Theoden's 3D Sculpts

Re: 3D Zodd sculpt and other stuff

Aazealh said:
Well, his head looks a bit small, doesn't it? :zodd:

Yeah, actually I agree with that. I didn't want to get the same Zodd as Miura created, True Zodd is more "fat" if I can say that. I made the head smaller to get the impression of a giant (small head + big hands + big body = big warrior lol)

lol Cool I got it x).

A last thing for my defense lol, I wanted to say that there is various Zodd(s) in Berserk history.. Actually even for his face, and his body muscles really gets a big change... :zodd:

cryo said:
still needs a bit more work though, on the loincloth especially, looks like it's floating,and legs look a bit funny too otherwise, nice work man!

Yeah you're totally right, the loincloth is floating, and the sword too hehehe. I don't have time to work more for now on it, have to produce my demo reel to get a job, and very very quick :carcus:

hehe nice that you can actually work in the field, here in Romania there's no chance for that, so i do 3d as a hobby, and will probably work as an architect, but anyways, link us to your reel :daiba:

cryo said:
hehe nice that you can actually work in the field, here in Romania there's no chance for that, so i do 3d as a hobby, and will probably work as an architect, but anyways, link us to your reel :daiba:

It's really a shame, but you know, there are not many opportunities to work with zbrush and mostly in this field in france, except in publicity. I think I'm gonna work in england, or in Canada (f**king visas).

If this is really a thing you wanna do, try to go to another country, that's what I'm going to do :carcus:

CCS said:
Totally awesome. Boots could use a little more defining though.

Yeah that's true, but for two reasons I didn't spend soo much time on the accessories, one reason is because I'm gonna animate Zodd, and boots and loinclothare going to be in fur/hair system, and not in polygons. It was just made as an example thing.

Since I finished my reel, I'm gonna spend more time on this model, that is to say texturing it and rendering it... I have an ambitious animation with a friend and I am willing to spend all my free time on this. I hope it will give something.

Anyway, Cryo, asic, Dilsonlucas, have you ever used "massive" software ? I'm gonna use it, and see what I can make with it...

showguynie said:
Anyway, Cryo, asic, Dilsonlucas, have you ever used "massive" software ? I'm gonna use it, and see what I can make with it...

The only 'massive' software i used are some Massive Black painting Videos :troll:

Oh okay, if this is for animation then yeah all that stuff can be added in as a surface when you render. What program are you using?

Hey there. It's been quite a while since I last updated here..

Well, I believe there are some Mass Effect players here ^___^ so I thought I could share my last work in progress :

sheppypy.jpg

sheppy01.jpg

sheppypy02.jpg

Sorry it took so long to answer.
I was talking about V-Ray render. I never used it before.

Here is my first attempt to sculpt Guts. Comments & critics are more than welcome, even If it's still a work in progress.

887512_10151303351788244_177708553_o.jpg

860607_10151303386428244_1117927433_o.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Theoden said:
Here is my first attempt to sculpt Guts. Comments & critics are more than welcome, even If it's still a work in progress.
Wow, at this point all I can say is great job! The space over and around the eyelids looks like it has an extra wrinkle to me, but that's all I can see right now. The eyebrows are my favorite part, that must've taken a while. :isidro:

Since I'm not much of a 3d expert, I've been meaning to ask - when you're sculpting a face like that, what tends to be the most time-consuming part of the process for you?

Genome said:
As mentioned :ubik:
Very good job!

Thank you for the kind words.

Grail said:
Wow, at this point all I can say is great job! The space over and around the eyelids looks like it has an extra wrinkle to me, but that's all I can see right now. The eyebrows are my favorite part, that must've taken a while. :isidro:

Since I'm not much of a 3d expert, I've been meaning to ask - when you're sculpting a face like that, what tends to be the most time-consuming part of the process for you?

Thank you. I appreciate your criticism and you are right. The eyebrows? Yeah, it took about 5 mins :ganishka:
The most time-consuming part... Since this is a portrait of an existing character, the most difficult ( and so time-consuming ) part would be to move and adjust the proportions. The nose, eyes and lips can change everything... Even for some millimeters... It's always a challenge to be able to get dynamic lines around a complicated area such as the human face, but remaining realistic enough, finding the right balance. Sorry If I'm not clear.

Aazealh said:
Looks really good so far. Well done!

Thank you !

Skeleton said:
That's pretty cool, Theoden! :)

Alchimista86 said:
work of the highest quality compliments ^ ^ Zodd very original :zodd:

Thank you. I feel ashamed every time I look back at this Zodd... I need to rework it. But for now I want to focus on Guts.

Update. There is still plenty of anatomical issues, but feel free to criticize as usual :)
89356810151359445403244.jpg

52194210151359446848244.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

It's coming together! The one thing that jumps out to me as far as a resemblance is concerned is the shoulders. They look a little too broad, particularly the deltoid muscles which appear too round.

Walter said:
It's coming together! The one thing that jumps out to me as far as a resemblance is concerned is the shoulders. They look a little too broad, particularly the deltoid muscles which appear too round.

Yes, they are too broad. I actually don't know what to do yet... I took the game model sheet as a base to sculpt Guts. So the silhouette is exactly ( except some very minor areas ) the same.
But here is the main issue : I don't know If it would be better to get a more accurate anatomical approach or really stay as faithful as possible as what Miura did.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Theoden said:
I don't know If it would be better to get a more accurate anatomical approach or really stay as faithful as possible as what Miura did.
Well, it depends on how you're approaching this exercise really. There are merits to both as long as you stick to one of those as the guiding principle.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

For what it's worth I'd stick to Miura's design as much as possible.

Yes, I am going to follow Miura's design as much as possible.

I reworked the model and corrected some areas.

myyyyyyyyy02.jpg

torso02.jpg

torso03.jpg

Dragonslayer size test.

dragonslayer.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Right on, those muscles look a lot more defined, and definitely more Guts-like. That scary rib cage is a dead giveaway! :guts:

Top Bottom