Judeau and Casca

G

Gangstap

I have been wondering for some time, and now that im watching the series and reading the manga again; can anyone tell me what Judeau wanted to tell Casca right before he died? He was one of my faves, so I must know. Thanks all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gangstap said:
I have been wondering for some time, and now that im watching the series and reading the manga again; can anyone tell me what Judeau wanted to tell Casca right before he died? He was one of my faves, so I must know. Thanks all.

He wanted to tell her that he loved her.

G

Gangstap

Do they mention that somewhere? I havent ran into it in either the manga or the anime.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gangstap said:
Do they mention that somewhere? I havent ran into it in either the manga or the anime.

It's made clear through various subtle hints in the manga as well as his dying thoughts. You shouldn't have any problem noticing it if you re-read the Golden Age arc while looking for them.

That's what made Judeau's death scene so emotional. if you ignore all of the carnage that took place.. in a way, he died peacefully in the arms of the woman he loved.

VICTORIOUS march said:
That's what made Judeau's death scene so emotional. if you ignore all of the carnage that took place.. in a way, he died peacefully in the arms of the woman he loved.

I actually think that he died with regrets. Yes he died in the arms of the women he loved and it's real poetic but he wasn't actually successful in telling her how he felt. I don't think he was satisfied with his final words. He wasn't content.

Gotta hand it to Miura, he didn't just make that part tragic and emotional. It's full of despair, helplessness and failure. If Judo would have actually succeeded in telling Casca exactly how he felt before he died, his death would not have had the same impact.. at least on me.

Ramen4ever said:
Gotta hand it to Miura, he didn't just make that part tragic and emotional. It's full of despair, helplessness and failure. If Judo would have actually succeeded in telling Casca exactly how he felt before he died, his death would not have had the same impact.. at least on me.
I feel that way too... It's really sad, but somehow I liked that Miura made a "special" death for him. He was a really beloved character..
That makes me wonder if Casca had/will ever realize(d) the deep feelings he had for her. :???: :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lara Skadi said:
That makes me wonder if Casca had/will ever realize(d) the deep feelings he had for her. :???: :judo:

That seems a bit unlikely at this point. If she didn't realize it then, why would she now?

She could think about it after she gets her mind back :troll:
But really, she'll probably have LOTS of things to think other than analysing their relationship all over - if she "comes back", that is (highly probable)
Well, that's something to wait and see, but I at least expect her to remind him dying in her arms (and it to be shown at the time).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lara Skadi said:
... I at least expect her to [remember?] him dying in her arms (and it to be shown at the time).
Maybe... But I don't see why she'd recall that particular moment any more than others in that traumatic time. Like Aaz is trying to say, Judo wasn't as special to Casca as she was to him.

Walter said:
Maybe... But I don't see why she'd recall that particular moment any more than others in that traumatic time. Like Aaz is trying to say, Judo wasn't as special to Casca as she was to him.

And that's the sad/tragic thing about it.

I hate these topics.. I don't care for Griffith's current battle as much as I care for developments regarding Casca and Gut's relationship, their past and possibly future. One thing is for certain. Elfhelm is going to offer some incredible character development.

As for Judo? I think just seeing what Casca's reaction to the event (eclipse and the death of just about everyone she knew,etc) in general would be is interesting enough. It wouldn't have to focus on a particular person like Judo. I really won't be envying Miura once he switches over to Guts and co. That is going to be incredibly difficult to write. :isidro:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I really won't be envying Miura once he switches over to Guts and co. That is going to be incredibly difficult to write. :isidro:

Why do you think he's been taking such long breaks? The story, both on Griffith and Guts' side, is reaching a very delicate point.

Aazealh said:
Why do you think he's been taking such long breaks? The story, both on Griffith and Guts' side, is reaching a very delicate point.

I know. And that is probably one of the reasons why I hate it when people complain about the long breaks, especially when it comes to Berserk. The man's level of writing is outstanding. Genius can't be rushed. I'm sure he's going to weave the story together perfectly. Just thinking about how much work and planning that takes though.. it's quite astounding. And he's been doing it from day one.

Reminds me of a thread idea I need to pm you about. :guts:

Lately people haven't complained much about his recent break - actually, I've seen more of "guy needs a vacation" comment than anything. I don't disagree, I preffer a long story with long waits than no story at all due to an author's illness :s

Top Bottom