New Griffith vs Old Band of the Hawk

G

Gangstap

It seems to me that the hatred that was created towards Griffith is being drained from my body the more and more I think about this. After all that terrible stuff he did, I can't see how no one except Guts is going after him for revenge. Rickert himself cried about it, but even he couldn't bring himself to hate Griffith. Even Casca, even though she is mentally unstable, seemed happy to see Griffith (while Zodd and Guts were fighting). What is going on, does Miura want us to forget what Griffith did to his friends in order to gain what he desired?

The more I wonder, the more it seems to make sense; I mean all of the old band of the hawk road with Griffith because they wanted to help him reach his goal... So does that mean they went into battle willing to throw their lives down for him? Does this mean that what he did wasn't totally barbaric? Meh.... did I just answer my own question?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think you're missing the point man. Don't be fooled by Griffith's angelic appearance and demeanor. He's a demon lord. There's no doubt what Griffith did was evil -- and Miura certainly hasn't forgotten. I also think you're glossing over the complex coping mechanisms of Guts, Rickert and Casca. They didn't wuss out of responding to Griffith's actions or anything.

Rickert had found a new life by the time he learned of the reason for the Falcons' true demise -- he didn't need to cling to revenge or hate to cope. He had something to live for.

Casca was mentally ruined by the experience, and so her response to seeing Griffith on the Hill of Swords is a mess of complex feelings. She recognizes him and is drawn to him, and possibly even senses her son within, but is also repelled by the evil aura Griffith emanates. Not to mention how confusing the whole experience must have been for her in her state of mind. She, of all three remaining Falcons, has had the most troubling time of coping with the incident. And we won't know the final implications of her coping mechanism until it's complete (at Elfhelm, we all hope).

Guts had nothing left, and witnessed first-hand the carnage of the Eclipse, so of course he turned to the most overt, violent means of coping. And we all know how well that ended for his personality ( :beast: ).

G

Gangstap

The Skull Knight did mention something along the lines of her wanting something other than what he would want once she, if it is even possible, gets outa of this vegetable state. That and the crying led me to believe she might turn on Guts, but now that you mention it, I find it real hard to do. Ugh, I really really wish Miura would just go on Berserk manga writing raze and pump out a few more volumes soon lol.

Well thanks for clarifying Walter! :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gangstap said:
It seems to me that the hatred that was created towards Griffith is being drained from my body the more and more I think about this. After all that terrible stuff he did, I can't see how no one except Guts is going after him for revenge.

Well there aren't that many people that can do it. None save for Guts in fact.

Gangstap said:
Rickert himself cried about it, but even he couldn't bring himself to hate Griffith.

That's what Guts told him when Rickert said he'd come with him to avenge their fallen comrades. It's not as if he didn't mind or would still consider Griffith his friend. Like Walter said, Rickert has a new life to live and that's why it isn't his place to go after Griffith. What would become of Erica if he left? And what would he do anyway? He's not strong enough to even oppose a single apostle.

Gangstap said:
Even Casca, even though she is mentally unstable, seemed happy to see Griffith (while Zodd and Guts were fighting).

Casca has no memory of her former life. What she saw likely wasn't Griffith but her child. And she acted with him like she's always done.

Gangstap said:
The Skull Knight did mention something along the lines of her wanting something other than what he would want once she, if it is even possible, gets outa of this vegetable state.

He didn't mean that she'll run to Griffith.

G

Gangstap

She saw her child through Griffith? But its her's and Guts's child, Griffith just made it evil.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Gangstap said:
She saw her child through Griffith?
Yes.

But its her's and Guts's child, Griffith just made it evil.
To be fair, Griffith just tainted Guts and Casca's child. He didn't turn JR evil, I mean if the kid was evil I'm sure he would have done evil things instead of checking up on his mom and pop regularly.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gangstap said:
She saw her child through Griffith? But its her's and Guts's child, Griffith just made it evil.

Yes. But in case you haven't noticed, Femto now exists in the material world. He's got a new "Griffith" body. Remember how he got it? The Beherit-Apostle swallowed up Guts and Casca's child, and then transformed it into an apt vessel for Femto to take. The body Griffith is using was once that of the child, and as we have seen in the very scene you were referring to, a part of the child still exists within him.

G

Gangstap

So the Egg-apostle was Femto? And when he ate the kid, he became human?
I swear i saw the kid being chased by pirates, maybe my eyes decieved me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gangstap said:
So the Egg-apostle was Femto? And when he ate the kid, he became human?
I swear i saw the kid being chased by pirates, maybe my eyes decieved me.
No. Read Aaz's post more carefully. You lost track of the subject's sentence. The egg apostle transformed IT (the child) into an apt vessel for Griffith.

As for Guts and Casca's child being a Kushan girl with a dress on in episode 246, I think there's more going on here than your eyes deceiving you. Might want to get a CAT scan or something.

G

Gangstap

Alright, just had to make sure, ive only read through the manga once, and you all have been talking about this anime/manga on this site for a long ass time now. So I see why you might get frustrated, but i'm just trying to understand everything... Still a ways to go, so there are many questions I have.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I understand. But I'd really suggest a re-read if you're misunderstanding the fundamentals. The Dark Horse editions are up to volume 25 now.

G

Gangstap

I may just do that, but i dont see how that is the fundamentals, that is the kinda stuff that people make hypothesis' about. Anyways, excuse me for asking, what is so special about Dark Horse edition? They go farther in depth?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gangstap said:
I may just do that, but i dont see how that is the fundamentals, that is the kinda stuff that people make hypothesis' about. Anyways, excuse me for asking, what is so special about Dark Horse edition? They go farther in depth?
Well, thinking the Beherit Apostle was Femto is a fundamental misunderstanding of what's going on. And the Dark Horse editions are just the English language publishers of the Berserk manga. ( http://www.darkhorse.com/Search/berserk )

G

Gangstap

Oh alright, ill try them out; also, that reminds me, the egg apostle kept mentioning to luca that he would be a vessel for something great. Makes sense, my fault on the misunderstanding.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gangstap said:
Alright, just had to make sure, ive only read through the manga once, and you all have been talking about this anime/manga on this site for a long ass time now. So I see why you might get frustrated, but i'm just trying to understand everything... Still a ways to go, so there are many questions I have.

No worries man, it's cool. You just ask your questions and we'll answer them. :serpico:

Top Bottom