« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »
The progress you made is just amazing. You pretty much nailed Guts Face. Great Job  :void:

Thanks bro!! I almost feel ashame about the first attempt... But, well, it turned out not so bad heh?  :carcus:

As always Theoden, you never fail to impress. :guts: Can't wait to see it when it emerges from the printer!

Thanks Grail!! I can't wait as well!! I'm counting the days before It finally reaches me  :isidro:

Well well well... I've said that the next update would be with the prototype printed... I LIED  :ganishka: (even If that's not a big update...)
I made a test expression and I couldn't resist sharing it with you.
Here is how it turned out:

and here's a little gif I made with that :
http://gifmaker.me/PlayFrameAnimation.php?folder=2014121608UqhMbE2wFGGuBwuWc0PCXM

Offline Mangetsu

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2014, 06:47:20 PM »
 :isidro: Duude. It just keeps on looking better and better. And that gif is awsome  :serpico:

Offline Theoden

« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2015, 12:49:57 AM »
:isidro: Duude. It just keeps on looking better and better. And that gif is awsome  :serpico:

Thanks bro!

I finally printed my prototype. Only the base of the sculpt is missing. The difference of color is due to a different lighting setting.
The sculpture is far from being finished, It is not sanded and is just v01.

I hope you like it.

Offline Kruge

« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2015, 06:53:19 AM »
Wow the scars look fantastic! The likeness is spot on, too. What material did you have it printed in?
Not dead which eternal lie. Stranger aeons death may die.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2015, 07:40:43 AM »
Thanks bro!

I finally printed my prototype. Only the base of the sculpt is missing. The difference of color is due to a different lighting setting.
The sculpture is far from being finished, It is not sanded and is just v01.

I hope you like it.

VERY nice. With this kind of quality you could easily launch a statue business (or sell your services to one such company)... Seriously, great job there. :ubik:

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »
That looks so good, congrats! What scale/ how tall is it?
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Theoden

« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2015, 02:57:57 PM »
Wow the scars look fantastic! The likeness is spot on, too. What material did you have it printed in?

Thank you  :void: the material is grey resin.

VERY nice. With this kind of quality you could easily launch a statue business (or sell your services to one such company)... Seriously, great job there. :ubik:

Thanks a lot. It is my greatest wish... If you can contact a statue company to hire me, well, I would jump on the first plane  :ganishka:
I wish I was Japanese...  :sad:

That looks so good, congrats! What scale/ how tall is it?

Thank you!! height is 14,5 cm | 5,7 inches width is 14 cm | 5,51 inches, but without the base since I haven't printed it at the moment. So it's 1/4 I believe.

The bust was a first try, to get to know the machine and how to work with it. Later I will try full statue, which should actually be more simple to produce!

Edit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_Bn-TfG1k&feature=youtu.be

I added a video turntable of the armored version.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:47:16 AM by Theoden »

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2015, 05:49:49 PM »
At last! To be able to see your artwork in physical form after seeing it on a screen for so long must be a great feeling. Congrats, it came out looking great! :ubik:

Offline asic

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2015, 11:45:32 AM »
Impressive work! That printing came out great  :ubik:

What printer are you using?

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »

He posted about picking up a Formlabs form 1+ printer. Could be from that?
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Theoden

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »
At last! To be able to see your artwork in physical form after seeing it on a screen for so long must be a great feeling. Congrats, it came out looking great! :ubik:

Indeed...!After all this time it is something. Thank you for your support through this  :guts:

He posted about picking up a Formlabs form 1+ printer. Could be from that?

Yes this is from my printer  Formlabs form 1+. I am not rich enough to possess more than one  :ganishka:

I'm glad you guys like it. I must delay a bit this project but next I will start the armored version... !

Offline DirectDK

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2015, 05:07:15 PM »
Incredible!!!

Offline Kruge

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2015, 05:43:08 PM »
What's cool about the 3d print is there are a lot of undercuts in the hair of your sculpt that just aren't possible to recreate by molding and casting.

Offline Theoden

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2015, 10:11:11 PM »
Incredible!!!

Thank you  :guts:

What's cool about the 3d print is there are a lot of undercuts in the hair of your sculpt that just aren't possible to recreate by molding and casting.

Yes it would be difficult I guess.

Anyways, here are some new  pictures. I finally managed to print the base, now the bust is almost complete, only the nameplate is missing.
I hope you like it.

here is a picture for the scale

Offline Kruge

« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2015, 07:07:52 AM »
Love that base!

Offline Theoden

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2015, 09:31:54 PM »
Love that base!

Thanks!

And here is the Berserker armor version   :beast: